Kazu Sumi-Yaki Restaurant, Singapore

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Kazu Sumi-Yaki Restaurant: Kazu Sumi-Yaki Restaurant

by phil_uk_net Updated Apr 4, 2011

Kazu Sumi-Yaki Restaurant

This is one of those places that I would never have found, left to my own devices, but as the group I was in was being taken out by a knowledgeable local I got to eat here.

The restaurant is located in a large, multi-level building on the 4th floor and is quite small. It was busy when I went and this is how it is all the time apparently as it is very popular with the locals. Reservations, therefore, are recommended.

Cuppage Plaza appears to be a little piece of Japan in Singapore. I noticed several other Japanese restaurants within the complex, as well as Japanese lounges and bars. All-in-all, a very interesting place to spend an evening.

I'm afraid that I didn't get a photo of the establishment (the ultimate failure for a VT member).

Favorite Dish: I am no expert on Japanese food, unlike several of my dining companions who had spent time working in Tokyo.
    Yakitori (skewered grilled chicken) is the house speciality but we sampled a variety of dishes including crab, fish and foie gras. All very good.

Instant Answers: Singapore

Comments

Hotels Near Kazu Sumi-Yaki Restaurant
4.5 out of 5 stars