Patpong, Bangkok

Between Surawong and Silom Roads

Know about this? Rate It!

• ok
    ok
  • Treshi's Profile Photo

Patpong: Boring!!!

by Treshi Written May 7, 2013

Went there to a live show which we found to be quite boring. The show went on for about 30 - 45 mins and the performers didnt seem to be very active. Ok for a first time traveller.

Dress Code: Not really matter, Usual casual would do.

• Women's Travel
    • Castles and Palaces

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Patpong: Where Shopping and Sleaze are side by side (2)

by machomikemd Updated Oct 12, 2012

ok

Part Two of my Patpong Nightlife Tips with more pictures around patpong, particularly the girly joint bars. I will have a separate Tips for the Patpong Night Market at Patpong 1 and at the other areas of Patpong in Silom hehhehe.

Patpong maybe notoriously world famous at the quintissential Red Light District In Bangkok but it is not the only Red Light District in bangkok. in fact is has become sort of gentrified as there are lots of stalls for the night markets that tend to cover the notorious girlie bars in Patpong. While Patpong is internationally known as a red light district at the heart of Bangkok's sex industry, the city in fact has numerous red-light districts like Nana Plaza (see my tips), Soi Cowboy, Sukhumvit Soi 7-1 (will do a tip), Thonglor, etc and these joints have no night market to cover the entrance to the area hehehe. Patpong consists of two parallel side streets running between Silom Road and Surawong Road and one side street running from the opposite side of Surawong. Patpong is within walking distance of the SkyTrain's Sala Daeng Station, and Bangkok Metro's Si Lom Station.

Patpong 1 is the main street with many bars of various kinds. Patpong 2 also has many similar bars. Next to these lies Soi Jaruwan, sometimes referred to as Patpong 3 but best known as Silom Soi 4 or Soi Kathoey (for gay men who loves ladyboys). Soi Thaniya has expensive bars with Thai hostesses that cater almost exclusively to Japanese men. Most Patpong go-go bars feature women dancing on a stage. The dancers (and even occasionally the serving staff) are generally available to customers willing to pay a bar fine to take them out of the bar; the fees for sexual services are negotiated separately. Some establishments advertising "massages" are in fact disguised brothels, and a few notorious "blowjob bars" offer oral sex in back rooms. Famous of which is LOLITA's BJ Bar which has a Branch near Nana Plaza.

Several upstairs bars has the notorious sex shows, with women performing various creative acts. the most notorious of these features women performing exotic feats involving their genitalia and projectile table tennis balls (but beware in going to these ping pong shows as they are run by scam artists that jack up the ladies drinks and charge you a cover charge in a few thousand baht with threat of physical harm of the burly bouncers if you don' pay up!). The Tourist Police, usually stationed at Patpong 1 and Silom Road, can help in these situations.

Dress Code: None, You Don't Need a dress code to watch SLEAZE!

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Patpong: Where Shopping and Sleaze are side by side(1)

by machomikemd Updated Oct 12, 2012

Market at Left, Sleaze at Right!

This will be my Patpong Nightlife Tips part one, I will have a separate Tips for the Patpong Night Market at Patpong 1 and at the other areas of Patpong in Silom hehhehe.

Patpong maybe notoriously world famous at the quintissential Red Light District In Bangkok but it is not the only Red LightDistrict in bangkok. in fact is has become sort of gentrified as there are lots of stalls for the night markets that tend to cover the notorious girlie bars in Patpong. While Patpong is internationally known as a red light district at the heart of Bangkok's sex industry, the city in fact has numerous red-light districts like Nana Plaza (see my tips), Soi Cowboy, Sukhumvit Soi 7-1 (will do a tip), Thonglor, etc and these joints have no night market to cover the entrance to the area hehehe. Patpong consists of two parallel side streets running between Silom Road and Surawong Road and one side street running from the opposite side of Surawong. Patpong is within walking distance of the SkyTrain's Sala Daeng Station, and Bangkok Metro's Si Lom Station.

Dress Code: None, You Don't Need a dress code to watch SLEAZE!

• Gay and Lesbian

• Patpong: Patpong Sex Show (Ping Pong Show) SCAM!!!

by mein84 Written Aug 7, 2012

Tourist should beware when in Pat Pong district. PLEASE DON'T EVER GO IN THE PING PONG SHOW / SEX SHOWS! IT IS A SCAM!!

I was travelling with my husband and we were offered to watch the ping pong shows just for 100Baht each for a drink (beer, soft drinks, red bull etc). The guy led us to a 1st floor bar. I was worried as the bar looked dark and with closed door. I asked my husband is it safe as i worried later they just simply charged us with a huge bill. My husband saw some Mat Salleh came down happily and thus we think it must be safe and it is a proper show and business. We took the offer and stayed for around 15 minutes ordering 1 Sprite & 1 Red bull. Then a Mamasan came to our table and gave us our bill which cost 2,800 Baht!!! They just simply wrote and billed us!!!

