Know about this?
Tiger Airways - not a great way to fly
Tiger Airways is a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines. It is a budget airline operating out of Singapore to regional destinations in Asia. The fares can be really cheap and tempting to purchase eg. less than S$100 for a round trip to Macau.
However, be warned. Tiger Airways is notorious for flight delays, flight cancellations, flight re-scheduling etc. Among the budget airlines operating out of Singapore, Tiger Airways has the most number of complaints. The airline can simply change the flight schedule or flight timing at short notice, informing you only via e-mail. If you did not check your e-mail, good luck to you. You may just turn up at the Budget Terminal of Changi Airport to find that your flight has been postponed, cancelled or already departed.
If you need to fly budget, consider Air Asia or Jetstar Asia.
- Budget Travel
you fall for the cheap fares but in the end better take regular airlines, especially you are not sitting by the computer to snatch the earliest fares. i bought a fare to Darwin for 59 sgd and had to adjust the date once and had 3 kg extra weight, by the end, i had paid over 500 singapore dollars for one way flight. welcome Qantas..
from now on, i dont think I will fly Tiger..not to Australia anyway
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees
Singapore Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Hanging Rock State Park Hotels
- Hong Kong
- Chiang Mai Hotels
- Pismo Beach Hotels
- Bukit Fraser Hotels
- Cebu City Warnings and Dangers
- San Francisco Warnings and Dangers
- Hurghada Warnings and Dangers
- Budapest Warnings and Dangers
- Lisbon Warnings and Dangers
- Maldives Warnings and Dangers
- Manali Warnings and Dangers
- Tunisia Warnings and Dangers
- Ko Phangan Warnings and Dangers
- San Antonio Warnings and Dangers
- Cusco Warnings and Dangers
- Paris Warnings and Dangers