Satay Club, Singapore

by kandl1
  • arianne_1504's Profile Photo

King Satay Club: Stay away from the Satay

by arianne_1504 Written Nov 24, 2008

We ate here on recommendation of friends. I wasn't impressed. The meals took a long time to come out, one of our party's meal came out about 15 minutes after all the others. Most of my satay sticks were burnt. Open daily 6pm -2am weekdays, 6pm - 4/5am weekends.

Personally, there was a lot more appetising looking restaurants around the Quays.

Favorite Dish: Nothing I ate.

• merlyon's Profile Photo

Satay Club: all kind of food,one stop to fill that belly

by merlyon Written Jan 28, 2008

Its like eating under the stars...open air,sit any were you want.
    just go to the stall or they will come to you and order your food...

Anything from seafood,Halal and Indian..

Favorite Dish: must try-chicken Rice,satay,parata with curry

• kandl1's Profile Photo

Satay Club: It's back.

by kandl1 Written Jan 29, 2004

Satay Club

Yes! The satay club is back. During my preparation for this trip I was told over and over again how sad it was that the club was gone. Then right before we left, I heard that it was back, in Clarke Quay...must be a sign, I thought. Well, we found ourselves walking around the quay, after our river ride (had to see the merlion, of course), and there it was. A bunch of picnic tables, and a line of stalls. We grabbed a table...actually, we were told to take a table, after standing around in everyone's way for 10 minutes. We drank lime juice and ordered some fried rice and 15 satay sticks. I thought that sounded like a lot, but the waitress assured us that we were doing fine. We got chicken, beef, and mutton (lamb).

Favorite Dish: Great satay. Sweet and tender. Smaller than I'm used to in the US, but better than any I've had. The fried rice was outstanding. Pieces of shrimp and jalapeno (or something similar) peppers made it extremely spicy. Lime juice works great to cool the mouth.

Instant Answers: Singapore