Statues, Singapore

Know about this? Rate It!

Monument
    by RoseAmano
    by phil_uk_net
    Statues alongside the Singapore river
    by phil_uk_net
  • RoseAmano's Profile Photo

You can see a lot of monuments in Singapore.

by RoseAmano Written Jun 13, 2004
    Monument

Favorite thing: When we walk around the Singapore city, we can see a lot of monuments and these pleased our eyes.

Fondest memory: Especially at Bout Quey, we saw some monuments which was interested and sometimes we droped into deep thought about Singapore history.

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Children Playing Statue

by Jmill42 Written Mar 22, 2004

The sculpture

Favorite thing: This statue catches your eye rather quickly. As you are walking over Cavanagh Bridge, you are immediately sturck with fear that a group of misguided youths are racing to end their lives!! OK, no not really, but I truly thought they were kids on first glance! The statues are brilliantly carved and are just 10 meters from the bridge. A must photo for any tourist.

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Big Bird

by Jmill42 Updated Mar 22, 2004

Bird

Favorite thing: By far the coolest and funniest statue of my trip was this guy. It is located along the waterfront by the Boat Quay. Lets just say that its rear is too anatomically correct! Weird!

Its artist's name is Botero and its name is as it should be... Bird. Its made out of bronze and was commisioned by the bank it sits underneath, the United Overseas Bank.

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

by phil_uk_net Written Dec 30, 2003

Statues

Fondest memory: There are lots of these statues around Singapore and I really like them. I like the theme of depicting every day scenes from past times, and I like the way they are positioned - not on plinths but down at ground level where people walk by.

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Statues depicting the old way of life

by phil_uk_net Updated Oct 6, 2003

Statues alongside the Singapore river

Fondest memory: I think it is sad that as Singapore has been developed the old buildings have been torn down. I can understand that the living conditions were not acceptable in the modern world but it is still sad.

These statues are great though, showing the old way of life. In my opinion, they are works of art that are very pleasing to the eye - to my eye, anyway.

• grahamopey's Profile Photo

Lovin' the lions

by grahamopey Written Jun 29, 2005

Favorite thing: I loved the lions around Singapore, they reminded me a little of Manchester's (now departed) cow parade.

Instant Answers: Singapore