Dear visitors and permanent residents of Dushanbe,
I decide to put all information about Restaurants in Dushanbe in form of table, that is for tehnical reasons can not be inserted into VT tips form.
Therefore I attached those tables in 3 separate pictures within this restaurant review. To view pictures please double click on them, and they will appear in large formate. You can also use "save picture as" function to save them on your computer and zoom in to read the detail information.
If you are looking for the fast food places in Dushanbe, then this tip is for you. Places everybody loved relatively cheap unhealthy fast food in Dushanbe, that I recommend:
1. Southern Fried Chicken - 30, Rudaki Ave. (near the Opera and Ballet Theatre), tel +992 37 2274104; +992 907800888.
2. Merve. there are two Merve (Turkish) in Dushanbe. One is typical fast food - 92, Rudaki Ave (across the road from the Avesta Hotel), another one is more like a family type restaurant (I really like to go and would recommend) - near the Beer Plant.
3. Chief Burger. 21, Tursun-zade str., Asia Grand Hotel. tel - +992 907914040; +992 918444747.
Favorite Dish: Consider if you chose Merve restaurant - you can pick things from menu or go to the show-case where the chief is working and pick dish chosing by the way they look and smell. Nice place for lunch and dinner, affordable for the middle class. Bon appetit!
theres alot of resturaunts in dushanbe, most quite good. in my opinion at least. the turkish resturant on rudaki street has decent take away style food, yummy. and the indian resturant next door to it has rad buffets in the morrning, i think between 10 and 12 or some thing, very yummy indian.
Favorite Dish: any thing from the turkish is good, expecially their hot dogs. i love them, and the ice creams really weird, but good. in the indian every things pretty good.Related to:
- Budget Travel
3 most popular disco-clubs are placed along the Rudaki Ave.:
1. Port-said. my favorite. best to go on Friday and Saturday, but works almost every night. it starts at 22-00 and lasts usually till 4-5 a.m. you can also order smth to eat there. During Football World Cup and EURO championships there's a big screen there outside. DJ is playing good dancing music.
2. Vastan. Disco-club (2-nd floor) and restauran (1-st floor). Address: 88 Rudaki Street
Tel: +992 37 221 56 16 224 09 36. Closed on Monday
3. Dior. 1-st floor- restaurant, 2-nd disco-club, 3-rd Billiard club. Address: 1 Ismoili Somoni Avenue (100 meters from the President Palace). Tel: +992 37 224-88-02
Dress Code: could be fancy, jeans also works, definitely not sport-wear
The travelogue is based on my own travel experience. Being a woman I always care for the way I look and the way I feel. Even when I travel I would like still to visit masseuse and refresh my manicure, pedicure, and other spa-related stuff. If you are travelling from highly developed country you can afford yourself a little gift of spa-procedures, since they are much cheaper in Tajikistan. If you're from under-developed country- go for it! do it, and you'll never regret it. Things you do for yourself, for your health, your body, your spirit are the investments into your career, your personal life, your present and your future. feeling good will always pay you back. I would recommend only two places in Dushanbe to go, but there are plenty of others. Just these two I visit on a regular base and they are conviniently situated in the centre of the city and close to the place I live. Medical-esthetic centre "Jasmin" and Professional Beauty Salon in VEFA Centre.
What to buy: Get ready to buy services: spa-procedures, professional consultancy from doctors and stylists, etc.
What to pay: You will be told all the prices in advance. Some procedures you need to book in advance. Perhaps various things seems to be more expensive in other places, anyways, go for it, it worth it, because you worth it! :) In general, prices reletively the same as in other beauty salons in Dushanbe. You can pay with credit cards as well, or withdraw money in ATMs in the same building where these salons are. Travel checks are not accepted in Tajikistan
Dushanbe Local Customs
never point!!! palm out flat and gesture towards what you want or what ever. never put non (the bread) upside down. when eating with a tajik family, never face the soles of your feet toward any one, sit cross legged or keep you feet pointing behind you, point the soles of your feet towards some one means you disrespect them. never wistle, expecially in side!!! tajiks are very superstitious and will be offended. don't throw out food, or if you must do it discretly and remember that every one sees your trash as it goes on the dump on the corner of the street. basically watch and learn, if they don't do it, you don't do it, just respect their culture and they will respect youRelated to:
- Budget Travel
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Low rate guaranteed!
- Otel No booking or cancellation fees! Book with otel.com & get 5% bonus