Busan Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Busan

• jorgejuansanchez's Profile Photo

The Jagalchi Fish Market

by jorgejuansanchez Written Sep 2, 2014

This was my best visit in Busan. I reached that city by bpat, from Shimonoseki. I walked from the pier to downtown and found this Fish Market, where I had breakfast. For an Euroepan it is very exotic, especially the fish and seafood products.

• Adventure Travel

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Visit the Busan Tower

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 21, 2014

Boy, this was not too easy to find. You can see the tower in the distance so you walk towards it. Then as you get closer the view is gone because the buildings in the area are too tall. But we finally came upon the way to go up and it's a really steep climb. So, make sure to find the escalator that takes you up to the tower.

View from the Tower

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Visit Haedong Yonggungsa Temple

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 21, 2014

Yes, there are probably a lot of tips on this and maybe you don't want to do what everyone else has already done. But....it is well worth going to see. It is really a beautiful place once you get past the cheesy souvenier vendors you can't avoid as you walk towards the temple.

We took a taxi from our hotel (the Westin Chosun) to the temple. The taxi cost us 8,000 WON. He offered to stick around to take us back but we didn't know how long we would be. My boyfriend was already getting angry because the taxi driver probably took us by the scenic route that is longer and would slow down, almost stop, to point out what we were driving past (like a tour guide). So, we didn't have a ride back.

We decided to walk towards the nearest beach town. The first road to the left (west) look like a tiny residential road. We weren't sure if it would go all the way through but I didn't feel like walking anymore than I had to and walking to the main road and back to the beach town looked really, really far. Luckily, it did go through. Once we were there, we tried to flag down a taxi. A few of them stopped but when we tried to explain we wanted a ride to Jangsan metro station, they didn't seem to understand. I even pointed it out on our tourist map and they still didn't understand. We were fortunate to find a tourist information office in this tiny beach town. They spoke English and helped us to get a taxi. Whew!

Please see more info and pics about the temple on my travelogue album on my Busan page.

The famous Jagalchi Fish Market

by globetrott Written Aug 6, 2014

Jagalchi Fish Market is a daily market and a great attraction for tourists from all parts of the world. Most of the fishes there are held alive in large tanks and only shortly before they are sold they will be taken out. That way you get fishes there that are absolutely as fresh as can be.
    You are allowed to walk through there, they even accept it that tourgroups go there with a guide and get explanations without buying anything.
    The market-people always stay friendly and there are a lot of great and interesting fishes to see and to smell ;-)

• Luxury Travel

The Pusan Tower

by globetrott Written Aug 6, 2014

The Pusan Tower was built in 1973 and it is 118 meters high. You will find it in the Yongdusan Park, not far from the citycentre and the port of Pusan.
    This tower does not have any transmitting equipment for TV or Radio and similar, it was only built as a place of a great view over the city.
    Two high-speed elevators will get you to the topdeck that features an excellent panoramic view and a small cafe !

• Cruise

The PIFF-Square

by globetrott Written Aug 6, 2014

The PIFF Square is located in the center of Nampo-dong and it is considdered the very centre of downtown Pusan.
    This is where some great nightlife is going on every day, you will find a great variety of posh and luxury shops and boutiques. And of course the Piff-square is also where the celebrities of the annual Pusan Film Festival will meet and where you can see the movies etc.
    And even the pavement of the square has something special: the "Walk of Fame" with a signiture and a handprint from many actors and movie-directors.

Futuristic architecture: Jagalchi Market

by globetrott Written Aug 6, 2014

Even when you are not so very much interested to see a great variety of fishes, the interesting architecture of the building of Jagalchi Fish Market might still be worth a closer look. That building was constructed in 2006.
    In my 2nd picture you will see the Jagalchi Fish Market from Busan Tower.
    In my 4th Picture: a modern sculpture outside of the fishmarket.
    In my last Picture: there is a small fishmarket as well OUTside of Jagalchi Market and there you obviously get the cheaper fishes .

Yongdusan Park

by globetrott Written Aug 6, 2014

Yongdusan Park is the name of the park that you will find around of Pusan Tower.The park occupies an area of 69,000 square meters and you will find more than 70 different types of threes there.
    The Pusan Tower is the main attraction for tourists there, but there are other sights as well like the statue of Admiral Yi, the Museum of World Folk Instruments and an Exhibition Hall of World Model Boats.

The PIFF - Walk of Fame

by globetrott Written Aug 5, 2014

In many places in the centre of Busan / Pusan you will see parts of this "Walk of fame " with handprints and signatures of famous movie-directors, actors and other celebrities that had come to Pusan for the PIFF, the Pusan International Film Festival.
    in my last picture: the signature and handprint of Jeanne Moreau !
    Read more about the PIFF or BIFF in the webpage-link below !

The pavillon next to Busan Tower

by globetrott Written Aug 5, 2014

This is the pavillon that you will see next to Busan Tower and its architecture follows the old korean style of architecture. It is a pity that such buildings were quite hard to be found
    in other places of Busan / Pusan. When exploring the city I mostly got the impression the city seems to be more proud of their modern architecture in many places.

