Busan Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by conniechong
  • He still remember me when I passed by the next day
    He still remember me when I passed by...
    by conniechong
  • korean sauce dipped and wrapped with mint leaf
    korean sauce dipped and wrapped with...

Most Recent Restaurants in Busan

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Coffeeholic: have a break: have a coffee

by theguardianangel Updated Jan 25, 2012

if i could just hold it..

After visiting the Beomosa temple, we planned to go to the Geumjeongsanseong fortress, which they say is near from the temple... but we got lost...??? haha... we walked from the Beomosa temple down to the bus station no. 9. Imagine the distance we walked... gawd!!!! I never thought I survived the drop of temperature at that time while finding our way back to the city!!!!

So, while walking down the Geumjeongsan Mountain, we found this restaurant, "coffeeholic" with the other korean restaurants along the path. These are the few reasons why it caught our attention:
    1. I was really struck by the name of the restaurant and its logo...
    (since I'm really a certified coffeeholic!)
    2. it's already 1130am, 30mins before lunch and still we were out of track...
    3. I love coffee... and I thought of taking a break since the weather is getting colder.
    4. the restaurant's structure and design is very unusual, making it very attractive.
    5. I really want to try their coffee!

Inside the restaurant, it seems like you've just entered a house because of its paintings, the displays of miniature dolls, vintage cars, hanging plastic flowers, etc... it's really cozy!
    The Coffeeholic restaurant offers western food too, since we're already missing our usual food, we ordered spaghetti! yum! yum! Ofcourse, the coffee must not be forgotten! haha!
    The pasta cost 10,000KW while the coffee was (As far as I remeber- 6000KW)

the food and the coffee weren't just the best part... one of the best part also was the view!!! We were able to sit infront of a window, overlooking the Mountain View from the top! it's such a very nice experience whenever it reminded me of it...

The restrooms are very clean too. There were 2 ladies who served us and we assumed that they were a mother and daughter. The daughter seems like the one managing the restaurant, around 28-30s (I think) who is good in speaking english. The mother can't speak English but still very accommodating. Both were very nice!

Favorite Dish: No doubt that I'm a coffee drinker, so I ordered a cappuccino, the sweetness & creaminess were just right, so this goes on the top of the list.
    Their spaghetti in tomato sauce is very tasty and meaty since it's served with 2 large meatballs.
    at the end of our meal, we were asked if we would like an ice cream for a dessert... well, since we were on a different country, we thought of, "why not!?"... just want to try how their ice cream differs from ours. So after having a taste of their ice cream... I realized... there's nothing different about it but what it surprised us when we were about to pay the bill was that.... it's free! They say that it's just one of their extra services. This restaurant totally amazed me!

• Hiking and Walking

Seaman's Club: Honest western (American) food

by DSwede Updated Jul 31, 2009

The decor might not be that great, but its not the reason to go. The costs stay down because it is a no-frills type place. But the food is very good. The service can be good or bad depending on the day.

Favorite Dish: The menu is all good. The club sandwich for lunch or a steak for dinner...

Or for those with a craving for something American, like Turkey dinner for Thanksgiving, this is the place.

Senora's (formerly "Taco al Puebla"): Best Mexican South of Seoul

by DSwede Updated Mar 13, 2009

Hole in the wall Mexican

This restaurant is literally a hole in the wall place. There is a small counter, behind which is the kitchen. There are about four sitting stools on the side of the bar, but you have to walk single-file to reach them.

Alternatively if it is a nice day, or the place is busy (which it almost always is!), there are a couple chairs outside in the narrow street.

Open 11am to 9pm.
    Closed Mondays.

Favorite Dish: The menu is fairly limited, but the dishes are all excellent. Honestly speaking, the best Mexican in Busan, and possibly south of Seoul.

The burritos are superb! And if you care for it, they have guacamole, which in Korea is not easy to come by!

To get there: start at the Haeundae train station. If you walk out the station, cross the main street and turn left. Walk past the small bus terminal. Take your first right at the large stop light intersection. Walk straight down this road. After you pass the ~5-way intersection, it should be the 3rd alley to your left. ~150m down the alley.

Palace Royal: Not exactly French

by GracesTrips Updated May 8, 2008

We settled into our hotel upon arriving in Busan (Pusan). Tried to do some shopping but had no luck. Was getting pretty hungry since we didn't have any lunch. So, we ventured out.

