Mashid Abdul Gafoor Mosque, Singapore

• Mashid Abdul Gafoor Mosque
    by pres_16
    Masjid Penempatan Melayu Sembawang.
    by imran8852
    Simpang Kiri Park Connector.
    by imran8852
  • pres_16's Profile Photo

Masjid Abdul Gafoor

by pres_16 Updated Jan 7, 2008

Walking back to our hostel, I saw this beautiful temple, the gate was open when we passed by, so I was able to take a picture of it. The temple is artistically designed with attractive combination of colors.

• Architecture

• martin_nl's Profile Photo

Mashid Abdul Gafoor Mosque

by martin_nl Written Oct 15, 2006

The Mashid Abdul Gafoor Mosque

Unfortunately I don't know much about this mosque. It looks very nice and I think it should be visited more. I couldn't see any trace of tourists here. I wasn't sure whether I could actually go inside this mosque. I had never been inside a mosque and thought that not muslims weren't allowed in. However we were allowed, but had to take our shoes of. We could walk everywhere except the place of worship. The mosque is bright coloured and just like everything in Singapore extremely clean and well maintained.

• Religious Travel

• imran8852's Profile Photo

A 1970 Old Generation Mosque!

by imran8852 Written Sep 10, 2006

Outer View Of The Mosque.

Masjid Penempatan Melayu Sembawang Is Build In 1970 And Is Surrounded By Lush Greeneries Of Trees. If Im Not Mistaken, This Is The One Of The Oldest Mosque Left In Singapore! It Also Conducts Weekend Madrasah Classes As Well As Religious Classes On Weekdays. After Visiting Masjid Penempatan Melayu Sembawang Mosque, You Can Grab Lunch At The Nearby Bottle Tree Village. And Also Do Some Workout At Simpang Kiri Park Connector! Simpang Kiri Park Connector Is Almost 2.8km And Stretches All The Way To Yishun Avenue 2. Along The Pathway, There's A Wide Canal Leading To The Johor Straits, And You'll Also Find Fitness Stations And Benches To Rest After Having A Workout!

Instant Answers: Singapore

Comments

Hotels Near Mashid Abdul Gafoor Mosque
4.0 out of 5 stars