Internet Access, Singapore

Know about this? Rate It!

Cheap Internet access
    by SWFC_Fan
    Internet cafe: 16A Bali Lane
    by SWFC_Fan
  • Portable wifi rental in Singapore

by AndrewCheng87 Written Jan 6, 2013

Favorite thing: Hello Thank you for all your replies.

I have been considering the option of buying a prepaid SIM card as well as roaming around Singapore to search for free wifi. However, i think there are these few drawbacks:

1) I will lose my original phone number if i were to replace it with a prepaid SIM card. My business associates or friends back home might not be able to reach me
    2) Heard that free wifi in Singapore is limited to only a few locations and cafes and is very difficult for tourists to log on.
    3) I will need internet access on my tablet and laptop too. Using tethered internet (if possible) from my mobile phone will be slow and battery draining.

I tried googling for portable wifi rental in Singapore and came across this website
    www.rentafi.com
    They seem to be the only provider in Singapore offering the rental such device. The other one i found is porter express which does not seem to be in existence anymore.
    Has anyone tried rentafi's product before and whether it is similar to those in Japan and Korea?

• cjg1's Profile Photo

VT Meeting

by cjg1 Updated Nov 9, 2007

Favorite thing: I have to say all the people I met here was one of the major appeals to me during my trip. Like everywhere else in the world you go and meet up with VTers and others willing to meet someone from the internet out and about, you will find and say the people are great. I was glad to see Singapore yet another example of that on this trip. As well as those in Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur on this same trip.

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo

Cheap Internet access

by SWFC_Fan Written Dec 19, 2005

Internet cafe: 16A Bali Lane

Favorite thing: Cheap Internet access is available at Internet cafes throughout Singapore.

Some hotels and hostels offer free (or cheap) Internet access to guests.

Most places charge a per hour fee for Internet access and then additional for other services (eg printing, burning to CDs, hiring headphones or a webcam).

My preferred Internet cafe for keeping in touch with home (and VT) was this one, located at 16A Bali Lane. Internet access is available on about 20 computer terminals at a charge of just S$2 (approx 0.70 GBP / 1 Euro) per hour.

• Business Travel