This is their bill and we are like WTF??!!
    2 x Drinks = 600 Baht
    Show = 1,600 Baht
    2 x Ladies Drinks = 600 Baht
    TOTAL 2,800 Baht

I was arguing with the Mamasan as we just ordered 2 drinks which costs 100 Baht each. How come the drinks is 600 Baht & ladies drinks is 600 Baht?? The Mamasan told us that this is AUTOMATIC!!! What the heck! I told her that our total bill should be 200 Baht only as the guy who brought us up said that the show is FREE OF CHARGE!! All we need is just pay for the drink which costs 100 Baht each. The Mamasan told us that she didn't know who is the guy which i am mentioning about as there are so many guys here and she doesn't know who the guy is. The Mamasan shouted at us and ask us to PAY FOR THE BILL 2,800 Baht! I told her we will pay later (as im trying to seek for help and delayed her time) but she just refused to leave our table and blocked us! I saw a gang of Mat Salleh and tried to seek for help but falied. The Mamasan shouted and screamed at me and blocked all my way out. My husband was nervous and he said just pay and treat it as a lesson. We would still want to go back to our homeland safe and sound.

Once we paid the bill, the Mamasan let us go down and out of the bar. I met the gang of Mat Salleh downstairs and asked him whether how much they pay for the bill? He told me 100 Baht for each drink!! OMG!!! These people really bully Asian people like us as we are petite compare to Mat Salleh!!!

These people are REAL CHEATERS! Tourist, please do not ever go to PatPong area!!! This is a true story and wat a horrible experience of mine!

• Rinjani's Profile Photo

Patpong: Goo Goo in Patpong

by Rinjani Written Jun 10, 2012
    Patpong Road at Night

Curious by Patpong area, me and my friend Rika, walked and explore the area at night. The area is two between Silom and Surawongse Roads, we took MRT from Ashok and walked. The night we went was light rain and not as vibrant as we thought. But still, as we walked through neon lite houses, the guys tried to approach us to sell tickets for the show. We didn’t see many girls in the street (tourists) that night. After embarrassingly watching row of muscular men dancing on the table, shortly we decided that we had enough to see.

• Patpong: Tourists Beware when in Patpong

by engrantonio Written Oct 24, 2011

Tourist should beware when in Pat Pong district. I was travelling with my wife and we were offered to watch one of the adult shows just for 100Baht each and we could leave if we didnt want to continue. We took the offer and stayed for around 5 minutes ordering 2 sodas. The we were being charged 2,800Baht for watching. They told us that they didnt know the man we talked to and that was their real rates. They closed the door and a man quickly grabbed me. The lady bar owner insisted that we pay 2,800baht. when i argued and my wife was hysterical i handed over 600baht and they let us go. These people are real cheaters and should not be trusted, they abound in thailand and i think they are disgrace to the King of Thailand and the entire Thai people.

• rafighi's Profile Photo

Patpong: Red Light District

by rafighi Written Jun 12, 2011
    Taxis around Patpong

Full of exotic shows and ladies. Bar girls invite you to have a drink, watch sexy shows and maybe choose a girl. The normal rate for 1 beer is 120 baht.
    Be aware of the men sticking to you and insist to introduce you beautiful girls. Most of them are lying.
    The fees for the girls vary from bar to bar and girl to girl.

• Patpong: Beware of the door ladies

by ein Written Nov 16, 2009

I normally go to Patpong to my watering hole called Music. It's just bands and it's safe. On my way to a cab I was accosted by a girl and invited to a show. I thought why not for the heck of it. Next thing I knew after a couple of drinks I was ganged up on by 5 people including a Ladyboy who claimed the club was run by the Thai Mafia. Lets just say it was very upsetting and a bad example of Thai hospitality. Also they have been targeting female lone gullible female travelers they can scare. So people beware of ladies who approach you and just keep walking. If you still want to have a good time at go to Music or Radio. You will be left alone there.

Dress Code: Casual attire is very much ok.

• Music

• Patpong: Pat Pong

by volopolo Updated Aug 18, 2009

Patpong

The famous nightlife in Bangkok and very famous in all world. Night Bars, Bazaar and many more..

