Cabaret Shows, Bangkok

Know about this? Rate It!

• perseushermes's Profile Photo

Cabaret Shows - Mambo: Entertainment to Spice the night

by perseushermes Updated Sep 7, 2005

Mambo Cabaret
    Show times : every night at 8:30 PM and 10 PM

The price is 500 Baht per ticket (includes a drink).

The show is professional and entertaining. You will also get a chance to take a photo with them (and you have to pay a price of that photo taken with them). I took some shots of the performance.

You will enjoy Mambo. A sneek peek!

Dress Code: You have to dress neat and tidy.
    No Shorts, please!

Mambo Rock
    • Singles
    • Gay and Lesbian

• Pete.Gibson's Profile Photo

Cabaret Shows - Calypso and Mambo: Boys and Girls!!

by Pete.Gibson Written Sep 19, 2005

At first i wasnt sure if it was the right thing to do , Taking the family to watch a show of ladyboys dancing, What a prude!!!! The show was great very professional we had booked our seats a couple of days before and i'm glad we did the place was heaving.
    You get to meet the cast after the proformance, it very hard to beleive they are or have been Men !!!!!!

Dress Code: Smart casual seemed to be the order of the day

• Luxury Travel

• fattytuna's Profile Photo

Mambo: Pretty 'girls'

by fattytuna Updated Sep 27, 2006

Mambo has been around for many years. I recall when I was little, going to Mambo was almost a must when people went to Bangkok. After hearing this famous 'girls' show for many years, I finally have the chance to see for myself.

Unfortunately, it was pretty disappointing. Both my girl friend and I felt disappointed about the performance. Maybe we were fussy. We are that kind of people.

From the songs the 'girls' sang, I could tell the performance was pretty much targetted for Chinese tourists. And there were only a couple westerners the night we attended the place.

It's ok for the girls doing lip-singing but they dance pretty poorly and other performers were equally lousy.

The place itself was old too, certainly need some major rennovation.

The 'girls' were pretty, but that was only one part of the whole thing. For the kind of price they charged, I felt I had been ripped-off (slightly).

Dress Code: No dress code

• carolineraat's Profile Photo

One of the Cabarets. We...

by carolineraat Written Aug 24, 2002

One of the Cabarets. We visited Calypso.
    Thailand has many Katuy, travestites, who seems to be quiet well accepted here. They are amazing! Sometimes you just cannot tell what they are! In the show they sing and dance and do all sorts of serious and funny acts.

Dress Code: Some tourists come in shorts, but the Thai themselves are always well-dressed.

• Cabaret Show - Calypso: Enjoy the Lady-Boys of Bangkok

by MarFar Written Jul 23, 2009

The Calypso cabaret held at the Asia Hotel is well worth going to see. The Lady-Boys are fascinating and perform a very slick show with good choreography and costuming. The downside would be a few of the soundtracks used - some are not as clear as one might hope for. The Shirley Bassey impersonator is hilarious. Do look up the cabaret on the internet so you know what you are letting yourself in for. We booked through the tour operator at our hotel and were picked up and returned so no transport hassles.

Dress Code: tidy.

• Music

• Cabaret Shows - Calypso and Mambo: Interesting experience for firstimers

by xucclf Written Aug 28, 2012

This is my second time watching the Calypso Cabaret. Even though the show had some itinerary update, it really is not worth going a second time, unless you have nothing else better to do on a Bangkok night.
    Also, it seems the show has toned down a little from the first time I went, less boobs now although there are still "accidental" slips which still seems to be timed too perfectly.

For a more thorough review and how to get there, please visit my blog:

Dress Code: Casual