Jurong Bird Park, Singapore

4.5 out of 5 stars 51 Reviews

Window on Paradise enclosure
    Conure in the Jungle Jewels enclosure
  • A lory rehearses for Oliver Twist in the Lory Loft
    A lory rehearses for Oliver Twist in the...
  • Penelope4's Profile Photo

Enjoy the nature & the sights and sounds of birds.

by Penelope4 Written Jun 28, 2008

A bird park is a bird park, you say. Well, actually no. You will see a waterfall in the park, you will ride on a monorail and before you know it - you'll feel like you're in the middle of the jungle. The parrots are well trained. There's even a picnic ground. Quite nice...

• Stentorian's Profile Photo

Bird's Paradise

by Stentorian Updated May 3, 2011

Jurong Bird park is the place where you can see the most beautiful birds in the world. They fly, they talk even they sing in different languages. I don't want to say much about it, but trust me, you will regret if you are there in Singapore but you don't visit Jurong Bird Park.

Getting there:
    Alight at Boon Lay MRT station, Take bus 194 or 251 from Boon Lay Interchange and alight at the first bus stop at Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim. Estimated time 60 mins.

Admission Fee:
    Adult: S$18, Child S$9

Buy Parkhopper card that includes entrance into Singapore Zoo, Night safari and Jurong Bird Park. It will save S$13 per person.
    Costs Adult:S$45 Child:S$28

They Arrange different shows with birds:
    Show Times:
    check out pictures

Park Entrance My Nephew at Jurong Red Flamingo Star of the show.. Bird's show timings.
    • Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Safari

• SLLiew's Profile Photo

Jurong Bird Park is another must for nature lovers

by SLLiew Updated Oct 3, 2006

Despite the bird flu scare, this is a wonderful bird park to visit that is unparalleled in Asia. There are giant dome aviaries complete with waterfalls to walk into to see the birds in their natural environment. Over 9,000 birds and 600 species.

My favorites are the birds of paradise, the large collection of hornbille and raptors as well feeding sugar water to countless colorful Australian parrots and parakeets.

There is a monorail that stop. Part of the walk a slight gradient but going around slowly, you will have a wonderful time with or without the children, enjoying a spectacular range of bird species from all over the world.

Stamp depicting Jurong Bird Park

• PandawitchElphie's Profile Photo

Feathered Friends

by PandawitchElphie Written Jul 26, 2011

Wether you have kids in tow or not, so long as you have a day to spare on your trip to Singapore, this is a must see.

At first, I didn't want to go to a bird park... I didn't want to see birds caged up and all. It took me 5 trips to Singapore before I finally agreed to check it out. BOY, was I wrong. The entire park is a dome! You rarely see cages (only the birds of prey ones are caged...else they'll eat the tinier birds).

I was in a photographers paradise. And I'm just an amateur one! (see my pictures to see why I love my 'models' for the day).

My favorite part here is the Lory bird sanctuary. For a dollar, you can feed these birds. They'll hop onto your hand or arm and feed from the plastic cup given to you. I had one bird in particular that took a fancy to me and stayed ON me the entire 30minutes I was in the Lory place. I believe he wanted my hair accessories. :) Literally, I had tourists all over laughing and smiling at me as I tried to shake my surprise passenger loose.

I was also fortunate at the time to witness the flamingoes being set loose... it was a once in a lifetime thing they did during the Chinese New Year. They had never done it before so I got to be with the flamingoes during their Flamingo parade.

You can spend half a day or the entire day here. Is it worth it? Yes. :)

**if you'll wait for a taxi, might as well call one over (see the numbers at the taxi line). Rarely do taxis go there so you might end up with a bit of a wait. Pay the extra flag down /call fee. It's worth it. :)

SMILE! Looking at you, Looking at me My feathered backpacker Flamingo's on Parade! Botox needed...

• a60's Profile Photo

Birds everywhere

by a60 Written Feb 23, 2007

Jurong Bird Park is a lovely way to spend a few hours. A monorail operates which gives you an overview of the park. From the beautiful bird displays to the lovely landscaping, even if you are not a bird fanatic you will enjoy yourself.

