Dolphin Lagoon, Singapore

Me and the dolphin.
    by Henrik_rrb
    Me and the crowd teaser.
    Playing with the balls.
  • Henrik_rrb's Profile Photo

Swim with the pink dolphins

by Henrik_rrb Written Sep 17, 2009

Dolphin show

I have always loved animals (except for these small ants, roaches and other discusting things... ;) ) and in Singapore I got a chance to do what I've dreamt about for many years - swim with dolphins.

When arriving in Singapore I had never heard about any pink dolphins (just pink elephants, but that's another story...), but I was happily surprised to see them at the Dolphin Show. First visit I just saw the show and was amazed just by that. Got back home and realised you could also pay extra and swim with them ahead of the show!

Said and done, before my next trip I made a booking online and on the morning after I arrived I brought Herny with me (I needed her to hold my hand, so nervous...). Quickly changed into bath shorts, and then say hello to the pink dolphins.

My ass dance was widely appreciated (specially by Herny who was about to die of laughter...) but the real fun begin when we stepped into the water and suddently had the pink dolphins all around us. An amazing feeling.

We got to feed them, swim with them, being dragged by them (the bastard dolphin thought it was really fun to take me two rounds around the pool, very fast) and at last also give them a kiss or a hug (one quick look at Herny and I decided that a hug was my only option...) and then the time was way too quickly up and out.

Well worth the money though, think I paid around 75 euro for the whole show, including a visit to the show (and also to the Underwater world I think). Just remember to book from home, as each group consist of just five persons, and there are just two groups each day.

• Zoo

• nezz's Profile Photo

SWIM WITH THE DOLPHINS AT SENTOSA

by nezz Written Jul 25, 2009

Amy's first touch of a dolphin

Sentosa is a great place to spend time with your child. My 12 yr old swam with the dolphins something she had saved up for herself. It was the highlight of her trip to Singapore. There were 9 in my daughters session and they split the adults & children into two groups. My daughter was with 3 younger children a group of 4 was perfect maximum time each with the dolphins. You are given life jackets & booties told the rules and some dolphin facts. These are rare pink dolphins so it made it even more special. For the $150 (Sing ) cost you get the swim , a tshirt, a painting and one photo included plus you can purchase other photos and take some of your own from the shore. She also got admission to the underwater world exhibit & I got a reduced entry for $18.50.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

by Jim_Eliason Updated Jan 11, 2009

Dolphin Lagoon

This attraction is associated with Underwater world and is included in the Underwaterworld ticket price. The show is Ok, but the seating which are plastic chairs on the beach makes the show hard to see. The show is not very spectacular to begin with.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Swim with the pink Dolphins

by mvtouring Written Dec 7, 2008

They are just to fantastic. This was my first glimse of a pink dolphin. Aparantly they get the pinky colour due to something that is in the water that they feed on.
    At the Dolphin Lagoon in Sentosa, visitors will get to witness the rare pink Indo-Pacific Humpback Dolphins perform their natural behaviors such as spyhop, tail -flapping, vocalizations, etc. Lucky visitors might even score a peck on the cheek, or a chance to wade next to these wonderful and highly intelligent marine mammals, fully supervised by the trainers, of course.

• a60's Profile Photo

Touching Pink Dolphins

by a60 Written May 5, 2008

Did this 2 years ago and it was a fantastic experience - short but a great memory. After the show they announce that you can have your photo taken. $20 for 3 photos. You walk into the water, knee deep, bend down and touch the dolphin. It was amazing to be able to touch one of these fascinating creatures. It takes about 1/2 hr for the photos to be developed. We had an icecream and sat in the shade while waiting. I definitely recommend doing it.

• School Holidays

• 05nov05's Profile Photo

Theme Park for Everyone

by 05nov05 Written Apr 11, 2008

No wonder Sentosa Island won the theme park award in 2007. One day is not enough to tour Sentosa around. Ours for 1 day, we were just able to visit the Underwater, Dolphin and Merlion. You'll be very very busy taking pictures of almost everything because everything is great and fun

• Applelyn's Profile Photo

Pink Dolphins

by Applelyn Written Jan 26, 2007

Pink Dolphins are beautiful and they have given birth before in Sentosa. It signalled that the environment they are staying in is conducive. You can get to touch them and get a kiss(If they are in a good mood) There are a few shows but 5:30pm show is my "cooler" choice. The entrance is $5 but you can packaged it with the underwater world entrance fee and get a cheaper rate.

• imstress's Profile Photo

Sentosa - Dolphin Lagoon

by imstress Updated Oct 15, 2006

pink dolphine lagoon

Your Underwater World ticket price includes a visit to the Dolphin Lagoon. You will get to see the highly intelligent pink Indo-Pacific Humpback Dolphins in their natural environment.

See them do the hula-hoop, touching the hanging balls and dancing on the water surface.

You may observe them through a series of interactive, feeding and training sessions specially designed to demonstrate their natural abilities of tail-walking synchronisation.

