Patpong, Bangkok

Between Surawong and Silom Roads

Know about this? Rate It!

• ok
    ok
  • dfactor's Profile Photo

Patpong: Ping Pong show any1?

by dfactor Updated May 24, 2008

Patpong in the day

This place is definitely not for kids, walk into one of the clubs if your heart fancy. And see what the "amazing ladies" can do for you. They may temp you to go in with very nomimal entrance fee, but once inside, they are going to ask for every Baht you can afford to give. Everything they do in there comes with a Baht sign, everything your Baht can buy....

• mthl79's Profile Photo

Patpong: beware of people who tells you live show

by mthl79 Written May 22, 2008

Patpong use to be "the" nightlife sex entertainment there is in Bangkok, however over the years, there have been other entertainment spot that comes out.

The quality and service of patpong has drop tremendously, hence many have complaint of theft and rip off from patpong, One thing that you need to beware being a first timer is people coming up to you saying free show and its cheap, if you followed them, they will bring you to the 1st floor of the club, there is indeed a show but then its not cheap, 100bath for a bottle beer (standard price) but when the bill comes, Its 1600bath, why 1000bath for show (which never mention) 100bath for the beer, 300bath for ladies drink (which I am not sure which lady, cause there is none) and another 200bath for tips) now. The best part is the show is done by a fat lady. To me this is a real rip off.

Even the website didn't mention much about Patpong, as I know there isn't much to say about them, guess they know it's not worth mentioning, sad to see that it has become in such state.

Now I know why people is swaying away from Patpong and find other entertainment, However you do spot some nice and relaxing bars in the area, one of it is Cosmo Bar, located in Patpong 1.

Dress Code: No specific dress code

• toughtown's Profile Photo

Pat Pong: Gettin' Dirty with designer accessories!

by toughtown Written Oct 23, 2007

View while walking through Patpong

Pat Pong is probably the most infamous spot in Bangkok. Along and around the alleyways of this street you will find an assortmant of strip clubs, brothels, message parlors, and sex shows. There are even extremely shady alleyways dedicated to every fetish known to man. In the middle of all of this you will find a strange oddity, countless vendors hawking knock off watches, wallets, purses, belts, and jeans. So while partaking in the infinite debauchary, why not look good while doing it?

Dress Code: What ever the hell you want!

• travelpug's Profile Photo

Patpong: shopping, drinking, and more...

by travelpug Written Oct 7, 2007

Patpong is the place to go at night. It has a night market that sells pretty much the same souvenirs/ products as Chatuchak market. Only the price is higher, of course. Don't forget to haggle!

There are bars with strip shows. There is a seperate street with gay bars. However, I found that the overall atmosphere is not as fun as in Khao San Road if you are not into those sexy shows. And I hate the 'sales men' from the bars that follow you and ask you to go to their bars for shows. They won't take no for an answer. Very irritating!

• csyeo's Profile Photo

Patpong: Japanese Soi

by csyeo Written Aug 5, 2007

Full of Japanese words

There is a Soi (street) special cater for Japanese tourist, all the information featured here are all in Japanese language. This is one of the top notch places for people who willing to spend more.

Dress Code: Causal, I guess....

• csyeo's Profile Photo

Ago-go Bar: Night Life in Patpong

by csyeo Written Aug 5, 2007

Part of the Patpong

Plenty of Ago-go pub, bars and night clubs situated in Patpong. There are Patpong I and Patpong II , actually not much different. Don't fool by the physical appearance of the ladies dancers here, some of them are actually Ladyboys.

Once you enter the ago-go bar, there is a pool of sexy dancers on the stage. Customer can invite the lady who caught their eyes for a lady drink, cost about 100 Baht. Further activities require negotiation.

Dress Code: Casual.

• Aquacraig's Profile Photo

Patpong: Patpong exploration!

by Aquacraig Written May 6, 2007

Good spot for singles or adventurous couples, but dont accidently walk the kids here following the night markets ! The menus for the bar shows are shoved in your face at every turn. You name they do it here! The menus include all the different things the girls do inside the bars.
    Must go through a lot of eggplants here!!!

Most of the shop stalls here are overpriced anyhow.....

Dress Code: forget it.....

• Business Travel

• markjunior's Profile Photo

Patpong-: patpong rip off

by markjunior Written Jan 21, 2007

Free entrance show/go-go bars with cheap drink offers are just that,until you buy a drink that is. I thought i was clued up and believed the doorman when he said it was free show ,only to find that my bill for one beer was 400 baht! 100 for beer and 300 for show.He denied this of coarse,so beware.

• Bars and Clubs in Patpong: What did I expect?

by Sionhughes Written Oct 10, 2006

Actually it was more or less what I expected. Crowded, grubby, but reasonably safe if you're sensible. Ok people try to rip you off, and its easy to go through money here, but there is not the threatening, heavy atmosphere that you get in say, London or Manchester. Downstairs the bars are much of a muchness. Some tame pole dancing, and absolutely gorgeous looking girls, not the worn out old hookers I was expecting. A lot of the very pretty ones I spoke to were half Thai half Chinese. Really nice girls with reasonable English most of them. Upstairs the situation is different. The sex acts are really sordid and degrading. And I've got a pretty open mind. The hawking can get pretty tiresome here and you will get ripped off if not careful. Actually a good place to spend the late evening. Be aware that evening means 10.30 pm start and 3.00 am finish.

