Senai Airport, Singapore

Know about this? Rate It!

by robertgaz
    by robertgaz
    Nice way of getting from Singapore to KL
    by aukahkay
  • robertgaz's Profile Photo

Singapore to Senai

by robertgaz Updated Oct 13, 2008

Senai Airport

When I landed at Changi Airport at about 3am I still needed to find my way across the border to Senai Airport near Johor Bahru for our connecting flight to KL.

When I started planning my trip to KL I found that it was far cheaper to fly there from Senai, near Johor Bahru, rather than directly from Singapore.

Normal Singaporean taxis are not allowed to cross into Malaysia or vice versa. But there is a taxi service between the Queen Street bus depot in Singapore that will take you directly to Senai Airport for $S60.

The service is owned by Mr Heng Fook Jin who can be contacted on his mobile +6012-738 9122.imstress was kind enough to call him in advance on my behalf to meet me in Singapore.

I caught a taxi from Changi Airport on arrival to take me to the Queen Street depot where Mr Heng Fook Jin was already waiting for me at 4:00am. From there he took us over the Causeway, through customs and straight to Senai Airport.

For our return trip, I called him just before departing from KL to meet us at Senai Airport and taking us to Singapore again.

• aukahkay's Profile Photo

Senai Airport is very inconvenient - beware

by aukahkay Updated Oct 5, 2006

Nice way of getting from Singapore to KL

Many tourists may be attracted by the low budget fares offered by Air Asia from Johor Bahru's Senai Airport to other parts of Malaysia. Although the fare is cheap, but the process of getting to Senai Airport is a big hassle. A taxi ride from Queen Street bus terminal to Senai Airport costs S$50. If you take the Air Asia Causeway Link Express, you have to take the bus from Kranji MRT station to City Lounge in JB (S$1), then from City Lounge take another bus to Senai Airport (RM 8). From the time you leave your hotel in downtown Singapore till the time you reach Senai Airport, it could be almost 2 hours.
    If you want to travel up to Malaysia, I would recommend taking the luxury coach service, NICE which departs from the Copthorne Orchid Hotel. For around S$50, you will be taken in air-conditioned comfort right into downtown KL in about 4.5 hours. You can also take the Aeroline coach which departs from Maritime Square near the Harbourfront MRT and arrives at the Corus Hotel in KL.

Instant Answers: Singapore