Information

Second photo: Patpong
    Third photo: Patpong
    Forth photo: Entrance to Patpong road
    Fifth photo: Bar in Patpong

Dress Code: Nothing Special. Any kind!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

by Jim_Eliason Updated Jan 18, 2009

Patpong

Patpong is one of those places you have to see just to say you saw it. My personal experience observing it as a single male is that it was very difficult to enjoy being there as I was constantly harrased by the hawkers and the girls of the strip clubs to enter their club. Someone asking is one thing but they literally grab you or follow you and try to lead you into a club. There is of course more to Patpong than the strip bars. There are restaurants and a large night market specializing in tourist goods. The key was to stay in the market lanes in the middle of the street and away from the sidewalks where all the clubs were.

• kenningst's Profile Photo

Patpong: Patpong

by kenningst Written Sep 20, 2008

People come to Patpong for 2 reasons. 1 is to shop along the many stalls which sell fake goods and another it to visit the many ah-go go bars or pubs in this area. Becareful when you visit the ah-go go bars or pubs here as there have been many reports on SCAMS happening around this area. If you really want to have a good night out here, I suggest you do more reading and research. I didn't want to even have an inking of getting scammed and so I left and went to places that I was more familiar with.

• im_bubs's Profile Photo

Patpong: Red light Special

by im_bubs Written Sep 10, 2008

Patpong is a redlight district and famous for the Pingpong show. where the performers stuck in pingpongs in their organs. We come to this night club only by ou tourguide. This club has no name and is located near Somboon. its hidden in a parking space and only foreigners are allowed to come in. The place was ok and the people inside are very tamed because we are all foreigners. but the show was like a circus!! Evrything, I mean everything pops out of the Girls organ, strings, yarns with bell, string with blades, banana, blowing of candles, used as bottle opener and of course pingpong balls. hehehehee This was a great experience and laughing trip. Women are also allowed inside with no worries. You asked your guide about this place. It cost us 600 BAht per person including the taci ride to that place. im_bubs@yahoo.com

Dress Code: Bring your Humor

• Theme Park Trips

• YaaDong's Profile Photo

Patpong: You Buy Me Cola?

by YaaDong Updated Aug 22, 2008

Patpong road is a well know red light district located between Silom road and Suriwong road.It was founded by the Patpongpanich family in the 1960s.
    Patpong is two streets with both downstairs and upstairs bars.The best known and established bars are the King's group bars ,the smaller individual ones like Cosmos,Crown Royale and the Madrid.Most of the upstairs bars are "clip joints" in which you can get into some serious trouble if your not careful.I've heard of people having to fight their way out rather than paying a very fat bill.So before you venture up make sure you know which bar is safe.
    Patpong looks very run down and dirty in daylight but when the sun goes down ,the music starts and the neon shines .It's one of those places most Westerners and Thais want to see.However alot are disgusted afterwards.Whatever you feel ,just remember most people who work there are not there by choice.Also do not asume that all Thailand is just Patpong .

• expatbangkok's Profile Photo

Patpong: Ping pong shows

by expatbangkok Written Jul 21, 2008

I think most of the clientelle are women. It's more of a novelty than a 'man gets his tackle out and has a wank in the bar' type of scenario. Though you might see that too.
    The upstairs sex-shows are notorious as many people (myself included) have been harassed into paying highly inflated prices for drinks. Some people try to argue at the bar, often turning into beatings. In my case, I paid the bill and returned with the tourist police who got my money back. Tourist police are there for your benefit and are different from the regular police who are generally useless and corrupt.

• clueless83's Profile Photo

Patpong: Patpong? Pingpong!

by clueless83 Written Jun 29, 2008

Gay bars

I went to Patpong thinking it was one thing and getting a shock when I realised it was full of gay bars and strip clubs. The market isn't really worth going to, especially as every few steps you take you get asked if you want to see a pingpong show!

I have written a travelogue about this if you want to hear about my brief experience in Patpong.

Instant Answers: Bangkok

• May 7, 2014 at 11:57 AM

We went in Patpong silom tonight with my friend from papau guniea for holiday vacation..

while we walking in the street someone offered us sex show for 100 baht each person free drink ..seems we never experience this kind of show , we accepted the offer bcoz of "curiosity"..

the girl ask for drink and we ordered 2 cola's , seems it was boring we decided to go outside and ask the bill..

we shocked when we saw the bill it cost us 3,800 baht , I can speak thai and I ask why our bill cost 3,800baht , she told me don't complain your not thai , and my friend was very scared and she gave money to her, I ask them again to give me receipt but they refused ...

they shouting us and they can hurt us ..

when we pay they allowed us to go outside..i ask thai people in the market and they told me only 200-300 baht only ..I ask again and again , I noticed that the owner of the bar followed us while walking in the street..he called us and he explained about the bill but we are very upset , he gave back the 1000 baht , he charged us 1000 baht each ..

they are scammers and crazy people ..so for all tourist don't ever ever go to Patpong Pubs and Clubs. they are dangerous people ..they don't care about tourist but they care only money ..