Chitaka, Taipei

by chewy3326
  • Chitaka
    by gotravel123
  • gotravel123's Profile Photo

Chitaka: Into Japanese? Don't miss this then.

by gotravel123 Updated Apr 4, 2011

I came across this by accident. I've only heard about this chain that's value for money and the food isn't too shabby at all. I visited the branch at Ren Ai Road which was 90% full at 8pm. My friend and I ordered a set meal each (mine's chicken and fish and prawns). The portion was too huge for me (bet the guys would love this place) but it was a great experience. Feels like at home when i'm out for a meal with friends - awesomely local.

• yatingchen's Profile Photo

Chitaka: Yammi fried pork

by yatingchen Written Sep 3, 2006

Stella and Bryan

Chitaka is a successful Japanese chain restaurant. It's famous for its yammi fried pork rice.

Japanese decoration and good service. A set of dish costs around 270NTD with tea, salad, soup, vegetable and main dish.

Favorite Dish: Mimi: fried pork rice with curry sauce

Tingli: fried pork rice with miso sauce.

So far it's the best fried pork I have ever tasted.

• chewy3326's Profile Photo

Chitaka: Chitaka

by chewy3326 Written Aug 18, 2006

Dessert- green tea ice cream

Chitaka is a restaurant franchise in Taipei, with at least eight different locations over the city. They supposedly serve good curry (I didn't try it), but I came for their fried pork cutlets. There are many different set meals and combos possible; the set meals generally come with too much Japanese seafood and miso soup (neither of which I am big fans of). The food here is somewhat overpriced, considering that you can get fried pork cutlets in other restaurants for as little as NT 50. Service is generally good.

Favorite Dish: I didn't like most of the dishes here but I loved the deep-fried pork cutlets, which were one of the best I had in Taiwan (with the exception of a restaurant in Wufeng). They are fried just right and don't taste too greasy, its absolutely perfect. Prices for the pork cutlet start at a little over NT 200.

Also be sure to try the green tea ice cream.

Instant Answers: Taipei