The menu was not too extensive. And, not really French even though that is the kind of restaurant it advertised to be. They seem to push the live abalone that is accompanied with other entree items. We chose a beef dish and a halibut dish. It was good, not great. I got a kick out of the waitress whose hair hair appeared to be plastered to her head and face. Also, enjoyed the presentation of the food in these large sea shells.

Good Restaurant: Korean Barbecue

by GracesTrips Written May 8, 2008

Name of Restaurant

Another evening, we venture out to dinner. We don't have a car so we decided to go right (east) this time on the road that runs along the Haeundae Beach. I can see on the second floor of a building what looks like a restaurant and I see people next to the window. We go up to the second floor and to our surprise, it looked rather interesting with the various booths in which you remove your shoes and sit in a seat without legs. The barbecue here was pretty good.

I'm not positive on the name of the restaurant but that's what I was able to read on the sign. See photo.

Have no idea: Korean Food

by GracesTrips Written May 7, 2008

Noodle Soup - Naengmyeon

After having several meals of Korean barbecue, I wanted to have something different. A noodle soup sounded good to me. We were walking through a fashion district in Busan near the Busan Tower. Restaurants were lodged here and there throughout the fashion marketplace. So, the only thing we can use to make a selection was looking at photos of food.

We walked upstairs to this restaurant. Nothing fancy and seemed clean enough. There were other people dining here (that's always a good sign). Looked at a photo album menu and selected the noodle dish I wanted to eat.

Naengmyeon turns out to be COLD noodle soup! With pieces of ice in the broth. A 1/2 hard boiled egg and some vegetables. I wasn't prepared to have cold noodle soup. Made with long, long strands of buckwheat noodles. They provide you with cooking shears so you can cut up the noodles. I was a trooper and ate my food. My boyfriend had a rice dish that was pretty tasty.

• WStat's Profile Photo

all restaurants in Soeul: Look at the Korean Menu !!

by WStat Written Apr 21, 2008
    Chilied Beans

There is a vast selection of exotic food, especially all kinds ao soups, pancakes and , above all , Korean Kimchi, an extremely hot dish, prepared from weeklong-marinated,salted cabbage or radishes, with plenty of red chili-cream. Delicious!

Favorite Dish: Barbecued Beef with Kimchi

Taco Loco: Sit-down Mexican

by DSwede Written Apr 1, 2008

Taco Loco

While most people might think of "Taco Loco" to be an imitation fast-food style restaurant, it is actually a sit down restaurant.

The food is definitely Mexican, with enchiladas, tacos, burritos, etc. Yet, it is without a doubt served with a little Korean character. If you want extra salsa verde, you might have to be patient, but eventually it will happen...

But for some reason, all the dishes are missing the beans all too common in Mexico... oh wait, that's because we are in Korea, and Koreans do it their own way :)

Favorite Dish: The main platters are all pretty good. The TQB set is good with one taco, quesadilla & burrito.
    The appetizer of Championes al Ajillo (mushrooms in olive oil) is excellent.

• ancient_traveler's Profile Photo

FRESH RAW FISH SLICES

by ancient_traveler Written Mar 26, 2008

raw fish

You can enjoy fresh raw fish slices, at seafood restaurant streets around Haeundae Beach and Gwangalli, and Jagalchi market. The price for raw fish changes, depending on the price fluctuations of the fish market.

Jagalchi Market, the market is the perfect place to try some of the finest specialties of Busan,By itself, grilled eel makes a copious dinner, so be sure to stop at the market to try grilled eel for your last dinner in Busan.

Nampodong gukje market, taste a variety of local cuisines at the market’s food alley while you're shopping, including Eomuk, Busan's local specialty, ground fish.

Subway line 1 Jagalchi stn exit 7

Favorite Dish: Ranging from seafood fish such as hwareohoe (fresh raw fish), chobap (sushi), saengseon jigae (fish pot stew), and hoedeopbap (rice served with diced raw fish and vegetables), to others like gamjatang (pork soup with potatoes) and patjuk (red-bean gruel). But in particular, the Jagalchi market is most noted for its grilled eel.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Nampo-dong Food Vendor Alley

by Ewingjr98 Updated Mar 12, 2008

Food vendor alley -Pusan

"Food vendor alley" in central Nampo-dong is known locally as called Mokja Golmok or "Let's Eat Alley" and is a good place to grab a snack while shopping and sightseeing. Sure, the old lady ("ajuma") never washes her hands and lines the bowls with plastic bags so they never have to be washed either, but where else can you get traditional food at rock-bottom prices?

