Ayuthaya What to Pack

Most Recent What to Pack in Ayuthaya

• vpas's Profile Photo

Sun Protection items!

by vpas Written Jan 4, 2014

Luggage and bags: Make sure you carry a hat/cap, sun glasses and sun cream with you along. You need to do quite a bit of walking around in the sites and the sun is quite intense most of the time! You would also do well to carry a water bottle along.

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Bring a small and portable umbrella

by machomikemd Written Nov 9, 2012

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: if you plan to visit thailand in general and ayuthaya in particular, during the rainy season in thailand (usually starts from june to october) like we did in october this year (2012). then prepare to bring a small and lightweight portable umbrella that you can neatly fold for easy storage on you bag or just by them at any of the markets, night markets, convenience stores and malls around the bangkok area and these small and portable umbrellas are very cheap and you can buy them for only 150 baht or less. at least the showers here are relatively mild as compared to the typhoon visited areas of south east asia like the philippines or vietnam or cambodia. or you can just buy the water proofed plastic overalls which are disposable at any convenience stores or markets too (costing 100 baht per piece) but the downside of these water proofed overalls is that they are bulky when you remove them off and hold them after the rains stop. you're best bet is still the small and foldable umbrellas.

• Cruise

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Bring two cameras with extra batteries

by machomikemd Written Nov 9, 2012

Photo Equipment: I still don't like to bring Digital SLR Camera in my travels as these cameras as to bulky and cumbersome to operate and you must change the lens often and since I'm not a professional Photographer, prefer to bring a pocket ultrazoom camera that you can combine taking pictures and videos at the same time like an Olympus SZ MR-31 and a water proof camera like the olympus 810 tough for the beach and water sport pictures. Bringing point and shoot camera is still the best option for the traveller and having a pocket ultrazoom camera is the best! also bring extra camera batteries and charger as you don't want your camera to lose power while taking photos and videos.

• Photography

• DennyP's Profile Photo

ALWAYS CARRY A RELIABLE MOSQUITO REPELLANT

by DennyP Written Dec 10, 2011
    MY DAILY ESSENTIAL ITEMS THAT I ALWAYS CARRY

Luggage and bags: I always carry a small back pack whenever I am "out and about". This carries all my daily neccesities also carries my digital cameras and lenses out of sight.
    The weather being what it is in the tropics there are definate daily essentials that i carry they are:
    ALWAYS carry more than enough fresh bottled water for your daily needs

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: A comfortable pair of hiking/walking boots /shoes..There is always so much walking involved.
    A small plastic poncho in case of a weather change
    A hat for sun protection
    A pair of good sunglassesalso for sun protection

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: A reliable mosquito and insect repellant..This I find so neccesary when travelling in the tropics.
    A small tube of sunscreen for the tropical sunshine. this is another neccesary
    A small tube of moisturiser
    A tube of lip balm
    A small packet of wetwipes not only for the extreme heat but also to wipe minor injuries.
    A small packet of tissues just in case the roll is empty!!
    A couple of bandaid strips...always so handy

Photo Equipment: My digital cameras and lenses
    A battery charger for my digitals
    An international power point adaptor...so important..
    A spare memory card this beats any dissapointment

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: I always carry in my small back/pack a small torch...I'm never without it.

Miscellaneous: This may seem a lot to carry but really it isn't...most items are very small and weigh little ..but all are I feel neccesary when I travel in the tropics.

• Beaches
    • Hiking and Walking
    • National/State Park

• Designerartgirl's Profile Photo

Suncream!

by Designerartgirl Written Jun 1, 2005

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Suncream is a real must in Ayuthaya. The sun streams down on you all day and suddenly without realising it, you're all red. If you go by bike it is especially important as you dont feel the sun so much with the wind but it reflects off all the lakes and buildings meaning that its easier for you to get burnt! Therefore my best tip would be to cover yourself in it!!

• Small Backpack

by yen_2 Written Jul 20, 2003
    Bring those important things..

Luggage and bags: We only got there buy a day tour so no need for me to bring luggages or any but I do bring extra shirt because I know it will be hot! Notice the red bag in the photo? Don't bring like that...I just bought my small backpack!

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: I did manage to bring extra shirt that are light and comfy..And small towelet for it will be hot!

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Bring your own toilet paper, I never saw any in the public toilets when we got there.

Photo Equipment: I saw alot of films for sale in any vendors but it's really best to be ready. The time will consume for buying instead of you taking pix there..A digi would be great!

• Theme Park Trips

Instant Answers: Ayuthaya

Comments

Ayuthaya What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Ayuthaya what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ayuthaya sightseeing.