Hip Hop/Clubs, Seoul

Know about this? Rate It!

• Hip Hop/Clubs
    by Jjic
  • GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: More of a Dance Club than a Restaurant

by GracesTrips Written May 8, 2008

Most HRC's I have been to are set up as restaurants with outrageous decor and music memorabilia. This one is totally different. It's got a lot of room for dancing, a DJ set up on a stage and lots of intimate seating throughout the place.

I posted my HRC tip under shopping because, that's what I do. I buy pins to add to my collection and sometimes I get a shirt. Directions are listed there.

• Singles

• itsCharlie's Profile Photo

Tool: Brings in good names

by itsCharlie Updated Dec 14, 2006

Keep an eye on these guys to bring in a fantastic name with little to no promotion. I have no idea why!!?? The pic is from Kyoto Jazz Massive- I've also seen DJ Heather there to name a few. Nice intimate setting anyways.

Dress Code: Anything

• Work Abroad

• Hodge podge: Top 40

by JDwernychuk Updated Mar 21, 2004

Hodge podge was a dance club a small one. It was packed full. There was not many koreans eather. The club was full of mostly Canadians and New Zealanders (kiwi) but it was a good drunkin time check it out. I went on Saturday night and there was drinking and dancing till about 6 in the morning.

• minwoo11's Profile Photo

Hip Hop/Clubs: CLUB NB

by minwoo11 Written Nov 29, 2006

Last Day in Seoul!! We made sure that it was gonna be a memorable last day, and a good finish to our South Korea trip. We hit Apujeong. The dream land of plastic surgery! hahaha no I wasn't gonna get surgery to end it of with a big bang. lol.

We had samgapsil, tons of soju ahhahah tipsy!! Met some random Koreans, two were from the states. And yeah there we were with three complete strangers of to party with them. Dance the nite away.

Club NB is an awesome place. I think its a franchise so its everywhere. Again great hip hop music and Koreans are rockin to the music. Lots of boys then girls at this club. Well the time I went. We had a blast!! Cute boys tat nite hahahha.

Stayed there til like 5 am. very impressive. we beat our record!! lol.
    A magnificient finish!! It was hella fun!! Club NB for sure next year!

Dress Code: I didn't think there was a dress code so yeah you can wear anything. But yeah its good to look ur best!

• aquamarine_cf's Profile Photo

M 2: You can't actually Dance, but anyway :)

by aquamarine_cf Written May 3, 2007

I've been there 3 times, in both 1st and 2nd floor areas.
    Music - DJ s are very good, but unfortunately on a ground floor you can hardly move, let alone dancing. Situation tends to get better after 3AM. You have to wait to get a drink-go to the washroom maybe more than 15 minutes.
    On the second floor is much better, there is a place to sit down, have a separate bar, but you ll need "vip" card to go there. on this floor dancing is possible and there are less kids.

• Club FF: Hongdae is the best place to enjoy nightlife!

by hongyr1 Written May 30, 2010

since 2005, this place is known by very famous live/indie music club at Hongdae. their common base is rock. DJs are djing with famous rock music. beers and cocktails starts 4000~8000. after band's performance is finish, it's free enterance fee!
    you can use here on clubday.(every month last friday)

Dress Code: just free:)

• Music

• minwoo11's Profile Photo

Hip Hop/Clubs: HipHop YO!

by minwoo11 Written Nov 29, 2006

I didnt' know what to expect when I thought of clubbing in Korea. I've heard that's clubbin is way betta in Asia than your home country! Well that is true since you don't know anyone in that country. So your able to go crazy and wild! No one knows you! lol.

Walking on the streets of Hongdae, you hear the vibrations, beats and the music coming from the clubs. I knew I was gonna have fun!! The streets were filled with young adults, in their club wear. Their pretty casual when it comes to club wear. We hit two bars just for cheap drinks and to chill. Then it was on!! hehehehe. We went inside Qvo and I was impressed! The vibe their was awesome. All of them were in their hip hop gear and rockin away.

I swear the music here is betta than what I hear at home. Nothing could compare to the madness, the great remixes and the sweet tunes! We were dancin til 3 am! clubs back home close at 2 am.

clubbin here... CHUHAYO!! can't complain

Dress Code: The dress code is pretty casual. The style is mostly hip hop. but i think you could wear whatever. Qvo has coat checks as well.

• ShaneBarber's Profile Photo

Limelight: Step into the Limelight

by ShaneBarber Updated Jan 3, 2006

DANCE!!!!

The Limelight is near the Hamilton hotel, across from Gecko's Terrace. This is probably the hippest club in the Itaewon district, even though it is a bit shady (some call it "slimelight"). Go inside, pay W10,000, get a drink ticket, go downstairs, drop off your coat, and start dancing and buying drinks. The crowd here is REALLY late. Therefore, you can be sure that if you see Americans here, they aren't in the military, due to curfews. The DJ plays new hip-hop for the most part, as well as some old-school R & B. Drinks are $5-7 each, and the room has a nice ambient temperature. There are raised dance floors and brass poles, so you can play stripper-for-a-day. There are tough looking security guards, yet the staff is caring and nice, and want to make sure you have a good time, but won't allow any trouble makers.

Dress Code: There is no dress code, as far as I know, but in order to fit in, I'd wear something like what everyone else in Seoul wears- nice, awesome, stylish, comfortable clothing suitable for sweating and dancing.

• Study Abroad

• san_miguel's Profile Photo

Apku-Jong Dong: Apku-Jong Dong

by san_miguel Updated Aug 26, 2002

A lot of upscale clubs and bars can be found here. I read on another member's page that visitors should go the Mafia Bar. Great place. A little hard to find, (taxi drivers wouldn't know it by name), but it's near the Princess Hotel if you'd like to go there.

There are many westernized attractions in Apku, such as the Hard Rock and Bennigan's, but the best bar I've been to is called the K-100, (or K-baek in korean). The bartenders speak english, the drinks taste wonderful, and the whole atmosphere i just excellent. 'K-baek' in korean translates to 'black', so the majority of the bar is dark, with neon lights and dim spotlights in strategic locations.

Dress Code: Apku-Jong is typically upscale, but no dress code is required. A lot of the upper-class Koreans hang out here, and Korean Stars have been known to pop up occasionally in this area.

• Jjic's Profile Photo

Evans: Cozy Mood with Jazz!!

by Jjic Written May 10, 2006

indoor at Evans

Evans is small and cozy place, and there are always romantic music. Just pay 5000won(about $5), you can enjoy night!!

• Music