Cold Storage, Singapore

Know about this? Rate It!

Red or green?
    by Strikinsmile
    Cold Storage Supermarket, Singapore
    by RoseAmano
  • Strikinsmile's Profile Photo

Cold Storage: Fruit Fix

by Strikinsmile Written Dec 8, 2011
    Red or green?

I always go to Cold Storage for my fruit fix. It has aisles and aisles of fresh fruits. It's less crowded than the other popular grocery store, Fair Price, which is what I like about Cold Storage. I always head to the fruits section and get my fruits for the week.

There are other fruit stations or kiosks in malls but those are cut or sliced or diced. Since they have been washed and prepared for you, those are even more pricey, like 3 big slices of apple can cost about around a dollar.

What to buy: Fresh fruits

What to pay: It depends on what you're getting. Five pieces of apples can cost about SGD3.00, strawberries at around SGD10.00, bananas at about SGD2.50.

• knerten's Profile Photo

Cold Storage supermarket at Changi airport: Bring home some Singapore food

by knerten Updated Aug 28, 2004

If you're transiting in Singapore, and you have a few hours to spare, if you already hold your boarding pass, and if you don't need a visa to enter Singapore, here's a tip for buying and bringing home some local food:

Go through customs (you may have to come up with an excuse of wanting to visit someone who's waiting for you outside, they usually buy that), and enter the arrival hall. Turn left, and walk to the far end of the building, down the escalator and you will find a "Cold Storage" supermarket. It's not signed from anywhere (I did not see any signs), so you will have to find it by yourself. It's like any grocery store, with a wide selection of foods and other items.

If you don't want to bring (too much) of your hand luggage with you outside, there is a left luggage counter in the transit hall, tucked away in a corridor behind the duty free stores.

P.S.: I owe this tip to VTers who have answered my question in the forum.

What to buy: I'm sure you'll find your favorite Singapore food here, even if it's just a ready-to-go meal.
    The prices are definitely better than the 7-11 on level 3, let alone the selection. For me, the reason I went here was to get some dried jackfruit.

What to pay: Slightly more than in stores in the city centre.

• RoseAmano's Profile Photo

Cold Storage: Supermarket Chain for your everyday needs

by RoseAmano Updated Jun 14, 2004
    Cold Storage Supermarket, Singapore

I love to visit the (super)markets and convenience stores of every nation I visit, in order to see what the high-selling and the famous brands of daily foods and necessities.

In addition to local stuffs, I found a whole aisle of imported Japanese, Taiwanese and Korean foodstuffs here. I guess it must be very easy for the foreigner to live here and be able to pick-up an occasional taste of foods from his/her homeland.

Instant Answers: Singapore