Clarke Quay, Singapore

by arni_ph075
    Veggie
    by arni_ph075
  • glamour21's Profile Photo

Quayside Seafood @ Clarke Quay: Fresh seafood!

by glamour21 Written Jun 17, 2013
    Seafood restaurant Clarke Quay

Had a great meal there a couple weeks ago with my wife. We had a ton of seafood for less than $100. The trick is to order several small dishes and share them. We ordered four and were stuffed...we wanted to try the crab and lobster, but decided to sample everything we could instead. Let me just say: this place did not disappoint. We had scallops, shrimp, squid, and a mixed seafood with noodle dish. Ah-ma-zing...seriously. Service was good, food was hot and came out pretty quickly, price was more than reasonable and the view...sitting right on the Quay. What's not to like?

Favorite Dish: The scallops were perfectly cooked and not overdone..it takes real skill to know the precise moment to take them off the heat, and the chef was on his/her game that day because they were perfect.

• Luxury Travel

• Stentorian's Profile Photo

Hooters or any other: Relax with a drink or snack or heavy meal.

by Stentorian Written May 4, 2011
    Riverside cafe

There are lots of restaurants and pubs around this place. Find and suitable place and grab a drink or snack. Heavy meal is also not a bad idea. This place is a bit pricy but with the river view and live music, its worth it.

• Octapas: Very poor Value

by philwardrop Updated Apr 19, 2011

Nice setting, very slow service, some poor dishes, my Peppers stuffed with minced chick was mostly Tomato puree, with cheese, maybe 20gms of chicken
    Gazpachoo Tasty, but small, Grilled Squid OK but 20 mins to serve from order

House white OK

Overall not a great experience and certainly not cheap

Favorite Dish: Grilled Squid

• inbavaria's Profile Photo

Indochine: Disappointing Dinner

by inbavaria Updated Apr 4, 2011

We had dinner at the Indochine on 28 Dec 2008, and the food was quite terrible. We had made reservations to have a New Year's Eve dinner at the Indochine and decided to try it out first. Good move. The food was awful. Although the restaurant has a great location and setting, the kitchen obviously is not up to the task. My daughter had steamed sea bass in lemon sauce. The fish arrived in a chafing dish which was actually smaller than the fish, which was submerged in a yellowish sauce. It looked quite ridiculuous. I nearly asked the wait staff to pour off half of the sauce so that we could see the fish. The taste was fine, but it's difficult to mess up a sea bass. My wife ordered pepper beef, which was recommended on one of the web sites we consulted. Her dish consisted of about 8 cubes of beef and nothing else. You would have expected some condiments or peppers, but it was just a few cubes of beef that were nearly cold and quite tasteless. They tasted like the kitchen had forgotten to spice the dish or add the peppers. The greatest disappointment were my tiger prawns in tamarind sauce. I had a similar dish in Phuket on a recent trip, and it was fantastic. At the Indochine, it was disgusting. There were five luke-warm, medium sized prawns stacked up against each other, with an accompanying bowl of a sticky, sweet sauce which tasted vaguely like tamarind sauce. The prawns were obviously not fresh. They had the grey-green hue of prawns which were pre-cooked and then reheated. It was just plain nasty. Considering the price of S$39 for this dish, it was quite a rip-off. Yes, the setting is great on Clarke Quay, and the service was very good, but the food was awful. Obviously, we cancelled our New Year's Eve reservations. There are many wonderful and memorable restaurants in Singapore, but I will always remember the Indochine as a great disapppointment.

Favorite Dish: None

• arni_ph075's Profile Photo

Clarke Quay: Jumbo : Mouth Watering Chili Crab

by arni_ph075 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Chili Crab

Jumbo Restaurant in Riverside Point is a great place to have dinner on weekend. Its always fully booked on weekends, thus best to reserve in advance. Choose the open air seating near the waterfront, its relaxing place for long chats while eating seafood dishes.

Jumbo is a chain of restaurants, but I prefer this Riverside Point as you can easily hop to the nightlife of Clarke Quay. Or take a river cruise going to Esplanade after dinner.

Its a must to eat @ Jumbo on your trip to Singapore, to complete the experience. :-)

Favorite Dish: Chili Crab of course, its the restaurant signature dish... Best eaten with fried buns., dipping the bread on the chili crab sauce is a truly Singaporean way of eating the dish. :-)

If you fancy something spicy, the black pepper crab is something to try, its a bit spicy for my taste, but its also tasty.

The cereal prawn, is also another crowd favourite.

• ocean_ranger1's Profile Photo

Clarke Quay: Spoilt for Choice

by ocean_ranger1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Clarke Quay is a wonderful place to visit for dinner. Plenty of choices from local satay to Italian and everything in between. Plenty of places to also quench your thirst. We ate and drank there on several occasions. Steak, Italian and local foods. Not the cheapest of places but then again what is cheap in Singapore. For 3 adults the price for drinks and meals was around SG$100.

