Chakraphong Mosque, Bangkok

Know about this? Rate It!

• imran8852's Profile Photo

Mahanak Mosque

by imran8852 Written Jun 6, 2009

Favorite thing: We were reluctant on giving Mahanak Mosque a visit as the taxi drivers were either trying to rip us off, reluctant or acted plain dumb when we wanted to go to Mahanak. We persevered, kept on asking and finally found a good driver to transport us there. We were surprised when we arrived as we thought it was just a mosque smack in the heart of Bangkok, But Mahanak Mosque is actually surrounded around rows of shops selling Muslims necessities and we also noticed couples of Muslims walking around. Mahanak Mosque itself wasn't up to par if compared to Chakrapong Mosque in our opinion but if your looking for some Muslimah wear in Bangkok, Do drop by Mahanak Mosque!

Fondest memory: Different cultures, lifestyle, food and many more compared to boring Singapore.

• Adventure Travel
    • Religious Travel

• imran8852's Profile Photo

Chakraphong Mosque

by imran8852 Updated Jun 6, 2009

The mosque entrance.

Favorite thing: Chakraphong Mosque is situated at Chakraphong Road but is very secluded & not so easy to find. A map would be very handy in finding the mosque (Pls. See Inserted Map) but you can find it if you ask the locals or the taxi drivers around. We stumbled upon this old mosque on our way looking for 'Halal' food. You have to walk right in down the 'soi' & you'll find it. We revisited the mosque recently in May 09 and noticed the mosque's surroundings looks clean and well maintained now. So, If you're interested to mingle with some local Muslims around this area, maybe you should pay a visit to this mosque!

Fondest memory: So Many Thing!

• Adventure Travel

• edachsund's Profile Photo

edachsund's General Tip

by edachsund Written Aug 26, 2002

Fondest memory: After I reach Hualampong, I just followed my step. Donno where exactly it bring me but definately to Khao San Road. Fantastic, along the way to the place I viewed plenty of temples. a huge temple. But this picture shown is a mosque I've taken it while I was in Hatyai.

Instant Answers: Bangkok