Morton's, Singapore

5 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

• And a nice view when we got out from the resto.
    And a nice view when we got out from the...
    My baby and her meat.
    by Henrik_rrb
    Celebrating my baby's birthday.

• Henrik_rrb's Profile Photo

Morton's The Steakhouse: Number 1 in Singapore

by Henrik_rrb Written Sep 19, 2009

Now this is the place you should go to if you want good service, great food, and a perfect celebration.
    I had had huge problems to come up with something that could at least come close to the way my baby celebrated my birthday now when it was her turn to become a year older, but after some thinking I realised it was time to book at table at Morton's.

Recently voted as Singapore's #1 by Tripadvisor, which I can understand, this is really a classy and fantastic restaurant. The local is huge, quite dark and the seats and tables are quite different to each other. Book a table a while ahead so you get one along the wall with the view over the rest of the restaurant.

Located onto the fourth floor or Mandarin Oriental hotel, one of the more expensive in the country. And the luxury evening starts already at the gate when the first waiter wished my Herny a very happy birthday. It then continued with specially printed menus, with "Happy birthday" and her name at the top and then a waiter who very detailed went throught tonight's menu.

I'm glad Herny was there, as I would never have been able to remember everything, but with her and the waiter's guidance we quickly found ourselves the perfect dinner. When the chocolate cake came in at the end of the evening all the waiters nearby also moved up to the table and sang the "Happy birthday"-song, while taking a photo of us two as a memory of the evening.

Fantastic food, fantastic service and a fantastic evening.

Yes, it cost more than most restaurants, but it's worth every cent of it.

Favorite Dish: We started with a fantastic Caesar sallad, continued with a great steak (shared one thankfully, there was no chance I would have fixed on whole on my own) and then finished it with a huge chocolate cake with warm sauce in the middle.

To this we followed the waiter's advice and took a classic italian wine. Perfection.

The starter. My baby and her meat. Celebrating my baby's birthday. Time for dessert. And a nice view when we got out from the resto.
    • Luxury Travel
    • Wine Tasting

• Applelyn's Profile Photo

Mortons at Oriental Hotel: Best Beef

by Applelyn Written Dec 18, 2006

Each guest is treated special and you have your personal waiter/waitress. The warm lighting and cosy chairs makes you feel as if you are at home by the fireplace. Your uncooked meal will be introduced to you before it is being cooked. They would even bothered to answer all your questions even when you had finished the meal. I tried it just to see if it is worth paying them the service charge.:P (I tried to take some pic with my PDA, but u know, PDA being PDA, the effects can never be as good as a real camera)

Favorite Dish: I love the beef there. It is just so tender but it is HUGE. Don't worry, you can share the portion. (I was a little slow in asking and thus have to finish the whole chunk by myself:(, but I managed:)). I like the mashed potatoes and you know it is made from fresh potatoes, not the powdered ones.

Instant Answers: Singapore