Walking, Singapore

Know about this? Rate It!

On my walk........Waterloo Street
    On my walk........Fullerton Hotel
    On my walk.........
  • balhannah's Profile Photo

Walking Singapore

by balhannah Written Dec 9, 2009

Favorite thing: Singapore is really an excellent place for walking. Yes, it does get hot, but be prepared, take your water, wear your sunhat & sunscreen, and have your sunnies on!
    If you do get tired, there is buses & taxi's and the MRT. Get thirsty?,... plenty of places to buy a drink.......Hungry, ....plenty of food places also!

What I found of great help when planning what we were going to see and do, was the website that I have listed. I came across it by chance, and it was excellent in my eyes.
    It lists many walking trails that you can do in Singapore, and gives information on each, so you can read beforehand and decide which you wish to do!

Check it out!............

On my walk........Waterloo Street On my walk......... On my walk......Raffles Hotel On my walk.......... On my walk........Fullerton Hotel
    • Hiking and Walking

• Rinjani's Profile Photo

Walk Walk Walk

by Rinjani Written Jun 17, 2006

Favorite thing: Singapore can be proud to be known as Garden City. Mostly, you will walk under shadow of trees where you can be protected from the sun. If you don’t carry heavy shopping bags, walking is very comfortable. If you plan to go to Singapore, it is recommended wear as comfy footwear as possible. Mostly, you will end up walking everywhere.

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Singapore at Night

by Jmill42 Written Mar 22, 2004

Favorite thing: One of my best memories of Singapore was captured in this picture. You must walk along the waterfront at night. Taking in the Merlion, and then continuing along and over the bridge towards the "theaters along the bay" gives you a great view over the fairly new structures. It really is magnificent.

But, then again, I love city lights at night.

Singapore at Night

• diageva's Profile Photo

Distances

by diageva Written Nov 28, 2003

Favorite thing: One of my big mistakes when I arrived to this beautiful city is that I didn't count with so big avenues ... and that to crose a road .. was to crose a big avenue having to go a big distance to crosse it ... and that if you where wrong direction ... you will have to walk a great way back... so if you in the MRT be sure to get outside from the corect door.
    Inside Chinatown and Little India ... things are diferent ... you have normal walk distances.

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Five Foot Way

by phil_uk_net Written Dec 30, 2003

Fondest memory: A classic piece of Singaporean architecture - the Five Foot Way. More often than not, a hive of activity ... and very useful when it is raining (as it frequently does).

Five Foot Way