Palgakjeong in Yong-dusan Park

by theguardianangel Written May 26, 2012

Palgakjeong is located within the Yong-dusan Park just beside the Busan Tower. It comprises of the Museum, Exhibition Hall. We never had any intentions to drop by here but my camera was battery dead. Since we never want to miss anything during our sightseeing in Busan, my friend and I decided to have a stop by this cafeteria so we can have the camera recharged. We never had any idea that the place we got in was the museum/exhibition hall (as what they call it).

The museum was just like a coffee shop. It was very wide, at the right corner were bookshelves containing about South Korea's history, arts, Busan's history, etc., at the sides were tables and chairs then at the back was a very large tv, a piano and another long table w/ chairs which were being used during a meeting when we got inside. A big post was mounted at the center of the hall; on the post were pictures of Busan's history. We admit that we were educated even just by looking at the pictures. I tried to choose some books in the shelves but got disappointed when I tried to read... it was written in Korean language>,

We ordered milk tea.. cold milk tea... dunno what came into my mind that i wanted some cold drinks though the weather was so cold outside. The milk tea was great! And since I got to asked my friend to buy us some oatmeal cookies, which she actually did, our stay was fantastic!

featuring Busan's history outside the Museum/Exhibition hall good to have English versions.. I think I'll nap while waiting for the camera It's really Milk tea...
    • Museum Visits

Yongdusan Park- Busan Tower

by theguardianangel Updated Jan 25, 2012

Within the Yongdusan Park is the Busan tower, which represents the city of Busan.
    The park is called Yongdusan Park due to the looks of the mountain like a dragon's head, ascending from the sea to the land.

Yongdusan Park is very near in the Gwangbok-ro street/PIFF square.. it's just that you have to climb the mountain of Yongdusan by using the escalator. No entrance fee will be collected once you enter the park, unless you want to have a view inside the tower.

I find this thing very odd though... on the sides surrounding the tower's observation platform...
    are lots and lots of 2 padlocks locked together with love messages written on it.
    I believe that the Koreans are very much romantic for doing this because the heart shaped objects are very commonly seen and this is not the only place where I saw this fascinating thing they use to do.
    I heard that the use of the locks symbolizes the sincerity of love of the couples going in the Busan Tower.

The messages they wrote to each other say something about how they feel about their relationship.
    If you haven't brought any locks with you, you can buy it in the convenient store just within the tower's observatory that costs 6000KW.

Busan Tower Bell Pavilion downtown view from the observation platform love locks behind the statue of Chungmoogong

PIFF SQUARE- Gwangbok-ro

by theguardianangel Updated Jan 25, 2012

PIFF Square is located in the center of Nampo-dong.
    It's known as the symbol of the PUSAN International Film Festival due to its Hollywood style effect, "walk of fame".
    Also, in the Gwangbokro Street is where you can find lots of luxurious shops.

Every December, the whole area of Gwangbok-ro, the locals celebrate the Christmas tree cultural event in which unique cultural performances are demonstrated and the the Stocking Talent Show being the most notable event.

I never felt tired walking around the square!

PIFF square just chillin' the road's still busy no panic even if it's raining bright lights!

Changseon-dong Eatery Alley

by theguardianangel Updated Jan 25, 2012

After an awesome view from the Busan tower's obervation platform and wandering in the PIFF square, you must be starving! well then, don't panic! try the Eatery Alley also known as the “Let’s eat alley” which offers a variety of street foods cooked on the spot, drinks, shakes, etc. at a low price! It's very near the PIFF Square.

I'm so full after having a lot of food tripping here! I honestly don't know what i ate but it tasted like dimsum and very tasty, maybe due to the sauce...? Price varies per stick; I think it depends on the size... haha! The street foods weren't that pricey though. You can buy 1000-5000KW per stick. The sushi I think was 5000KW and the hotdog I ate with corn kernels inside was about 2500KW.

let's look for street foods! Let's Eat Alley hmmm, tasty! eat all you can, just pay for it!:P soOo saucy!
    • Adventure Travel

beomosa temple

by theguardianangel Written Dec 25, 2011

Beomosa Temple is located halfway up the Geumjeongsan Mountain.
    This temple holds the 1,300 years of history. It's one of the grandest temple in the country.
    The temple's cultural properties designate it as official treasures such as:
    the 3 story stone pagoda, Beomosa Daeungjeon temple (main temple), 7 story stone pagoda and
    the one pillar gate.

This temple isn't hard to find. Take the MTR line 1, stop at station 133, Beomosa then exit at No. 5/7), take a u-turn, turn left, walk up and you should see a bus terminal. Ride the Bus number 9, which will take you exactly on the entrance of the Beomosa temple.

behind: the 7 story stone pagoda Beomosa temple entrance to the Beomosa temple Beomosa's History

Instant Answers: Busan

Comments

Busan Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Busan things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Busan sightseeing.