Singapore Airlines, Singapore

Know about this? Rate It!

Onboard Singapore airlines.
    by cachaseiro
  • Nice flight: Early morning near Singapore
    Nice flight: Early morning near...
    by ullfri49
    at changi
    by machomikemd
  • knerten's Profile Photo

Let yourself be pampered

by knerten Updated Jul 22, 2004

That's what I call a full meal

If you go to Singapore, get in the the right mood from the start by flying there with Singapore Airlines. It's worth every cent, and if you do some research on the Internet some time ahead and if you don't get tired of trying endless combinations of outbound and return flights, you are likely to hit a good deal, even in economy class.
    First, there's legroom, lots of it, unless you happen to sit at the seat that has the box for the video on demand in front of it. On my 12h flight from Frankfurt time simply flew by as I watched and endless arry of movies, listen to music of all kinds and played video games. Comfy seats (first time I ever slept on a plane without having my neck twisted).
    For starters, a hot wet towel. Real cloth, not paper tissue.
    Drinks, generously poured, not just one round.
    Dinner: Go for the Asian choice, don't even consider the other option. You will be rewarded.
    More generously poured drinks.
    Throughout the night, chilled water to keep you from dehydrating, and even a mid-flight snack: sandwich.
    Before breakfast, another wet towel.
    Breakfast: a superbly done meal, say no more.
    Arrival at Changi: Very efficient: the baggage was already waiting by the short time (15 mins max) I spent walking through customs to the conveyor belt.
    And no immigration hassles. No lines, a quick machine-read of my passport, a smile and a "Have a great stay in Singapore".
    So all in all, if you want to fly like a person and be treated like one, choose SIA. If you're a cheapskate and want to be herded like cattle, choose anything else.
    OK, for the sake of fairness, there are a few more airlines that do it as good as or maybe better than SIA, but not many.
    If I ever go back to S'pore, and I will, I promise, I'll definitely choose SIA again.

• ChuckG's Profile Photo

Fly Singapore Airline

by ChuckG Updated Aug 8, 2003

Singapore Girl

I had been told how Singapore Airline is fantastic for it's quality of service... well no one exagerated...they're really the best.

JAL, Cathay, Thai are not bad either but of all the European, North American and Asian airline i took, they're the one who has the best service. No big line up. Decent price. First class service even if you're in Economy.

They also have the prettiest flight attendant in the world but i don't want to think about it... I'll start crying on my next flight intra-USA...

• knerten's Profile Photo

It says 20 kgs, but 30 kgs are allowed

by knerten Updated Sep 5, 2004

My economy ticket with Singapore Airlines clearly stated that my baggage allowance was 20kgs. On calling the airline I was told that they would allow 25kgs, which was good, since I had bought a lot of stuff. On check-in my bags turned out to be 29kgs...ouch!...at 80NZ dollars per kg (I had checked that too) this was a small shock. Then...phew!...it turned out that they allowed up to 30kgs...at the discretion of the check-in attendant. So I wouldn't want to count on that, say, if the plane is smack full, but it's worth knowing.

P.S. This was on a flight from Christchurch, NZ to Singapore, August 2004.

• kandl1's Profile Photo

It's as good as they say

by kandl1 Written May 26, 2005

up, up and away!

I was surprised to find that Singapore Air had the cheapest prices for airfare when I needed to book a flight. I had heard so many great things about the airline, so this suprised me, but from San Francisco this was common.
    The flight attendants all looked and acted as if they knew the airlines reputation, walking very confidently and proud. The plane was nice and new, the seats fairly comfortable and I had enough room to stretch out...and this was in coach.
    The biggest differences to me were the food, and the entertainment system. I didn't even think that the food would be different from the ususal airline food, but I was quite pleased. We had Korean short ribs w/steamed veggies and noodles for one meal. I had the Hindu breakfast for the morning meal; it had lentils, veggie curry, papadams and naan. On the flight back, I had the Korean ribs again.
    The entertainment system kept me sane on the 18 hour flight. Each passenger gets a remote control, a guidebook, and a personal video screen.
    There were almost 30 movie channels, with a large selection of Asian movies, plus TV channels, interactive video, games, and nintendo. And you control all of these with your remote. You start and stop shows when you want. You can pause movies too. It was great.

