Know about this? Rate It!
Singapore's Big Walk
What better way to get to know Singaporeans better than to participate in the annual walk organised by Singapore's daily - The New Paper. If you are here in Singapore around the month of May, you might like to walk with thousands of Singaporeans. They will also be more than happy to talk to you as you stroll along. That is if they still have the breath.
As many as 77,000 people participated in the 2000 Big Walk to walk a total distance of 10km.
Equipment: A good pair of running shoes and running gears. Also, water bottle to hydrate yourself in this humid island.
Fancy some walking around our nature parks while in Singapore? See you at Changi Boardwalk.
It's abt 1.2km as you stroll along, you can feast your eyes on the coastal lines of Changi Beach and breathe in the fresh air in the midst of the wide greenery of nature.
This boardwalk consists of four routes:
1) Sunset Walk - this is a great walk as you enjoy the sunset view over Changi Point,
2) Kelong Walk: a stretch of the boardwalk with the traditional kelong stilts built over water.
3)Cliff Walk: this is located just below the hilltop chalets, you will be surrounded by lotsa greens and gresh air. You will be pleased to know that there are viewing decks along this stretch that gives you fantastic view.
4)Sailing Point Walk: near the Changi Sailing Club provides open views of the sea.
There are guided walks at certain days, you may wish to email to the address below to check it out.
Get away from orchard Road & Chinatown & see a more 'nature' side of Singapore!
- Hiking and Walking
Jogging along the harbour
The old harbour in singapore has a footpath almost made for an ideal location for a morning jog. It also has some unique & stylish statues.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Singapore Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Kingshouse Hotels
- Lappi Hotels
- Franz Josef Glacier Hotels
- Veliki Ostros Hotels
- New Haven
- Riyadh Sports & Outdoors
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil Sports & Outdoors
- Trinidad and Tobago Sports & Outdoors
- Pulau Tioman Sports & Outdoors
- Negombo Sports & Outdoors
- Morocco Sports & Outdoors
- Hurghada Sports & Outdoors
- Jiddah Sports & Outdoors
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Sports & Outdoors
- Extreme Sports
- Baku Sports & Outdoors
- Rodos (City) Sports & Outdoors