Tung Lok Seafood, Singapore

Oysters Plate
  • imstress's Profile Photo

Tung Lok Seafood Gallery: Tung Lok Seafood Gallery

by imstress Updated Apr 4, 2011

Tung Lok Seafood Gallery serves tasty seafood.

Happy eaters are won over by the famous wasabi prawns, seafood platter, fish maw soup and dim sum spread.

LUNCH

PRICES
    A La Carte Dim Sum Lunch Buffet
    $16.80+++ - Adult
    $9.80+++ - Child (Below 10 yrs old)

Sashimi Dim Sum Buffet
    $21.80+++ - Adult
    $12.80+++ - Child (Below 10 yrs old)

DINNER - MENU

PRICES
    A La Carte Dinner Buffet
    $33.80+++ - Adult
    $23.80+++ - Child (Below 10 yrs old)

* Minimum 2 Adults and for Dining Hall only
    * Monday to Saturday / Lunch 11.30am to 2.30pm(Weekend and Public Holiday are not Included)
    * Dinner Buffet DAILY.

Tung Lok Seafood Gallery Tung Lok Seafood Gallery Tung Lok Seafood Gallery Tung Lok Seafood Gallery Tung Lok Seafood Gallery

• Rosey-K's Profile Photo

Tung Lok Seafood: Chinese seafood & dim sum

by Rosey-K Written Nov 24, 2010

A grand oriental decorated interior with excellent service.

Dress code, is 'smart casual'.

Favorite Dish: We have ordered a special set lunch for 5 persons.

The taste of their food were excellent, portions are fairly priced.

Always make an early reservations, as this restaurant is quite busy with customers.

• Business Travel

• imstress's Profile Photo

Tung Lok Signatures: Tung Lok Signatures

by imstress Written Jan 12, 2008

Despite reading rave reviews about the roast pork, I must admit I had my doubts. The thought of paying top restaurant dollar for something that was common fare at the neighborhood hawker center somehow smelled of a major ‘rip-off’. But curiosity killed the cat so I decided to try it anyway. So how was it? Wafer thin & ultra crispy top skin, thick, smooth & fatty middle, mounted on a succulent base of perfectly salted lean pork. I have never tasted roast pork so good. Definitely not your garden variety so all I can say is ‘try it out or live in eternal regret’.

Soon after this appetizer, the rest of the dishes came in a fast and furious fashion. The pan-fried beef fillet, while not earth shattering, was nevertheless top quality restaurant fare. Tender and bursting with flavor, this was a perfect dish for a carnivore like me. Next came the piece of baked cod fillet. The highlight of this dish was the special sauce that coated the fillet. Think of delectable mix of various sweet and savoury sauces cooked till its emanating with ‘wok heat’ and you will get the picture.

Wasabi prawns? Sound as silly durian steak to me. Fortunately, this dish instead drove my taste buds silly with gourmet pleasure. With just a hint of Wasabi blended into a mayonnaise-based coating that wrapped each mildly deep fried shrimp, I found myself thoroughly savoring every bite. After the roast pork, this is definitely my second favorite.

After four heavy meat dishes, I was pretty much satiated. So when the plate of five rather huge pieces deep-fried garlic pork ribs landed came, I thought that I would have trouble finishing this. I was right. While in no way a bad tasting dish, I felt that smaller portions and some sweet and sour dip would have made the dish more balanced. I would only recommend this dish if you have at least four people at your table.

So what the overall verdict? Excellent food but steep prices so unless it is a special occasion, a good ‘Zhi Cha’ definitely gives more bang for the buck.

reviewed by Basil

Favorite Dish: roast pork
    wasabi prawns

• Applelyn's Profile Photo

Tung Lok Seafood Gallery: Seafood Buffet

by Applelyn Updated Jan 19, 2007

I like the raw seafood bar. The oysters are huge and salmon sashimi slices are very fresh. I like the decor and the fresh seafood swimming innocently. The signs on the toilets' door are unique too :) You must try the seafood buffet especially if you are a big eater. It is SGD32+++ per pax for lunch.

Favorite Dish: I like the salmon sashimi. The slice is thick and the fish is fresh. You can see the oil layer on the salmon slices. I also like the red bean pancake as it is very crispy.

The Entrance Oysters Plate