Riverboat Cruises, Singapore

by cmcarney
  • lukky's Profile Photo

River boat tours

by lukky Written Aug 3, 2005

The "Singapore River Experience", a 30-minute boat tour by Singapore River Cruises, was pretty pointless. Actually, I'm sure the taped commentary was interesting, but the sound quality was horrible so it was impossible to hear what they were saying! You did get to see a lot of different buildings, but without a proper guide it was nothing you couldn't just as well see from land.

I happened to have a free ticket so I didn't really waste any money on this, but I don't think the cruise would be worth the S$12, unless you happen to love boat trips.

Fun Alternatives: Instead of the river tours, maybe a bus tour would be better. I haven't really tried any of them though.

• Cruise

• cmcarney's Profile Photo

Just my oppinion

by cmcarney Updated Jul 31, 2004

but I thought the river boat tour was pretty lame, especially for S$12.60. I could have seen the same thing by walking the sidewalks along the river and probably would have if my feet weren't killing me that day. Maybe if your by yourself its ok, but I wouldn't want to pay for a whole family to take the trip.

Unique Suggestions: The best thing was that I saw a wild monkeye in a tree along the river (if thats what you can call monkeyes that live downtown).

Fun Alternatives: The sites are worth seeing, the performing arts center, the merlion park (have to see that right), skyscrappers, but I would have walked it instead.

Instant Answers: Singapore