Ban Khao Yai Favorites

Man made lake
    by yen_2

Most Recent Favorites in Ban Khao Yai

• herzog63's Profile Photo

Early morning beauty along the trail

by herzog63 Updated Aug 16, 2003

Morning Hike

Favorite thing: It had rained most of the night. So I loved seeing the early morning fog breaking up that was holding over the river and seeing the sun cast it's morning rays over the freshly soaked fields and the bugs where humming with joy!! I wish I had carried some sort of sound recording device as the locusts and other field bugs where sure loud!!

Fondest memory: If you are the lead hiker in the morning you will remember this!! There are spider webs across the trail at about every 20 feet or so and they seemed to be built at the level of my face! I finally picked up a stick and waved it in front of me to keep the webs out of my eyes and mouth!! This seemed to work very well.

• Adventure Travel

Hiking paths

by herzog63 Written Aug 15, 2003

My friend Pla on a hike

Favorite thing: There are various grades of hiking trails to be found in Khao Yai. From wide dirt trails to narrow paths through dense jungle to slippery rocks to get to some of the water falls. Some of the wide paths are just little more than a casual walk without much difficulty. In the photo you can see one of the wide paths. This one leads to the game viewing platform near th KM 35 turnout. You will want to pack drinking water as there aren't any places along the way to refill your bottles.

Fondest memory: The Red Dirt of Khao Yai is pretty cool. We don't have that were I'm from in Alaska so I found it to be quite interesting.

• Adventure Travel

Early morning hikes

by herzog63 Written Aug 14, 2003

Early morning hike

Favorite thing: There are some great hiking to be done in the park. After the elephant viewing didn't happen we continued along the path down past the watering hole. As you can see from the picture my sons shoes aren't what most people would consider hiking apparel. But that's what our whole group hiked in...Flip Flops. We could have had some major problems because of this but every turned out ok....only a few leeches!

• Pretty

by yen_2 Updated Feb 19, 2004

Favorite thing: We didn't view the waterfall from below the area so, I just thought I have to take a small water falling. so, here it is from the stagnant water just beside the viewing deck!

• Waterfalls again..

by yen_2 Updated Feb 19, 2004

Favorite thing: This is the water that run through the waterfalls! Gee..It was not a big one but it's worth the ride though..

You can take pictures with the cliff if you will be disappointed just like we were..

Instant Answers: Ban Khao Yai

Comments

Ban Khao Yai Favorites

Reviews and photos of Ban Khao Yai favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ban Khao Yai sightseeing.