• Business Travel

• PS_Lee81's Profile Photo

Patpong: - it was close during our visit!!!

by PS_Lee81 Updated Aug 24, 2006

my friends @ patpong - sad.. sad.. sad..

i read about the special 'ping pong' show from other VT member before going there... but guess what... most of the pubs and bars were closed due to the Buddha days during our visit (10 July'06). We were very very very unlucky coz 2 days in a year, there will be Buddha days, and most of the entertainments will be closed down as a respect to the sacred days. So you can see the Thais have a very strong religious belief... Really sad that we cant experience the so-called the specialty of Bangkok nightlife. The only things we saw at the place were the street stalls selling all kind of pirated stuffs, such as Nike T-Shirt, Rolex watch, Adidas Shoe, LV Bag, sunglasses, etc...
    So, please check the date you're going to Bangkok to avoid any sacred day so you will not end up like me... :(

• Patpong: Don't Get Ripped Off

by ThaiGuy Updated Jul 13, 2006

You can have a good time there if you stay on the ground floor. However, the places on the second floor are where the rip offs are. If your persuaded to go in one by one of the tuters, especialy watch out. The scenario almost always plays out the same. They claim no cover charge. Then when its time to go they tack a hefty one on to your bill and a big bouncer or two or more blocks the door and won't let you out until you pay up. I'm not saying every place up stairs is a rip off but too many are. If this should happen to you the general advice is: don't argue, pay up but try to get a receipt, next dial 1155 from any phone. That's the tourist police. They'll come and help you normaly. But why not avoid all that and stay on the ground floor where you can come and go freely.

• Beer Tasting

• EKLY's Profile Photo

Patpong: Patpong dream

by EKLY Written Jul 5, 2006

You should visit Patpong both for shopping and Bars. Make hard bargain before buy anything, in thailand you will always think that you could buy with a better price. Do not hesitate enter one of the A Go Go Bar and enjoy the night.

Dress Code: How you feel comfortable.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo

Several - from top(less) till buttom (up): One night in Bangkok

by Luchonda Updated Jun 9, 2006

Patpong

I can only recommend to be very careful and suspicious for some offers man/women or both are offering you.The tragedy in this red light district are the many young people who sell their body for sex tourists.
    This area was called after a rich Chinese
    who owned this place and builded many bars - and temples of "delight"

"One night in Bangkok" by Murray Head, is the song that comes up in my mind visiting this place in BK, or the other song: "Let's talk about sex baby, let's talk about you and me"

"One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
    The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
    You'll find a god in every golden cloister
    And if you're lucky then the god's a she
    I can feel an angel sliding up to me"

Besides sex shops, Patpong is also a place of night markets where you can buy nearly everything - cheap.
    Asia in general is a continent where life starts at sundown and ends ....???

Dress Code: I think rather leisure - because even during the nights - it is "hot" in Bangkok

• Theme Park Trips

• malangi's Profile Photo

Patpong: the red district

by malangi Updated May 3, 2006

patpong

we went to patpong in 2004 with my co-training participants just to check what bangkok red district looks like..its just one alley with shopping stalls at the center...the bars and disco houses are located at the left and right of the alley...you can see women dancing inside...what saddens me about this place is that the clothes are more expensive (250baht and up) than the women dancers (60baht per show)..some of the women look not more than 20 years old...if you are going to patpong better to have a companinon since its not a place for young women

Dress Code: dress conservatively or you might be mistaken for a prostitute or a woman dancer and might be accosted by male persons along the street

• Mehranjbar's Profile Photo

Patpong: Wandering in Patpong

by Mehranjbar Written Apr 28, 2006

Go Go bars

Patpongs (No.1 and 2) are very famous and interesting district (streets) in bangkok.
    One should at least have a look.
    But I recommend it for singles. Be careful of hassels!
    There are many Go-Go bars (table dancers etc.) in Patpongs.
    But the best one there is KING No.1. with the most beautiful girls you might see in Bangkok.
    be careful of King no.2 and specially 3 ! There may be full of shemales!
    If you are interested then no problem!
    if u wanna deal with girl for let's say sex ,be informed that ususally they don't have places and u should pay about 500Bht. extra! Don't 4get to have condoms with u unles u will be charged further!
    Have a nice night there.
    Don't 4get to go to King No.1.... Good Luck,
    mehran

• School Holidays
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Bangkok

• May 7, 2014 at 11:57 AM

We went in Patpong silom tonight with my friend from papau guniea for holiday vacation..

while we walking in the street someone offered us sex show for 100 baht each person free drink ..seems we never experience this kind of show , we accepted the offer bcoz of "curiosity"..

the girl ask for drink and we ordered 2 cola's , seems it was boring we decided to go outside and ask the bill..

we shocked when we saw the bill it cost us 3,800 baht , I can speak thai and I ask why our bill cost 3,800baht , she told me don't complain your not thai , and my friend was very scared and she gave money to her, I ask them again to give me receipt but they refused ...

they shouting us and they can hurt us ..

when we pay they allowed us to go outside..i ask thai people in the market and they told me only 200-300 baht only ..I ask again and again , I noticed that the owner of the bar followed us while walking in the street..he called us and he explained about the bill but we are very upset , he gave back the 1000 baht , he charged us 1000 baht each ..

they are scammers and crazy people ..so for all tourist don't ever ever go to Patpong Pubs and Clubs. they are dangerous people ..they don't care about tourist but they care only money ..