Main entrance Beautiful macaws

• hassan_abu's Profile Photo

Jurong Bird Park

by hassan_abu Updated Jun 4, 2003

Jurong BirdPark is a 20.2 hectare open-concept park. It is the largest in the Asia Pacific and one of the finest bird parks in the world. Its collection of more than 8,000 birds from 600 species is among the largest in the world. The Park specialises in birds from Southeast Asia and the more exotic and colourful tropical birds.

• Eco-Tourism

• matjung's Profile Photo

Jurong Bird Park and Waterfall

by matjung Written Jun 23, 2007

If you opt to visit Singapore with friends and family then you may want to go to the Jurong Birdpark, Zoo and Night Safari. There is a combined ticket available which gives you admission to all free parks. The ticket without trams inside the parks is about 40 SGD.
    The Zoo and Night Safari are next to each other.

Checkout the website before you go there.
    The Birds & Buddies show at 3pm was nice to watch.
    If you love to take pics of birds then don't miss the Bee-Eater & Starling feeding at 2:30pm.

The closest MRT station is probably Boon Lay Station.
    From there I took a cab, didn't want to wait for the next bus.

Concert at the Bird Park Birds at the Bird Park Highes human amde waterfall at Waterfall Aviary
    • Photography

• limledi's Profile Photo

Jurong BirdPark

by limledi Updated Jan 29, 2007

Visit the largest bird park in Southeast Asia. Not-to-be-missed attractions include the Waterfall Aviary, the world's highest man-made waterfall at 30 metres, the Penguin Parade where penguins live and play in an environment similar to that of the South Pole, the Southeast Asian Bird Aviary where a thunderstorm is simulated everyday at noon, and the highly entertaining All Star Bird Show. Don't forget to check out Lory Loft or for a more interactive visit, the "Be A Falconer" programme. Take flight only after having had refreshments at The Lodge on Flamingo Lake.
    Opening times: 9am-6pm daily
    Admission: SGD 14.00 Adult, SGD 7.00 Child

Jurong BirdPark Jurong BirdPark Jurong BirdPark Jurong BirdPark Jurong BirdPark
    • Hiking and Walking

• Ausviet's Profile Photo

Getting to Jurong Bird Park from Chinatown

by Ausviet Written May 6, 2006

1. From Chinatown MRT Station, take the train to Harbour Front
    2. Alight at the next station - that is Outram Park.
    3. Take the train to Boon Lay and alight at Boon Lay - the last station.
    4.Take SBS bus 194 or 251 to Jurong Bird Park.

• Theme Park Trips

• SallyM's Profile Photo

Up close and personal with the parrots

by SallyM Updated Aug 22, 2014

Jurong Bird park is the largest in Asia. As we are parrot-lovers, was one of the reasons we chose Singapore for our stopover.

Entry to the Bird Park only was $25 each, or $30 including a tram ride. With Singapore Airlines boarding passes we got entry for both of us with tram ride for $51. I wouldn't have bothered with the tram ride if it hadn't been for this offer. The distances in the park are easily walkable - though the tram is probably good for children, as the heat can be tiring.

At the entrance is an opportunity to be photographed with parrots, but we didn’t bother with this as you need to pay extra and we have quite a lot of photos of ourselves with parrots already. Passing Macaw Island and Flamingo Pool, decided to make for one of the walk-through aviaries as these are much bigger and better than any we had been to before. The walk took us past Songbird Terrace, where you can have ‘lunch with the parrots’ but our experience in the Orinoco Delta had convinced me that mealtimes and parrots are not a good combination.

The Waterfall Aviary is a multilevel walk through enclosure with guinea fowl, spreo starlings, crowned pigeons and all sorts of other birds which were incredibly frustrating to try to photograph. Next, we visited the Jungle Jewels enclosure, where the conures were slightly more obliging about staying still. The highlight was the Lory Loft, another multilevel enclosure where you can buy a pot of food for $3 and the lories eat out of your hand.