Lucky visitors might even get a kiss or a chance to wade next to them, fully supervised by the trainers.

"Meet the Dolphin" sessions take place at 11am, 1.30pm, 3.30pm & 5.30pm daily.

Price S$19.50 Adult Child S$12.50. Opens frm 10.30am to 6pm daily.

• snuggie's Profile Photo

by snuggie Written Feb 17, 2006

The Dolphin Lagoon houses the Indo-Pacific Humpbacked Dolphins, commonly known as pink dolphins for its coat of pink in contrast to the usual gray appearance of dolphins. The Dolphin Lagoon simulate a natural environment similar to their original habitat.

Try to get to the place 30 mintues or earlier in order to get a good view of the performance.

"Meet the Dolphin" Sessions
    11.00 am, 1.30 pm, 3.30 pm, and 5.30 pm daily

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

GREAT !!!! well worth the trip here

by jlanza29 Updated Jul 11, 2005

Ok.......since I really didn't know much about Sentosa Island I was really surprised to see the amount of stuff there is to do here.......I was really disappointed in the Underwaterworld and the Dolphin show......the pink dolphins were cool to see in person but the show was a barely 15 minutes long and in all honestly they didn't do anything special, besides swim around !!! I guess what I was more intrested in was the Shangri-La Hotel and the golf course around the Island....both are very exclusive and would be worth staying at; next time I come to Singapore !!!!! The little beaches around the island were desserted !!!!! well, it was a week day when we went I could just imagine how full they become on a weekeend !!!!! The only bad thing about my trip here was the cable cars are under repair !!!! and we had to take a taxi across the bridge in order to get into the island !!!! but I will come back and spend a day or two is total peace and quiet !!!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT !!!!

• Business Travel

• littlegirl0130's Profile Photo

Oh its a FUN Park

by littlegirl0130 Written Mar 13, 2005

The theme-park island is a popular weekend spot and one of the most visited attractions in Singapore. A day’s excursion could turn into an overnight stay in any one of the hotels or camping sites. But we just went on a half day trip. The island is enveloped by a high-speed monorail and linked to downtown Singapore by a 1,640ft (500m) causeway and cable car system. Entertainment ranges from soaking up the sun on the imported-sand beaches to visiting a variety of entertainment areas. From a moving walkway one can experience the sea life of The Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon. The Images of Singapore Exhibition explores Singapore’s history in life-size dioramas. On the furthest western point of the island lies Fort Siloso from which Singapore guarded its territory against invading Japanese forces. Other attractions include Volcano Land, the Asian Village and the water rides of Fantasy Island.

• Arjaree's Profile Photo

The Dolphin Lagoon

by Arjaree Updated Nov 14, 2004

This dolphin show, to me, is somehow boring. Its cute and all but probably nothing is different from a dolphin show you've seen from elsewhere. Anyway, you might as well check it out cos it comes with the Underwater World package.

I'd recommend it to those traveling with family /with kids. Kids luv dolphins...so as some adults.

To get to the Dolphin Lagoon, you take a red line bus from Underwater World's bus stop.

Show times: 11am, 1.30pm, 3.30pm, 5.30pm

• cmcarney's Profile Photo

Underwater world and dolphin lagoon

by cmcarney Updated Jul 31, 2004

Ok, I did it I went to the "tourist trap" of Underwater world. it was not worth the S$17 something as I expected. It was about the quality of a decent zoo aquarium. I went through the tunnel 3x (it was raining out all morning). Getting pictures in the tunnel is not easy due to the lighting. My 3rd time through I put away my camera and just enjoyed the sharks swimming over my head.
    The dolphin lagoon was very good I thought. The show was very educational (I beleive anything they make animals do to entertian should also educate). I even paid the extra S$5 to get my picture taken with the dolphin (it was my birthday so why not). The picture thay take is of good quality and one of my favorite keepsake. PS Go in early to get a good seat and see the otters in between shows (so cute).

• Majestic Pink Dolphins

by Tiger_Lily Updated May 13, 2004

When I went to Sentosa fort he first time, I dragged my dad along to see the dolphin show (as i have never seen a dolphin up close)

We were running late and hopped onto a mini bus which zoomed us there just in time and watched the show. It was brilliant. They are beautiful creatures and so unusual with their pink skin. I had the opportunity to touch them but chickened out, as I am a bit scared of water (horrible swimming experience).

If anyone isn't too sure about going to see the show it is well worth the money, just get in line quick if you want to get your picture taken with them (there is no extra charge)

Also when you purchase a ticket for the show, you will get a free ticket for Underwater World

• Shino~'s Profile Photo

by Shino~ Written Dec 17, 2003

Hoola hoop dance

It's a nice show to watch, if you like animals. The dolphin are smart and friendly. They like humans.

During the show, dolphin trainer will tell you a little bit information about dolphin and show you what a dolphin can do.

• Camping