Busan Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by conniechong
  • He still remember me when I passed by the next day
    He still remember me when I passed by...
    by conniechong
  • korean sauce dipped and wrapped with mint leaf
    korean sauce dipped and wrapped with...

Best Rated Restaurants in Busan

• ancient_traveler's Profile Photo

FRESH RAW FISH SLICES

by ancient_traveler Written Mar 26, 2008

raw fish

You can enjoy fresh raw fish slices, at seafood restaurant streets around Haeundae Beach and Gwangalli, and Jagalchi market. The price for raw fish changes, depending on the price fluctuations of the fish market.

Jagalchi Market, the market is the perfect place to try some of the finest specialties of Busan,By itself, grilled eel makes a copious dinner, so be sure to stop at the market to try grilled eel for your last dinner in Busan.

Nampodong gukje market, taste a variety of local cuisines at the market’s food alley while you're shopping, including Eomuk, Busan's local specialty, ground fish.

Subway line 1 Jagalchi stn exit 7

Favorite Dish: Ranging from seafood fish such as hwareohoe (fresh raw fish), chobap (sushi), saengseon jigae (fish pot stew), and hoedeopbap (rice served with diced raw fish and vegetables), to others like gamjatang (pork soup with potatoes) and patjuk (red-bean gruel). But in particular, the Jagalchi market is most noted for its grilled eel.

• amambaw's Profile Photo

Red Mango: "The best yogurt in the world!"

by amambaw Written Jul 18, 2004

Yummy.

Red Mango isn't really about the ambiance, the service, or even the price. It's about the yogurt. That's right - YOGURT. Basically, the shops are ice cream parlours dedicated to yogurt. You can purchase cups or dishes of yogurt, and eat it plain or with fruit/nut/cereal toppings.

Delicious.

It is a little difficult to converse with the employees, so take a Korean friend, or learn how to order in Korean.

Favorite Dish: Um, yogurt. I can't describe to you how delicious it is.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Gwanali Fish Market

by Ewingjr98 Updated Feb 9, 2007

Gwanaili is a coastal town with a great view over the water of ... a bridge? Yes, the miracle of modern construction has blocked the seaside view of this town.

But Gwanali does have a famous fish market along the water's edge. The market is on the first floor of a 5 or 6 story building. After you choose your live fish, octopus, and squid, carry it to one of the restaurants upstairs for dinner. You can't beat the prices for fresh seafood -- 5 of us ate all we possibly could for 100,000 Won.

• Intrepidduck's Profile Photo

various locations: Busan: Micro Breweries

by Intrepidduck Updated Jul 5, 2004

High quality beer on tap

Busan is experiencing a new wave of micro-breweries like what Australian and European cities experienced in the late 1980s. These make a welcome change to the dull Korean draught beer on tap which is really crap quality. Atmosphere however hasn't much improvement with generally uncomfortable kitsch saroundings and music you have to ask the management to "please turn down".

There is as it appears two varieties of beer available, going under various psuedo European names. But there comes a light / cloudy coloured and a dark malt coloured beer on tap. No fancy "Hemp Beers" or meads found here.

Favorite Dish: House Beer! These establishments all use similar equipment and have the same two varieties of house brew - light and dark. However the quality really varies from place to place as does the atmosphere.

"Charlies Brua Hus", is in a good Nampo-dong location, but has truely bad quality flat and sometimes warm brew reflecting the unprofessionalism of the place jumping onto the house-brew-bandwagon. While "Lee's Brew House", located near Hadan subway station on the main drag and upstairs, is not in a great location. However they have importantly put great care into their beer quality and have a hospitable service. See picture, one can view all the working equipment.

There are a number of other variable establishments in the Seomyeon area, centrally located and very busy of an evening.

