Know about this? Rate It!
Pottery village: Potter's paradise
If you like pottery then Korea will be a mini paradise for you. Besides celadon there is also white and blue/green porcelain. Korean techniques have had great influence on Japanese pottery. Incheon Pottery Village is the place to go. The KwangJyuYo factory does beautiful work but the prices reflect the quality. It is interesting to watch the process from the air-removal machines down to the glazing and baking, almost everything is done by very skilled hands. At the Korean Folk Village, visit Choi Kwang-Hui, she is 71 and a master potter (however she doesn’t practice anymore after breaking her arm a few years back) that is hoping to retire next year. She speaks great English and has a good personality, also the prices here are more reasonable.
- Arts and Culture
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Seoul Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Hanging Rock State Park Hotels
- United States of America
- Brunei Hotels
- Male Island
- Ayia Napa Hotels
- South Padre Island Hotels
- Ho Chi Minh City