Cable Cars, Singapore

4 out of 5 stars 16 Reviews

• fachd's Profile Photo

Sentosa Island via cable car

by fachd Written Jan 10, 2013

We chose to go to Sentosa Island via cable car and glad we did, the cable car ride was fun as you can see spectacular view part of Singapore from above. The cable car runs from the top of Mount Faber Station, through the top of the World Trade Centre Station (Harbor Front) and then onto Sentosa Station. We caught the cable car from World Trade Centre Station (Harbor Front) and got off at Sentosa Station to see the island. After Sentosa to Mount Faber Station where they give you a tacky gift and kids drink. At Mount Faber Station you can sit and enjoy your kids drink while enjoying the panoramic view. I cant remember exactly but I think the round trip cost $29SD for adult including entry to Sentosa and Maritime Museum, so I guess the cost wasn't too bad.

MTR: North-East Line (Harbour Front, NE1).

• Music

• das123my's Profile Photo

SENTOSA ISLAND-Cable Car ride.

by das123my Written Oct 30, 2011

Cable Car leaving Harbour Front.

Sentosa island has been developed as a great tourist attraction by the Singapore goverment.This small island
    has many kind of attractions. Due to limited time i could only visit some of them.

Taking a cable car ride from Harbour Front to the island is a wonderful experience.

• Singles

• Amar_kirale's Profile Photo

Fabulous Cable Car Ride to Sentosa Island

by Amar_kirale Written Apr 19, 2010

Sun Princess Cruise liner view from Cable Car, SG

It was a different experience altogether. I suggest everyone going to Sentosa should take a cable car ride. The arial view is just too much. You can see universal studios. The Cable car passes over the express way which looks like a shining snake. On your south-east you could see the Singapore’s famous dock/cargo terminal with containers waiting to travel across the globe. The Keppel Bay and monorail from Sentosa Island to the down mainland looks amazing from that height.

We were lucky to see Sun Princess Cruise Liner stationed at the Keppel bay below. As our cable car passed above it we could see people swimming in the pool and sun bathing. Everyone looked so tiny from that height. First time in my life I got this opportunity of seeing a cruise liner from the top. I thought people travelling in helicopters may be getting similar view. It’s the best height to watch the landscapes. You are neither too high (the way you are when you are flying in an airplane) nor too low.

Check out my other 4 photos for the view that I had……

• Trains

• Henrik_rrb's Profile Photo

So romantic dinner up in the air

by Henrik_rrb Updated Jun 7, 2009

The dinner cable car.

One of the best surprises in my life was when my dear Herny brought me for a birthday celebration in the Singapore cable car.
    The cable cars themselves are really cool, with an amazing view down over Sentosa Island and the water below. Sitting inside the cars you're up to 93 meters above sea level at the highest point, while most of the time it's "just" 80-85 meters.

The ride itself takes about 15 minutes one way, and is really cool. But what made it really special was the surprise she arranged for me, which was a dinner up in one of the cable cars - just the two of us. me to.
    It can't get much more romantic than that!

And above all it's really fun too! :) The cars are going at a pace of 4 meters/second, so the waiters for sure don't have much time to put in the table, candles, wine glasses and food - plus the two of us, in the car before it's goes off again.

Inside the cabin we then had 30 minutes to finish our starters (soup and sallad), before it was time for the big meal, spiced up with some really nice red wine.

And to top it we half an hour later also got a dessert, plus an extra birthday cake (and a song) that the waiters had fixed for me! (I must have gained 5-6 kg on that ride, a miracle the cable still held...).

The cable car ride itself is really nice, although it's the dinner with my baby that made it really special.

In total the ride is 1650 meters, one way, and the cars can can take up to 1400 persons/hour. At the end of 2009 though the organisers are planning to upgrade the cable car, with bigger cabins for eight people (compared to six today) which also will be more modern. The cable will also be raised another 20 meters up the air.

I just really hope that they will keep the dinner option, as that was a really special one for me!

One way-ride, without dinner costs 17.90 SGD (about 8,5 euro). If you want to go down again from where you start it's another dollar.
    You can start either up at the Imbiah lookout, or down at the Sentosa Island center.

No reason to book a normal trip, but you'll have to pre-book the dinner of course.

• Luxury Travel

• robertgaz's Profile Photo

Cable car to Sentosa Island

by robertgaz Updated Sep 29, 2008

Looking towards Sentosa

Of all the times that I have been to Singapore this is my first ride on the cable car here.

I was going to take the cable car to Sentosa Island on my last trip in 2005 but it was closed due to maintenance.

This time around I finally got another chance so I took the opportunity to go over to Sentosa by cable car.

Plus the kids wanted to try a couple of new rides that weren't there 3 years ago.

We took a glass bottom cable car in the hope of getting a better view but it was hardly worth it because the glass panels were tiny.

We jumped on at Mt Faber on the way over and jumped off at Harbour Front on the way back because we were going to meet imstress at VivoCity for lunch.