• Beer Tasting

Only Open 11:30~14:30 and 17:30~20:30
    Price 8,000Won, about US$8.00

Tips: Restaurants for Vegetarian
    1. SM ChaeSik HanSang [051-581-9993]
    Located next to CheongSuTang(Public Bath), the opposite side of GeumJeongGu Office near Guseo Subway Station

2. JaYeonSaengWhoal ChaeSik Buffet [051-625-9289]
    Located the 2nd Floor of certain building through Wayout No.1 of Daeyeon Subway Station
    And branch is located at the 4th Floor of Goryo Building, opposite side of Busan District Court

3. JangSuChae SikDang [051-504-9934]
    Located at the back entrance of the Public Prosecutor's Office, GeojeDong, YeonjeGu

Favorite Dish: BulGogi made of Bean. It's Great.

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Coffeeholic: have a break: have a coffee

by theguardianangel Updated Jan 25, 2012

if i could just hold it..

After visiting the Beomosa temple, we planned to go to the Geumjeongsanseong fortress, which they say is near from the temple... but we got lost...??? haha... we walked from the Beomosa temple down to the bus station no. 9. Imagine the distance we walked... gawd!!!! I never thought I survived the drop of temperature at that time while finding our way back to the city!!!!

So, while walking down the Geumjeongsan Mountain, we found this restaurant, "coffeeholic" with the other korean restaurants along the path. These are the few reasons why it caught our attention:
    1. I was really struck by the name of the restaurant and its logo...
    (since I'm really a certified coffeeholic!)
    2. it's already 1130am, 30mins before lunch and still we were out of track...
    3. I love coffee... and I thought of taking a break since the weather is getting colder.
    4. the restaurant's structure and design is very unusual, making it very attractive.
    5. I really want to try their coffee!

Inside the restaurant, it seems like you've just entered a house because of its paintings, the displays of miniature dolls, vintage cars, hanging plastic flowers, etc... it's really cozy!
    The Coffeeholic restaurant offers western food too, since we're already missing our usual food, we ordered spaghetti! yum! yum! Ofcourse, the coffee must not be forgotten! haha!
    The pasta cost 10,000KW while the coffee was (As far as I remeber- 6000KW)

the food and the coffee weren't just the best part... one of the best part also was the view!!! We were able to sit infront of a window, overlooking the Mountain View from the top! it's such a very nice experience whenever it reminded me of it...

The restrooms are very clean too. There were 2 ladies who served us and we assumed that they were a mother and daughter. The daughter seems like the one managing the restaurant, around 28-30s (I think) who is good in speaking english. The mother can't speak English but still very accommodating. Both were very nice!

Favorite Dish: No doubt that I'm a coffee drinker, so I ordered a cappuccino, the sweetness & creaminess were just right, so this goes on the top of the list.
    Their spaghetti in tomato sauce is very tasty and meaty since it's served with 2 large meatballs.
    at the end of our meal, we were asked if we would like an ice cream for a dessert... well, since we were on a different country, we thought of, "why not!?"... just want to try how their ice cream differs from ours. So after having a taste of their ice cream... I realized... there's nothing different about it but what it surprised us when we were about to pay the bill was that.... it's free! They say that it's just one of their extra services. This restaurant totally amazed me!

• Hiking and Walking

• miketrudeau's Profile Photo

Ganga: Delicious but pricey Indian Food

by miketrudeau Written Sep 9, 2006

Mmmm!

Ganga is a good Indian restaurant just off Haeundai Beach (sp?). The butter chicken is the best in my opinion, but everything esle is great too. This is one place to find good vegetarian food, which can be difficult in Korea where chicken, fish and eggs are not thought of as meat. However, the service is rather cold and a bit slow. We were there with a group, and they brought out our dishes one at a time, at such a pace that the first person was finished when the last dish arrived. Also, the prices are pretty steep. But hey, being the best Indian restaurant among so very few, you might find it worth a shot. Also good to change up your diet a bit, when you get tired of whatever it is you have been eating habitually. This last comment is meant to apply to foreign English teachers, especially ones living in smaller towns.

Favorite Dish: Definitely the butter chicken. It's amazing.

• Trains
    • Work Abroad

• amambaw's Profile Photo

The Marriott Hotel, Haeundae: Breakfast Buffet, now there's something you ....

by amambaw Written Aug 1, 2004

At the Marriott

Breakfast Buffet, now there's something you don't see everyday in Busan. Koreans don't eat the same style breakfast as Westerners. Most have kimchi and rice for breakfast: not exactly the same as pancakes and sausages. As a result of this, there aren't very many (read: only 1-2) places that serve Western style breakfast.