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Gwanali Fish Market

by Ewingjr98 Updated Feb 9, 2007

Gwanaili is a coastal town with a great view over the water of ... a bridge? Yes, the miracle of modern construction has blocked the seaside view of this town.

But Gwanali does have a famous fish market along the water's edge. The market is on the first floor of a 5 or 6 story building. After you choose your live fish, octopus, and squid, carry it to one of the restaurants upstairs for dinner. You can't beat the prices for fresh seafood -- 5 of us ate all we possibly could for 100,000 Won.

• Firenze: Pasta and Coffee with Private Booths!!!

by terse Written Sep 18, 2006

Firenze

The vibe and food at Firenze in Busan is one of the most relaxed in Busan. It is a very cozy cafe and all of the seats come in private booths. The restaurant is cleaner than most restaurants in Korea and I think the women's bathroom room even has a bidet.

The restaurant is decorated very well and has a nice relaxed vibe to it. It almost feels like you're in Europe or something. I felt so relaxed that I almost took a nap in the private booths. While at this restaurant waiting for your food, if you have a window seat, you can look outside and see all the busy people wandering about.

The place serves all sorts of things: Pasta, Coffee, Beer, Ice-teas, Pat-bing-soo, salad, some fried things and stuff. I've been here numerous times and I haven't tried something here that I wouldn't try again.

On the way out, you can grab a pack of matches that has their name and number.

Favorite Dish: I don't really have a favorite and I don't remember the menu that well, but from the mutiple things I've tried, there was nothing that didn't taste good.

• miketrudeau's Profile Photo

Ganga: Delicious but pricey Indian Food

by miketrudeau Written Sep 9, 2006

Mmmm!

Ganga is a good Indian restaurant just off Haeundai Beach (sp?). The butter chicken is the best in my opinion, but everything esle is great too. This is one place to find good vegetarian food, which can be difficult in Korea where chicken, fish and eggs are not thought of as meat. However, the service is rather cold and a bit slow. We were there with a group, and they brought out our dishes one at a time, at such a pace that the first person was finished when the last dish arrived. Also, the prices are pretty steep. But hey, being the best Indian restaurant among so very few, you might find it worth a shot. Also good to change up your diet a bit, when you get tired of whatever it is you have been eating habitually. This last comment is meant to apply to foreign English teachers, especially ones living in smaller towns.

Favorite Dish: Definitely the butter chicken. It's amazing.

• Trains

• miketrudeau's Profile Photo

Kebapistan: Busan's First Turkish Restaurant

by miketrudeau Written Sep 9, 2006

Ciara and Hookah

Kebapistan is a small basement restaurant in a young and vibrant district of Busan. It is frequented by much of the local foreign croud (or is "local foreign croud an oxymoron?), but there are usually a few Koreans in there as well. The service is very friendly and relaxed. The decor is pretty nondescript but that's not why people go to Kebapistan. The food is the thing. Their lamb kebap sandwiches are juicy and mouth-watering. Their pidaes are thick and saucy (a pidae is not a pita. It's a kind of turkish pizza and delicious). Prices are very reasonable and one can indulge in an excessive feed for a moderate sum. After dinner, why not share a hookah and some flavoured tobacco? A delicious and utterly satisfying start to a night out.
    Coming from Daegu, it was great to change up the old diet a bit. If you're a teacher in Korea, you probably feel the same way. Try going to Kebapistan for a switch up every once in a while.

Favorite Dish: Like I said above, the lamb kebap sandwiches and pidae are terrific. The hummous is amazing to.

• iwys's Profile Photo

Tong Yong Chung Muhwitchip: Seafood market restaurant

by iwys Updated May 13, 2006

This is a typical Jagalchi market seafood restaurant. No frills, but good, inexpensive, really fresh seafood. The old couple who own the place are very friendly and the service is excellent. You have to sit on the floor, as you do at most Korean restaurants.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the oysters here. Korean oysters are small, but delicious.

Instant Answers: Busan

Comments

Busan Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Busan restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Busan sightseeing.