Aranyaprathet Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Aranyaprathet

• pesky_tourist's Profile Photo

Immigration Officials

by pesky_tourist Updated Dec 13, 2007

Don't know if this was due to the numerous stamps in my passport or Aranya Immigration's interpretation of Thai rules but I was hassled for about 15 minutes about not having onward travel tickets. After patiently explaining, several times, that I planned to take the train to BKK and proceed OUT of Thailand, the official grimaced and stated plainly that he would let me in "this time".

My advice: Have onward travel tickets or grin and bear it.

• i-s-a's Profile Photo

Pick-pockets! (Poipet Border)

by i-s-a Written May 16, 2005

street of doom

Never let your guard down...not even for a second!

I have always been very careful especially when I first got to this border. I was quite overwhelmed by the crowd, the heat, the beggars and the touts. But somehow, the nice experience and safe journey from Siem Reap made me careless.

I was walking ahead of my friend in this narrow pavement when she noticed a kid putting his small hands inside my bag's back pocket. She reprimanded the child and he just walked away as if nothing happened. I almost lost my digital camera in this very street. Somehow my negligence temp the child to steal something from me.

• Women's Travel

Instant Answers: Aranyaprathet

Comments

Aranyaprathet Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Aranyaprathet warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Aranyaprathet sightseeing.

View all Aranyaprathet hotels