Ban Bang Saen (2) Nightlife

Wake me up before you go go
    Fairway Bar and Restaurant, Bang Saen
    by Hewer
  • "I was runnin' down the road..."
    by Hewer

Most Recent Nightlife in Ban Bang Saen (2)

Galaxy: For the ...erm...Gentlemen

by Hewer Written Jun 24, 2005
    Wake me up before you go go

When I first visited Bang Saen, I went away convinced that there wasn't any adult entertainment there and that it was just an innocent beachside town. When I came back a few months later for a longer stay, I realised I was wrong....

Standing right at the entry to the town stands this colossus of a place called 'Galaxy' . The exterior is plastered with banners and advertisements of various kinds, including one big one which read 'Girly Berry Show'. Hmmmm?

Dress Code: Sorry guys, I don't know the prices!!

Take it Easy Pub and Restaurant: Best Live Music

by Hewer Updated Jun 3, 2005

This is the best bar in Bang Saen I would say. It has a very rustic feel about it as the whole place is done in mahogany and teak and there are signs and placards for different whiskey brands around the bar, as well as a pool table and a stage for live music. It has a huge floor space and is open plan, ringed by trees. The music was excellent - the best I've seen in Thailand. And yes, to live up to the name they play "Take it Easy" by the Eagles once every night ;-)

Most bars in Bang Saen are frequented predominantly by locals. These guys had only Thai menus and seemed surprised when we turned up. It is a bit out of the way admittedly ;-)

Dress Code: No dress code as far as I could tell. All the staff were dressed up. No sleeveless shirts or bare feet I guess.

Fairway: Outdoor Bar/Restaurant

by Hewer Written Jun 3, 2005

Fairway Bar and Restaurant, Bang Saen

This place got high marks from me. It has a nice atmosphere, mostly outdoors in a beer garden-type set-up. They have live music every night and quite a good menu if you want to eat also. It's mostly a local hangout but they do have English menus available.

Dress Code: There didn't seem to be a dress code. It was mostly locals and many of them were wearing long pants but I don't think it is required.

Relax Pub and Restaurant: Chilled, classy local atmosphere

by Hewer Updated Mar 24, 2005

Relax Pub and Restaurant, Bang Saen

'Relax' is a chilled, outdoor local hangout at the western end of town. You can go there to have a drink or two and they also serve meals.

Everyone else there seemed to be tourists from other parts of Thailand. It had a very relaxed atmosphere and some of the tables and chairs are directly on the sand. They had live music too.

Dress Code: Nothing too casual, i.e. no shorts and flip flops. I would say long pants or jeans at least.

Instant Answers: Ban Bang Saen (2)

Comments

Ban Bang Saen (2) Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Ban Bang Saen (2) nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ban Bang Saen (2) sightseeing.

View all Ban Bang Saen (2) hotels