Kyongju Warnings and Dangers

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Kyongju

• i-s-a's Profile Photo

Intoxicating Local Wines

by i-s-a Updated May 9, 2005

I met some new friends in Gyeongju and we decided to go and eat out. I was still full with the noodles I had earlier but watching them eat is a little awkward and rude so I ordered something to drink. I had Baek Se Ju; I don't like beer and wanted to try different kind of local liquor. As it turned out, I could not handle this one. After my third shot I got dizzy and my eyes went @o@. I know my limitation and know when to stop, what I didn't know is how not to make a fool of myself haha. I tried drinking a lot of water but I was getting curious looks from the two guys. I switched to eating green chili (the real spicy fresh one) dipped in guacamole for some flavor. It seemed to work well and I was feeling okay after 2 chilies!

• Women's Travel

• amambaw's Profile Photo

Go early, or go home...

by amambaw Written Jun 8, 2005

Gyongju is a cultural and historical centre in Korea. As a result, it is a popular vacation spot for the Korean people. If you decide to go during the summer, or on a holiday, be warned - THE CITY WILL BE CRAWLING WITH PEOPLE!

To avoid the frustration and stress of climbing over people to get where you want to go, I would suggest the following: Keep in mind what the most popular tourist sites are and visit them early in the day. If you plan on visiting something a little less popular during your visit, save these for the afternoon as a way to get away from the crowds.

• trek06's Profile Photo

Pollution

by trek06 Written Apr 26, 2006

dust masks

Besides the general overhead smog/yellow dust, ground level exhaust fumes are brutal because there are so many narrow streets in which, besides the row of parked cars there is only room for 1 vehicle to pass. Pedestrians also share this room because there is no sidewalks. So don't get run over and try not to soak up to many fumes.

• Seasonal Price Jumps

by Hooglyboo Updated Feb 2, 2004

Gyeongju is a MAJOR tourist spot, especially for Japanese tourists. During the high season, prices jump considerably (especially if you're Japanese). Prices start to move up in March and April, and by summer things are much more expensive. Crowds also become inflated during the spring and summer, and don't trickle off until later in the fall, so be prepared for lots and lots and lots of people.

• trek06's Profile Photo

Scooters and Motor Bikes

by trek06 Updated Apr 26, 2006

Family scooter

There are a lot of scooters and motor bikes here. Especially for delivery drivers/riders. They go on sidewalks and tear through inclosed markets at high speed. So don't get in their way!

Instant Answers: Kyongju

Comments

Kyongju Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Kyongju warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kyongju sightseeing.