Saigon City Vietnamese Restaurant, Singapore

Killiney Road

• moomoos's Profile Photo

Saigon City Vietnamese Restaurant: One of the Best Vietnamese Food in Town

by moomoos Written Mar 10, 2003

This quaint little place serves freshly cooked Vietnamese cuisine. The interior is nicely decorated with pictures of the dishes framed on the walls. You can choose to eat inside the air-conditioned area, or outside at the walkway (for smokers because it's no smoking inside).

When I was there, there owners happened to be there. We had personal recommendations from him and he was a pleasant chap. I suspect he's the Vietnamese who married a Singaporean lady.

Do not confuse this Vietnamese restaurant with another Vietnamese fastfood outlet a few shoplots away. Remember the name of this place!

Favorite Dish: They have so many authentic dishes, I can't begin to recommend any. All which I ordered were absolutely fantastic!!!

They have alot of dishes which are not on the menu. Do ask the waiter to recommend some dishes for you.

The lotus stem salad (S$4.90) was not on the menu, but it was yummielicious!!! Do try the grilled fish with rice (S$6.90). Also delicious is their stewed pork with eggs in a claypot (S$7.00). Their non-fried spring roll (S$6.90) makes a great side dish.

I'm sure the rest of the dishes which I didn't managed to try would be delicious as well!

• Singles