Littering, Singapore

by Lozza_9
  • Onedragon's Profile Photo

STAYING CLEAN

by Onedragon Updated Dec 28, 2008

I HAD HEARD A LOT OF HOW CLEAN SINGAPORE IS SUPPOSE TO BE AND THAT ONE NEEDS TO BE CAREFUL NOT TO LITTER UP THE PLACE...BUT IN FACT WHILE VENTURING AROUND SINGAPORE I DID SEE LITTER IN SOME STREETS AND ALSO SAW PEOPLE THROW LITTER ON THE GROUND...I WASN'T FAST ENOUGH TO TAKE PICTURES OF THE PEOPLE AND WENT BY THE SECTIONS OF LITTER TOO FAST..BUT AT LEAST I KNOW THAT NOT ALL OF SINGAPORE IS A CLEAN WHISTLE...

• kenningst's Profile Photo

Littering

by kenningst Written Jan 3, 2008

Singapore has a very strict rule on where you throw your rubbish. The goverment actually contract hundreds and if not thousands of third party officers called the NEA (Natural Enviromentalist Agency) in plain clothes scouting the streets looking for offenders who throw rubbish irresponsibly. A good fine of S200 will remind you of your bad habit. WATCH OUT!!!

• Lozza_9's Profile Photo

Very Clean Country

by Lozza_9 Written Apr 14, 2003

Cleaning

This is really a warning about how clean this country is. Make sure you don't drop any rubbish.

This is one thing that really impressed me. When I returned to the UK, I noticed how dirty it was. I wish the UK government would follow the Signapore view on a tidy country.

Instant Answers: Singapore