Dambulla Restaurants

Intersection in Dambulla
    by jennifermueller

Most Recent Restaurants in Dambulla

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

gimanhala transit hotel: a spicy buffet mel

by call_me_rhia Updated Nov 29, 2004

at the buffet

It's a nice hotel and restaurant set in a park, not far from the rock temples. I think it's mainly geared for tour buses, only we did not see any when we were there.

Favorite Dish: The usual buffet food - quite uninspiring, with no particular qualities or demerits. particularly good was some grilled tank fish - and really horrible the buffalo curd

• jennifermueller's Profile Photo

Stop for Short Eats

by jennifermueller Updated Feb 1, 2004

Intersection in Dambulla

We picked up some very nice wade and roti at a shop in town to eat on the road.

The shop keeper seems suprised that we wanted short eats rather than packaged cookies and biscuts. I don't know if that's what the tourists usually want in local stores since that's what you can get at home but I don't think you've been to Sri Lanka if you haven't had short eats for lunch.

Dambulla is a fairly sizable town with communications stores for making calls, shops for buying just about anything and a couple of banks.

Favorite Dish: Wade is fried grain and vegetable balls. Rotty is dough pockets surrounding various fillings of vegetables and such. There is also a doughy short eat that resembles a bagel (only spicier) and a wade like short eat with an egg inside. Very filling.

If you decide to eat in rather than on the road and request short eats, you will be brought a plate with way more than you can eat. Eat whatever you like. When you are done the waitstaff will count up what's missing and charge you appropriately.

Instant Answers: Dambulla

Comments

Dambulla Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Dambulla restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dambulla sightseeing.