Thai Massages, Bangkok

Know about this? Rate It!

• Thai Massages
    by syllybabe
  • Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Thai Massage

by Ewingjr98 Updated Nov 13, 2006

Favorite thing: My second night in Bangkok, I met a few locals at one of the Buddhist Temples. After a few minutes of chatting, they offered to take me to get a traditional Thai Massage, I was very leery of their offer (especially since I was traveling alone), but I weighed the risks and decided to tag along... if I ran into trouble, I could easily get away.

They told me the place as completely legitimate (i.e. no sex), and they were regulars. We took a taxi to Thonburi on the west side of the Chao Praya River to a huge massage parlor (sorry, but I don't know the name). We walked inside ot an area that looked just like a bar, and my "guides" told me I had to choose a masseuse. We walked into the next room where there were 50 or more girls of all ages, shapes, and sizes sitting on red carpeted steps that went up four levels (like stadium bleachers, only much nicer!). We scanned the choices then went back for a few Chang beers. Then we returned to the viewing areas, chose a masseuse by the number she wore, and headed up the massage rooms.

Upon entering the room, I changed into baggy cotton pajama bottoms with a short sleeve top. My chosen masseuse came in, and she didn't speak a word of English, so I told my guide I wanted a two-hour massage and a beer. The room had two beds and a TV. I received the best massage of my life for the next two hours while watching some crazy Thai game show and drinking a beer. The masseuse just thought the whole thing was funny.

• bijo69's Profile Photo

Relax!

by bijo69 Updated Apr 6, 2006

Favorite thing: Bangkok is a great place to spoil yourself a little bit! There are many places which offer different kinds of massages and beauty treatments to affordable prices.
    There's a good spa on Rambutri Road (parallel to Khao San Rd), had a Thai massage there every evening :). 1hr costs around 200 THB.
    More info on Shewa Spa

• Spa and Resort

• xaver's Profile Photo

Massage

by xaver Updated Dec 19, 2005

walking

Favorite thing: After a full day of walking around temples taking your shoes on and off, then walking to another temple and then to the chinese area and then to a market, the only fondest memory you can ask for is a very good massage!Make sure to book it in your hotel or to take information about where to find a good one, when you get back from the excursions!

• silvia_chang's Profile Photo

Thai Massage

by silvia_chang Updated Jun 22, 2005

Lek Foot Massage

Favorite thing: Lek Foot Massage
    412/3 Siam Square Soi 6 Patumwan
    Near BTS Siam station
    Tel: 0 2658 3930-1

Fondest memory: I love Thai Massage!! When I walking all the day, the best way to relax is massage. I met a local and he took me to "Lek Foot Massage". I choose the whole body massage, 500B/ 2hrs per person.

It's not cheap, but the room is very clean and has good service. A massage could relieve your legs, arms, back and neck. Try it!!

• carolerica's Profile Photo

A foot massage with an extended notion of feet!

by carolerica Written May 31, 2004

Favorite thing: There are hundreds of massage parlours in Bangkok, some are amazing, and some are really crappy... some only offers you a very limited choice of massages, and others a huge variety!
    Well, I found one that I'm particularly found of, simply because the massage is good, done by really professional masseuses, and offering little extras that makes you feel so goooooood.
    For exemple, you wish a foot massage.
    Fine, 200 Baths for an hour, OK. But once this hour is passed, the masseuse proceeds to massage you facem head, neck, shoulders, arms, tighs... 20 extra minuts of pure bliss..... hummmm

Fondest memory: Interested?
    The name of the place is: YARDPET FOOT MASSAGE
    The adress: 3/30 Sukhumvit Soi 18, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
    Phone: 02.260.28.06
    It's situated exactly in front of The Admiral's restaurant and Pub (see my restaurant tip about this really nice place), and really it's worth it!
    Enjoy

• ShirlyZ's Profile Photo

MASSAGE

by ShirlyZ Written May 25, 2004

Ruen

Favorite thing: You must try the Thai massage in Thailand. After a long tired travel in Thailand..it's feel great to have a nice Aroma Massage..Believe me you will love it!

Fondest memory: Recommended Massage Location:
    Open Hour: 10am - 10 pm

• norain's Profile Photo

The original Thai massage

by norain Written Nov 1, 2003

Favorite thing: The original Thai massage is an integral part of the knowledge developed by the Buddhist approach to medicine and body conciousness. It is best experienced in one of the temples where it is often taught as well.

• syllybabe's Profile Photo

Thai Massage and Lake View

by syllybabe Written Jan 31, 2003

Lake View

Favorite thing: Have a home spa massage. You can choose among several packages such as aromatherapy, royal thai massage, foot reflexology, exfoliating massage, facials, etc. I had a ninety minute aromatherapy massage for 1200 baht...to have one at the Home Garden Spa across the street would be 650 but I don't mind paying the difference to have it done in my room. The uniformed masseuse comes with a basket with all you'd need to transform your bedroom or living room into a home spa....a mat, robe, oils, aroma jar and candles, cd's of soothing thai music, etc.

Fondest memory: We get this view every night from the apartment where we stayed. After a massage, a cup of ginger tea, and totally relaxed company, the busy traffic and scorching heat of the city becomes bearable.

• Make a visit to the Oriental...

by artlady Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Make a visit to the Oriental Spa. They treat you like royalty. I just had a massage, but next time, I will get a half day package.

Fondest memory: The people in Thailand are so friendly and helpful! Everyone I met (except a few touts on the street) were sincerely nice.

Instant Answers: Bangkok