Shamrocks, Bangkok

Know about this? Rate It!

• Shamrocks
    by mamasan69
  • nattybabe's Profile Photo

Irish Pubs: Shamrocks: Great Live Music

by nattybabe Written Jun 25, 2008

Located upstairs on Khao San Road, Shamrocks is surprisingly good fun! With a couple of Sansome buckets into you will will be dancing the night away to the actually extremely good live cover music.

Open during the day you can get food there but later at night it definitely becomes one of the hot spots on Khao San Road. i don't usually recommend Irish pubs in Asia but Shamrocks is definitely worth going to.

Great memories, great music, fantastic people, who could want anything more?

• mamasan69's Profile Photo

SHAMROCK IRISH PUB: FIRST BAR I EXPERIENCED IN THAILAND

by mamasan69 Updated May 12, 2005

SIGN FROM SHAMROCK-Bangkok.

This pub was special to me mostly because it was the first view of the bar scene in Thailand when I arrived from the airport.
    The pub was packed every time I went, which was a few times in my little stay in Bangkok. Drinks are reasonable in price and the service is not too bad. The food is good, and unless you are really hungry, stay away from the bagets, they are huge. My brother ordered one and it must have been a foot long and 6 inches wide. It was funny to watch him try and eat it thats for sure. He was only expecting a light snack, so he got more than he bargained for.
    The pub also has a pool table, which is usually full, and a dart board. If anyone is interested there is also a tattoo shop in the back as well.
    I will go back here if I have to stay in Bangkok longer than a day, it was a fun place to visit and it will bring back memories of my first visit.
    ****UPDATE****I did return here after one year and it was a different experience for sure. I was used to travelling in Thailand, as this was my third trip, and this made adjusting to everything much easier and I had a great time. I was more relaxed and had a better view of Khoa San Road this trip as compared to my first. I also had the chance to bring a first-time person (Gweenie) to enjoy this area with me.

Dress Code: Light clothing is a must, but other than that anything goes.

• Adventure Travel