Ban Khao Yai Favorites

by yen_2

Best Rated Favorites in Ban Khao Yai

• Trees

Trees

Favorite thing: First week of February in here was very rainy but a blessings in disguise as its not that hot and the weather is pretty good for a hiking trip.

Ban Khao Yai is a National Park along Parchinburi Province. I haven't seen much farangs in there but the place is a forest! I don't do hikings much in my life and this time was a challenge for me.;-) We went early in the morning and toured the best ways around. You will pay 200baht for entrance and for thai people only 20baht. As for us, we look like a Thai so,paid for only 20baht!haha

It's advisable to go there with service(car/van) as it's too far from the main highways. There are inns in there if you like it. Restaurant infront of the guest houses. I've seen farangs with very small thai ladies..Forgive me but it gave so much attention to me as the old man were too big for the thai young girls...Pity.

Fondest memory: The pic was taken just outside in the Information Center.

• Lake

Man made lake

Favorite thing: This lake is just across the Information Center. And as far as I can remember this was the most quiet time of my life! There isn't anybody in there except me and hubby and the care taker of the Info Center.

There few butterflies around playing but it was beginning to rain so, we have to rush find a place for the morning.

• Bridges to cross

Greeny

Favorite thing: There are alot of this scene in here. Some has monkies playing around. I'm not really good with animals. As I had a bad experience with them..Well, I'm not gonna full this page with that experience. But as you can notice in my pictures here, its all about the Forest!;-)

Fondest memory: This bridge is just near the Restaurant.

• Big Trees along by

by yen_2 Updated Feb 19, 2004

Favorite thing: I've seen alot of these scences years back in my home country. Big tall trees and they didn't cut it instead they leave it as is..It's cool though..

Most of my memories here doesn't include those wild animals as it was a very rainy trip we had and the deers were hiding apart from the viewing decks. I've seen alot of monkies but didn't took one of them..They have elephants but I had enough of them,too.:(

Sambar Deer

Sambar Deer

Favorite thing: I'm pretty sure this is the Sambar Deer. But I could be wrong... We saw well over 100 of them in our 3 days in the park. This shot is taken right near a parking lot near the Nam Tok Hew Suwat waterfall. There were a couple others hiding under the trees too. The reason I got to see these is that it started raining so we were leaving the falls and we noticed these guys hanging out on the edge of the parking lot.

Visitor Center

Vistor Center

Favorite thing: At the visitor center you can find any information that you want about the park. Hiking trails, safefy concerns etc... There are some interesting displays too. My son enjoyed the stuffed Tiger. It had to be killed as it attacked and killed a child a few years back. so now it it's on permanent display.

Gong Gheo Waterfall

Gong Gheo Falls

Favorite thing: There is a short but interesting hike to take right behind the Visitor Center. It ended up being alot more interesting than I thought it was going to be. We ended up seeing a 5-6 foot Monitor Lizard right in the beginning and later on we spotted the huge Green Scorpion. At the water fall I spotted some sort of big Turtle but it scurried off over the rocks before I could get a photo of it. There wasn't much water at these falls though.

Small Suspension Bridge

Suspension Bridge

Favorite thing: To get across the river to Gong Gheo waterfall trail you will have to cross this suspension bridge. My son was having a little too much fun jumping up and down on it and scaring his friends Ooy and Gop.He was laughing but they wanted to throw him in the river. From this bridge is where we spotted the Monitor Lizard swimming in the river.

• herzog63's Profile Photo

Early morning beauty along the trail

by herzog63 Updated Aug 16, 2003

Morning Hike

Favorite thing: It had rained most of the night. So I loved seeing the early morning fog breaking up that was holding over the river and seeing the sun cast it's morning rays over the freshly soaked fields and the bugs where humming with joy!! I wish I had carried some sort of sound recording device as the locusts and other field bugs where sure loud!!

Fondest memory: If you are the lead hiker in the morning you will remember this!! There are spider webs across the trail at about every 20 feet or so and they seemed to be built at the level of my face! I finally picked up a stick and waved it in front of me to keep the webs out of my eyes and mouth!! This seemed to work very well.

Early morning hikes

by herzog63 Written Aug 14, 2003

Early morning hike

Favorite thing: There are some great hiking to be done in the park. After the elephant viewing didn't happen we continued along the path down past the watering hole. As you can see from the picture my sons shoes aren't what most people would consider hiking apparel. But that's what our whole group hiked in...Flip Flops. We could have had some major problems because of this but every turned out ok....only a few leeches!

Hiking paths

by herzog63 Written Aug 15, 2003

My friend Pla on a hike

Favorite thing: There are various grades of hiking trails to be found in Khao Yai. From wide dirt trails to narrow paths through dense jungle to slippery rocks to get to some of the water falls. Some of the wide paths are just little more than a casual walk without much difficulty. In the photo you can see one of the wide paths. This one leads to the game viewing platform near th KM 35 turnout. You will want to pack drinking water as there aren't any places along the way to refill your bottles.

Fondest memory: The Red Dirt of Khao Yai is pretty cool. We don't have that were I'm from in Alaska so I found it to be quite interesting.

• Bicycles lined up..for rent

by yen_2 Updated Feb 19, 2004

Favorite thing: If you fancy riding a bicycles around the Park, you can rent in this station. I think,it's just after a couple of walk down from the Info Center. I didn't had the time to ask how much it would cost because it wasn't open at all. Or maybe it was closed forever. Pity me!

All I did in here was just breath the clean air. It's chilly in here too. So, bring some sweater if it pleases you. I had one tho..I just love the laid back mountain and the sound of the birds..Nah, we just hike!

• WAterfalls

by yen_2 Updated Feb 19, 2004

Favorite thing: Haew Suwat Walterfall is too far from the main park. Aside from the very risky road to go there, it was beginning to rain. The falls itself is not that very pretty. You will view it from the top not from below the flowing water. The cool breeze of the wind is amazing. That was a great consolation, though.

There's a stagnant water from the side of the waterfalls and it was pretty to take pics..

• Looking through...

by yen_2 Updated Feb 19, 2004

Favorite thing: Some of the visitors were looking through the waterfalls from the cliff. So, decided to take a with her. But just be very carefull when you view it. It's a bit of scarey. I think, it's noct advisable for kids to run around as they might fall, you know!

• Wann's Profile Photo

Crowded on weekend

by Wann Written Dec 14, 2004

crowded on the cliff

Favorite thing: As the distance is not so far from cities, Khao Yai National Park can be so crowded especially on weekend, long weekend or Thai public holidays, so better consider about this if you don’t want to be in crowded.

• Mountain Climbing
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Camping

Instant Answers: Ban Khao Yai

Comments

Ban Khao Yai Favorites

Reviews and photos of Ban Khao Yai favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ban Khao Yai sightseeing.