Tailors, Bangkok

Know about this? Rate It!

sleeveless shirts
    lots of shirts
    buying shirts
  • puma_2002's Profile Photo

Just one night

by puma_2002 Written Jan 21, 2013

Favorite thing: The city is polluted,smelly and crowded but definitely worth no more than one night to look around the city. Plenty of places to shop but getting around with the congested traffic takes time. *important* on our first day we had a guy in a suit in his 50's what we thought accidentally bump into us apologise and strike up a conversation. He suggested a few malls to check out and before we knew it he was ushering a taxi to take us to one of them. We get in take off end up at a suit shop we query why there the driver says he will take us to the mall just have a quick look very cheap. We look around being showed suits everywhere which we didn't need/want. We said no they got nasty so we got out of there real quick! What we learnt was the whole thing was a setup from te start with the guy in the suit to the handy taxi driver close by. Be on your toes apparently that type of setup is normal.

Fondest memory: The chaos was fun for one night

• Beer Tasting

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Buying Shirts in Bangkok

by machomikemd Written Oct 23, 2012

sleeveless shirts

Favorite thing: Bangkok has a vibrant garments industry due to it's cheap labor costs and available raw materials in the country, hence it produces cheap but quality garments and shirts so that even the neighboring countries in south east asia come to thailand to buy these garments and shirts by the bulk and retail them to their countries. They also have good fashion designers and good at copying the latest trends hence bangkok is a budget fashionista's dream. for the men, buying cheap but quality shirts here is a must and you can have deeper discounts at the whole sale outlets like in Platinum Mall or at Chatuchak Weekend Market or at MBK or around the Pratunam market area f you buy three or more shirts. price of the high quality t-shirts with embossed logos like singha beer or chang beer or red bull or other brands and even good copies of hard rock cafe t-shirts or Heineken T-Shirts. the high quality ones cost 180 baht for a single piece and it goes down to 150 baht if you buy three or more and 140 baht if you buy 10 or more. for the lower quality ones, the price is 100 baht and less, depending on the number you buy.

Fondest memory: the cheap but good quality t-shirts, even the ones with imitated logos in it (counterfeit items ok)

• bulldogtwo's Profile Photo

Bangkok Tailors

by bulldogtwo Written Feb 14, 2009

Favorite thing: Recommend Raja Tailors. Go to Sukhumvit rd and soi 4 near Nana Plaza. Raja can take you to his wife's shop accross the srteet, Sukhumvit where she can make you a dress or other women's garments of any style. Make sure you have enough time set aside for fittings.
    Good luck

• bulldogtwo's Profile Photo

Raja Fashion/Tailors

by bulldogtwo Written Sep 12, 2008

Favorite thing: Sorry, wish I were there to take a look for you!! I am sure however that Raja's is still there. He has been in business for 30+ years and reputable. Short of something drastic happening in his family I doubt that he has quit the business, either way his son Bobby or brother Jesse wouldv'e taken over.
    Good luck, I bet another VT member that is there in BKK will confirm for you soon.

• Lozza_9's Profile Photo

buy yourself a few suits when...

by Lozza_9 Updated Mar 4, 2003

Favorite thing: buy yourself a few suits when you visit Bangkok. It takes them 1-2 days( depending on the shop) to make a perfect suit. The price depends on the quality of the material used. I bought a suit for £60 and its the best suit I have ever had. If you wear suits, this is ABSOLUTELY MUST. BECRAEFULL, loads of crap places. When you fly over, look in the booklets on the plan. They advertise all the best or ask at your hotel.

• Hambonekid's Profile Photo

One of the objectives I set,...

by Hambonekid Written Sep 12, 2002

Favorite thing: One of the objectives I set, and achieved, was the purchase of custom made suits. I purchased high quality silk and gabardine mens suits, sport jackets and slacks for les than half of what I would have paid in the United States. The service was very special and I am more than satisfied with the merchandise and have purchased 2 more suits by mail. The photo on this page is of me in one of my silk sport coats, shirt and tie with slacks. This complet outfit cost $350 USD.

Fondest memory: The absence of politics and racial discrimination. The pleasantness of the people permeates the country everywhere you go. You are welcomed and made to feel a part of the culture. I hired a taxi all day and each day I was in Thailand. It cost $75 USD per day. I honestly felt that the driver sincerely emphasized my satisfaction first and honestly believed the price to be fair. This was particularly beneficial in that we had convenient access to airconditioned transportation in 95-100 degree temperatures, with 95% humidity everyday.

• Pierre_Rouss's Profile Photo

Thai ties

by Pierre_Rouss Updated Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: Just for the fun of it, buy some Thai ties. It's fun to say.
    Silk ties are not too expensive and are of very good quality. Thailand is a good place to buy some as some other surrounding countries will only have batik ties but not silk. Same comments for scarves.

Instant Answers: Bangkok