La Cave, Singapore

• Blondiina's Profile Photo

La Cave Wine Bar and Restaurant: Nice location, so so otherwise

by Blondiina Updated Apr 4, 2011
    La Cave Wine Bar and Restaurant

This restaurant is located on the bottom level in the Chijmes eating and entertainment “complex”. I was tempted to try it, because I was hoping to enjoy a nice wine with my food. Well, the wine list was OK, but nothing really special. The same goes to the menu; the food was OK but nothing that would give reason for overflowing praises. The main courses come with a complimentary drink e.g. house wine, beer, Coca Cola. Service was friendly but advertising itself as a wine bar one would expect the waiters to actually know their wines and be able to give recommendations describing the wines character.

But as the setting is quite nice, this is an acceptable place for dinner, if you don’t have high expectations regarding the food or the wine.

• Wine Tasting

• Carino's Profile Photo

La Cave @ Chijmes: La Cave @ Chijmes

by Carino Updated Apr 4, 2011

I like Chijmes and I like the variary of Restaurants. One evening we went to La Cave.

Favorite Dish: I love the Corriander Tomato Rice with Chicken! Awesome dish! The downside was the staff. I ordered the CHECK and they came over and brought us a JUG! Hello? Is my english so bad? And the best thing.... they got mad! Isn't the customer still king? Didn't get the feeling there.

Instant Answers: Singapore