If you are really desperate for a Western breakfast, you can check out the Marriott hotel's buffet. They open the buffet sometime between 8-9 am, and it closes around 10:30. The food's not bad, they've got fresh fruit, cereal, hot dishes like pancakes, omlettes, sausages, etc.

Favorite Dish: I think the best thing was the scrambled eggs. There's something about someone else making eggs for you that makes them taste better.

One warning: when we went, the bacon wasn't that great. You might want to pass. Also, the sausages are very different than traditional breakfast sausages that you might be used to. They aren't as fatty, and are pretty thick.

• miketrudeau's Profile Photo

Firenze: Don't Miss the Entirely Unremarkable Pasta!!

by miketrudeau Written Dec 31, 2005

There it is...looks cozy eh?

From street level, Firenze looked like a cozy, candle-lit Italian bistro. In actuality it is a gaudy and sacharine attempt at a romantic atmosphere. Perhaps I shouldn't be so harsh right off the bat, because it did have a lot of private spaces. The service was mediocre at best and negligent at worst, but that was before Ciara and I discovered the function of the table buttons. This is for another tip, but at Korean restaurants there are often buttons to push to hail a waiter or waitress. We waited around for a long time before someone came to take our order, and although the restaurant was almost empty it was quite a while before our food arrived. I felt a mild irritation at us, perhaps because we couldn't speak the language.

Favorite Dish: I had pasta. It was okay.

• Work Abroad
    • Trains

• LaLaInTheWaynePlane's Profile Photo

a three course meal...: Shaboo-Shaboo

by LaLaInTheWaynePlane Written Jul 28, 2004

floor seating, gas cooking...
    you get a soup pot (size depends on the number of people eating)...it has green vegetables and broth in it. It boils...you put sliced pieces of beef in...when the beef is finished you put the noodles in the pot...when you've finished eating the noodles most of the broth is gone...then the rice is added (this is my FAVORITE part)...and you leave with a full belly...and it's cheap. SHABOO SHABOO is the name.

• WStat's Profile Photo

all restaurants in Soeul: Look at the Korean Menu !!

by WStat Written Apr 21, 2008
    Chilied Beans

There is a vast selection of exotic food, especially all kinds ao soups, pancakes and , above all , Korean Kimchi, an extremely hot dish, prepared from weeklong-marinated,salted cabbage or radishes, with plenty of red chili-cream. Delicious!

Favorite Dish: Barbecued Beef with Kimchi

Ice Cream a foot high!!!

by amambaw Written Jul 3, 2004

Favorite Dish: This is not really a restaurant tip so much as a food tip. In the summer time, Busan is HOT! The folks of this city of made an art out of staying cool, and one of their favorite methods is eating ice cream.

The last few days, since it has started getting really hot, I've noticed several vendors serving up foot high soft-serve ice cream cones! How fabulous. So far, I have only seen these vendors downtown, but I imagine that you can find them all over the city. I will keep my eyes peeled, and will update once I find out more: price, location, etc.

• conniechong's Profile Photo

Dancing Eel

by conniechong Written Jan 13, 2014

Most popular seafood in town.
    If you dare, tell the waiter not to foil the skinned eel infront of you when it is served on your table.

• Singles

• salisbury3933's Profile Photo

Unsure: Good cheap, hearty Korean fare

by salisbury3933 Written Feb 28, 2006

The restaurant we visited

We visited this restaurant near our hotel (Pusan tourist hotel) and enjoyed an inexpensive and tasty Korean meal. Had a few inexpensive beers as well.

• AyurinHiro's Profile Photo

AyurinHiro's Restaurant Tip

by AyurinHiro Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite Dish: In Korea,you must eat grilled beaf!!
    Really delicious!
    Once you ordered beaf,then various kinds of side dishes automatically as you see in this photo.

Instant Answers: Busan

Comments

Busan Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Busan restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Busan sightseeing.