In the afternoon we watched a free flying parrot show. This was excellent and educational. The performers included hornbills and toucans as well as parrots and cockatoos. The ‘tricks’ the birds performed were aimed at demonstrating natural behaviours, rather than simply entertaining an audience.

After the show we took our tram ride back up to visit the toucan and hornbill aviaries. They have had a successful hornbill breeding programme and have released some into the wild, including in the park area. We saw a couple of wild hornbills visiting a friend in the aviary. Also walked through bird of paradise enclosure – another walk through aviary.

Our visit finished with the 'World of Darkness' owl exhibit - the only part of the bird park that didn’t work too well.

On our way out we stopped at the Hawk Café for a drink. Although we didn’t eat here the food options looked good. Generally the catering outlets in the park were better than those I have seen in zoos and bird parks in the UK.

We spent the best part of a day here - there is a lot to see and do.

Conure in the Jungle Jewels enclosure A lory rehearses for Oliver Twist in the Lory Loft High Flyers Show at the Pools Amphitheatre Window on Paradise enclosure Spreo Starling in the Waterfall Aviary
    • School Holidays

• TigerLil's Profile Photo

Bird Paradise

by TigerLil Written Aug 3, 2006

We went to the Jurong Bird Park last year, I must confess that birds don't really interest me but this place is something else.

Its very big and has a wide range of different species.

I think my fav would have to be the Flamingos, so bright and pink, they looked really pretty on the lake.

The Osteriches are pretty cool, got a pretty cool shot of one staring straight at my camera.

The park also boasts the highed man made waterfall, stretching up to 30 metres high set in the Waterfall Aviary with free flying birds.

Flamingo Lake Waterfall Aviary

• JuraidahJ's Profile Photo

Highest Man-Made Waterfall

by JuraidahJ Updated Jun 17, 2005

Birds.. birds.. and more birds!!! You will be fasinated by the collection of worldwide Birds we have!!

The bird show is very interesting, especially the eagles - Birds of Prey @ 10am & 4pm. I like this show best.

Here you will be able to find teh highest man-
    made waterfall.

Another touristy place one should not miss.

All kinds of Birds
    • Disabilities

• jessgotdestiny's Profile Photo

A day of color at Jurong Bird Park

by jessgotdestiny Updated Jan 20, 2012

A Singapore experience wouldn’t be complete without a day at the Jurong Bird Park. There, we saw all kinds of birds one couldn’t ever imagine. We first took a monorail ride around the park before we explored the area on our own. At least, that already gave us an idea on how big the place was.

Birds of prey were inside cages while the ones that thrive in wetlands are kept in the open. Try to catch the birds show at the Pools Amphitheatre and the pelicans’ feeding time.

Don’t miss:
    To feed the lories at the Lory Loft. They are my favorites! You don’t have to go after them. They’ll come to you when they see the cup in your hand.

Hey, you should know that:
    You’ll remember Happy Feet when you see the Penguins.

• Travel with Pets

• yellowbell's Profile Photo

Jurong Bird Park

by yellowbell Written May 5, 2009

I had a lot of fun in Jurong Bird Park's Bird's and Buddies Show at 11 am everyday. It gives you a snap shot of all the birds (falcon, macau, parrots, hornbills etc) in this world-class aviary. You can see birds flying through hoops, playing table basketball and singing "Happy Birthday." It's a fun treat for kids and adults like you and me. You can also feed the birds in the walk-in aviary.

Don't miss the photo-opportunity with the birds at the end of the 45-minute show.

Purchase the Hopper Pass $40 and you can visit Jurong Bird Park, Night Safari and the Zoo at discounted rates than if you purchased entrance to these parks separately.

• Theme Park Trips

• Carino's Profile Photo

Jurong BirdPark

by Carino Written Sep 15, 2007

The Jurong BirdPark is definitely not a sight, that you can cover in an hour or two. Plan enough time to enjoy all the shows, including being there on time to get a good seat in the shadow! Also take your time to walk around the whole Park. It is really nice, also if you are not that much into birds. Great place for kids, too.

If you are flying in with SQ, make sure you keep and bring your boarding pass. You get a discount!

Instant Answers: Singapore

Comments

Hotels Near Jurong Bird Park