Normal Cabin
    Two-way: S$13.90 / Adult; S$8.50 / Child (3-12 years old)
    One-way: S$12.90 / Adult; S$7.50 / Child (3-12 years old)

Glass Cabin (2-way)
    Two-way: S$20.00 / Adult; S$13.00 / Child (3-12 years old)

(Prices include island admission)

Operating hours
    8.30am - 11pm daily

• Adventure Travel

• pres_16's Profile Photo

Discover Your Sentosa

by pres_16 Updated Jan 13, 2008
    Siloso Beach

I went to this island not because I'm a fan of fun rides. But there is one ride that excites me here, the high ride cable car to the island.

From Chinatown, we took the one-stop train to HarbourFront where the cable cars are stationed. At the station, we chose the car that stops by Mt. Faber Park before heading straight to Sentosa.

At the Island, we saw many people, both young and old, queuing for the fun rides. But for me, I opted for the free tram ride which surprisingly, brought us to the tranquil side of the island, the beaches of Sentosa. There are three beaches namely - the Siloso, Palawan and Tanjong beaches. We've been to Siloso and Palawan beaches.

• yoolya's Profile Photo

Awesome day excursion!!!

by yoolya Written Nov 8, 2007

Siloso Beach (the main beach) On Sentosa Island

When in Singapore... visiting Sentosa Island is a MUST!!!!! You can get on the island 4 ways... taxi, walk, bus, or the FUN way.... cable car!!!!!!

You catch a taxi to the top of the mountain, and than buy tickets for the cable car journey!! The views are spectacular!!!!!!

Once you get there, there's tonnes to do!! Go on various rides (including a sky tower where you can see views of the entire island, and out to sea). There are some other adventure rides, and a train that goes around the perimeter of the island too.... great for looking all around the place!!

There are also free shuttle buses that run along the beaches, and back and forth from the main entrance.

There are some STUNNING beaches there!!!! And even a few luxary hotels if you prefer to stay in a beach type resort!

View From Cable Car

Sentosa Island

Riding the cable car is such an exciting experience. At first, I was quite hesitant coz of the height. But after a while I found it enjoyable. From above, you can see the beautiful sights of Singapore. It's especially beautiful during nighttime where lights dotted the skyline. It's best to pay for the whole package which costs around SD40-50 which includes cable car, various Sentosa attractions, plus a bonus of Jewel Box Snow Attraction and Chinese Heritage Museum. Remember to keep all the tickets coz you might use them later.

Keppel Bldg.

Keppel Bldg.

This is where you will take your cable car ride to Sentosa Island. It's an attractive blue glass building. There's a beautiful fountain outside. Keppel is one of Singapore's largest multinational groups. It's business includes banking and real estate.

• Applelyn's Profile Photo

Beach Combing

by Applelyn Written Apr 27, 2006

The Jumble

There are many things you can do on this beach: Playing Beach Balls, dancing(Especially the weekends), sunbathing and BBQs. What I like most is to wake up early in the morning to do a beach combing. I found many hermit crabs and shells :) I was as happy as a lark. It was fun. I even see a monitor lizard wandering in the carpark near the beach. You just have to respect its habitat and freedom and it will leave you alone. Cable car ride (SGD10.90 / Adult & SGD5.50 / Child for a return trip) and the Sentosa bus from Habourfront Bus Station (SGD 1: It does not include the admission fees of SGD2 per person). You can drive into the island(SGD2 for the car and SGD2 for each person in the car).

• kirsty_lamb's Profile Photo

Cable Cars

by kirsty_lamb Written Apr 8, 2006

Take the cable car to and from sentosa island and get great views across Singapore harbour and the city. The cable cars go from Mount Faber, stop off at the world trade centre, through which they pass (see pic) and then onto Sentosea island. If you wish to see Mount Faber (and it's quite nice) get the taxi here to cross to sentosa. On your return from sentosa, get off the cable car at the World Trade Centre as it is MUCH easier to get a tazi here from the next door shopping centre than up on Mount Faber.

• Study Abroad

• snuggie's Profile Photo

Cable Car

by snuggie Written Feb 17, 2006

Sentosa was once a fishing village known as Pulau Blakang Mati but today it is perhaps one of the most well known tourist spot in Singapore.Sentosa offers a variety of experiences for all ages and is a must-visit destination for tourists and also a popular recreational for the locals.

You can enjoy a stay at Sentosa in one of the hotels.Sentosa is easily accessible by cable car, bus, taxi and cars.The island is open for 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Harbour Front Centre

Harbour Front Centre

Our group went here for our cable car ride to Sentosa. This is where the HarbourFront MRT Station is.

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Cable Cars to Sentosa

by aussirose Written Jul 8, 2006

Looking down from Cable Cars Singapore

We went the whole hog and got a cable car with a glass bottom and sides. The view was spectacular!!

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Cable Cars from Mt Fabor

by aussirose Updated Jul 8, 2006

Singapore Cable Car

Next day we decided to go to Santosa. Our nice Hotel Door person got a taxi who took us up to Mt Fabor to catch the cable cars down to Santosa.

Instant Answers: Singapore

Comments

Hotels Near Cable Cars
3.0 out of 5 stars