• kirsty_lamb's Profile Photo

Renn Thai: Clark Quay Hot Stone eating

by kirsty_lamb Updated Apr 4, 2011

This was a cook your own hot stone dinner. You got a very hot rock and some uncooked fish or meat, and cooked your own dinner. I know it sounds a bit strange, and we only went as part of a tour group, but, if it wasn't our last night there, we would have gone back.

Favorite Dish: Chicken and Salmon, and the spring rolls...mmmmmm

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Fish Tales: Clarke Quay area

by easterntrekker Updated Apr 4, 2011

Chili Crab

This is a fun place to go for food and nightlife. There are so many restuarants it's a hard pick . Everyone just cruises around reading menus and picking a spot with a good seat and view if possible. There are lots of choices . Cuisines range from Chinese, Indian, Western, Indonesian and Seafood.

Favorite Dish: We went on Valentine's and tried the chili crab . Being from Nova Scotia , we're no stranger to shellfish , but I have to say this was different and very good. Be warned it is messy though.

• Pete.Gibson's Profile Photo

Clarke Quay: Take your pick

by Pete.Gibson Updated Apr 4, 2011

photo taken about 15 years ago

This is a great area to sit at night ,resturants line the complete water front at clarke quay this area was once the centre of commerce during the 19th century, now a mixure of all types of food from Seafood,asian,indian, and western plus entertainment, a real must if visiting Singapore

• robertgaz's Profile Photo

Clarke Quay: Ambience with a view

by robertgaz Updated Apr 4, 2011

Clarke Quay

This is just a general tip to visit Clarke Quay for dinner. There are heaps of great restaurants to try here.

Check out their menu at the entrance before making a reservation which is recommended as Clarke Quay is a popular spot with locals and tourists alike.

After dinner take a bumboat ride on the river or try the reverse bungy if you have the intestinal fortitude for it.

• m888han's Profile Photo

Clarke Quay: Expensive food

by m888han Updated Apr 4, 2011

Give Clarke Quay and Boat Quay a miss if you want to try local traditional food. Go to a local MRT station and there will be hawker centres nearby for a quarter of the price and absolutely magnificent local food. Although, there are nice views and good for people watching from the Quayside - that's what you're paying for.

• Chellenz's Profile Photo

Cafe Iguana: Tequila!!!!

by Chellenz Written Sep 26, 2008

the bar

Great food, cool bar and awesome manager!!
    we stumbled across this place starving we smelt the food...as we walked up the stairs and my new hubby said I think this is the tequila bar....sure enough he was correct this was one of the places he wanted to see in our first trip in 2007 but we had missed out...this time we made it the food was lovely!! The tequila was awesome and to top off the night my hubby started to chat to the manager and then he offered us a drink on the house...what would we like?? not being sure what options we could have as there is so many options so we leave the choice to him...he came out with a
    Reposados in a flute each worth about $50 a shot!!
    These smooth, golden hued tequilas are aged in wood for 2—12 mnths and are excellent for sipping.
    What a nice surprise to have a free drink of this quality...hubby was impressed as tequila is his the only thing he drinks.

Favorite Dish: Had steak was awesome!!!

• heryanta's Profile Photo

Jumbo Seafood (Riverside Point): Decent seafood

by heryanta Written Jul 15, 2007

There's a lot of good seafood restaurants in Singapore. Jumbo seafood is actually of good quality, but like other establishments at Clarke Quay it is rather expensive. I ate here two times: first when I was living in Amsterdam and second when I was living in Bangkok and the second time was when I noticed the price is rather steep.

The crab fried rice, deep fried fish in sweet & sour sauce and golden prawn were good.

• Carino's Profile Photo

Crazy Elephant @ Clarke Quay: Crazy Elephant

by Carino Written Jan 6, 2007

Crazy Elephant is one of the few places in Singapore which plays Rock Music once in a while. Missing rock music I just had to drop by.

Favorite Dish: I had a Grilled Chicken Salad @ SGD 8 and a Pint at a Clarke Quay Price of SGD 11. The staff is very friendly and the place just rocks.

• robertgaz's Profile Photo

Jumbo Seafood Gallery: Try the Chilli Crab

by robertgaz Updated Sep 6, 2006

Something for everyone

The food here is just great and there is something on the menu for everyone. Dishes include Chilli Crab, Sri Lankan Crab, Fried Prawns with Cereal, Deep Fried Fish and Crispy Baby Squids.

But do make a booking here because the Jumbo Seafood Gallery is a very popular restaurant with locals and visitors alike.

Favorite Dish: The Chilli Crab is simply delicious if not messy. Don't wear whites!

Instant Answers: Singapore