• Ausviet's Profile Photo

Flying with kids to Singapore

by Ausviet Written May 2, 2006

If you plan to travel to Singapore with kids, I think Singapore Airlines is one of the best option because It has a very good personal in-flight entertainment. You can watch movies, listen to music, play games from your seat. The best thing is it's free even for Economy Class passengers !. The movies are good , they have some latest released ones. The music is also good because there are a lot of channels to choose from depending on your taste. The games are OK. The young kids will like the games and the teenages will like to watch the movies or listen to music. Otherwise how can you keep your kids entertain during the long flight !

• Study Abroad

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

credit card ID or forget it!!

by easterntrekker Written Jun 19, 2006

We had a terrible time with the airline . I booked and paid months in advance using a credit card . We were denied boarding even though we had Passports and Birth certificates and my husbands identical credit card . We had to buy another ticket on a much later flight for more money!! The airline wouldn't or couldn't do anything for us. I'll never fly with them again.

Funny on the return trip , they didn't even ask to look at our credit card ...passport was enough!!

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

• ullfri49's Profile Photo

With Singapore Airways over the Alps to Singapore

by ullfri49 Updated Nov 2, 2012

With Singapore Airways over the Alps to south

Of course it is a long way from Germany to Singapore and there are much ways-
    but the best way for me-
    in remembering -
    was to travel with Singapore Airways-
    maybe cause with the first step at airfield Frankfurt inside in the Airplane
    seems a feeling of the special atmosphere of Singapore.

Same together from the tourist informations, the special food and a friendly and good service in the long time onboard- even while crossing periods of difficult weather, so sometimes is in the gulf of Bengal.

Usually is able some get juice or snacks between the meals in the dark time when the cabin light is off.

Here at Photo short after Start in Frankfurt in late summer 2006 , just over the ice of Alpes.

At the second photo you see it is a good travelling- even after 10 hours - the Singapore Airways stewardess just offer the breakfast with tea, coffee, juice or (Singapore) Tiger beer.. very good.

Last photo: Short before landing in Singapore in sunrise - It was midnight time in Germany..

• Photography

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Heavily Subsidized by Government

by machomikemd Updated Sep 24, 2008

Modern Amenities, High tech!

Singapore Airlines is one of the Great Airlines of the World and one of the keys of being A Great Airline unfortunately is being partly or heavily Subsidized by their national governments and Singapore Airlines is one such Airline (In Asia, only the Philippines don't give subsidies to its National Airline). Singapore Airlines was formerly Malayan Airways Limited and Started Operations in 1947 but in 1972, it split into Singapore Airlines and Malaysian Airlines. Obviously its hub is in Changi Airport and flies to 65 destinations in 35 countries on five continents. Singapore Airlines operates a wide-body aircraft fleet from four aircraft families: the Boeing 747, the Boeing 777, Airbus A380 and the Airbus A340 and also has a subsidiary, Silk Airlines, a budget regional carrier serving secondary routes.

Address Changi Airport Terminal 2

Unit 026-023/024
    Departure Hall
    Singapore 918141
    Operating Hours Daily: 0600 hours to 0030 hours

• Luxury Travel

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Fly to Singapore with Singapore Airlines.

by cachaseiro Written Nov 14, 2012
    Onboard Singapore airlines.

Singapore Airlines is the flag carrier of Singapore and one of the best airlines in the world.
    Having flown many airlines over the years they are among the 3 best airlines i have flown.
    The service on board is really good and the staff always very attending in their elegant dresses.
    Planes are very comfortable and i have mostly flown on their Boing 777 which i really like.
    They serva dozens of destinations to and from singapore and despite being one of the worlds best airlines they are not always that expensive and i have gooten some very good deals with them over the years.

• Luxury Travel