The Pump Room, Singapore

4.5 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

• Microbrew from the Pump room in Singapore.
    Microbrew from the Pump room in...
    by cachaseiro
    The pump room by Clark Quay.
    by cachaseiro
  • Our dessert - Pavlova with mixed fruits
    Our dessert - Pavlova with mixed fruits...
    by libero48

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

The Pump room.: Very nice bistro with own microbrewery.

by cachaseiro Written Mar 22, 2012

The Pump room at Clark Quay is a really nice bistro with both indoor and outdoor seating.
    What made me go there was that they brew their own beer in their little micro brewery and i was not dissapointed with what i got.
    I had their regular pilsner and it was really nice and a very good alternative to your usual Tiger or Heineken and it was not more expensive than what i usually pay for a beer in Singapore.
    The place is rather upscale and your typical businaess man kinda place during the daytime and a lively venue in the evening with loud music and a lively crowd.
    For me the beer is what makes me come here and i will return again for some more of their tasty microbrew.

Favorite Dish: They have some of the best beer in Singapore.

Microbrew from the Pump room in Singapore. The pump room by Clark Quay.
    • Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• libero48's Profile Photo

The PUMP ROOM Microbrewery + Bistro: Great Food, Beer and Band all at one place

by libero48 Written Jun 12, 2007

A cozy brewery cum bistro in the heart of Clarke Quay, great for a dinner for 2 or for a gathering of friends..

One can look forward to a top selection of bottled beers and a range of freshly brewed classic and speciality beers. Prices are more affordable the earlier you head down: $3.50 a pint from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., $6.50 till 6 p.m., $9 till 10 p.m. and $11 thereafter.

What more to go with great beer is the great food. In my opinion, slightly fusion, with flavours and styles of east meets west cuisine, all dishes carefully thought of and cooked to perfection. You have you meats, seafood and vegetarian dishes so definitely something available for everyone.

After dinner is time for more beer and at 1030pm, the resident Live Band, Jive Talkin', jams Top 40 and retro hits. The band is superb. The chemistry between its members and the uniqueness and style of each member defines Jive Talkin'. I had a great time, swaying and singing to hits they were playing and I was impressed by how current this band is. Definitely a must to watch the band perform and it'll be a waste if one just scooted away after dinner.

Favorite Dish: Blue swimmer crab cake ($14)

What can I say... The flavour, texture of the crab cakes with the mango sauce simply lovely... Blending all so well that you'll sure to want more. Have it together with any one of your preferred beers and nothing can go wrong.

In fact, I wasn't so keen in ordering it at first but my GF wanted to try it so we ordered it and I am glad we did. :)

500ml of Pump Room Lager Pumpkin soup, Crabcakes and Ribs Our dessert - Pavlova with mixed fruits
    • Music

• Carino's Profile Photo

The Pump Room: The Pump Room

by Carino Written Dec 30, 2006

The Pump Room is one of the new bars at Clarke Quay. Staff is very helpful and friendly.

Favorite Dish: I had Chicken Foccacia which was excellent, but kinda expensive at SGD 16. Beer comes at e.g. SGD 7 for a own brewed India Pale (300ml) or e.g. Moosehead at SGD 11.50. Add 1ss, 10% Service Charge and 5%GST and they round your bill up to the next 5 cents.

Instant Answers: Singapore