Know about this? Rate It!
If your in Bangkok on Saturday you must go the the floating markets. They only take place on the week ends (especially saturday). You can hire a long tail boat to visit some of the floating markets on the Chao Phraya. Highly reccomended experience! The cost for an hour tour rages from 350 Baht to 150 baht.
The floating market at Damnoen Saduak is quite interesting! You gotta get there early though. You can rent a boat for an hour or two and get paddled around. There are some areas that local people come to buy their fruits and vegetables and there are a few stands that are targeting the tourist with the tourist junk! But it is worth the visit! Bring plenty of film or have plenty of MB's on your digital card!
You will have to get up early if you want to leave from Bangkok as it will be about a 2 hour bus ride. Or you could stay the night in Damnoen Saduak.
- Budget Travel
- School Holidays
Floating market day trip
Taking the daytrip to the floating market, I found the best way of doing it. Our guide never stopped speaking and telling us about every little thing we passed, The floating market was smaller than I anticipated, but still worth the visit.
In actual it was not as interesting as you may read from article in Internet. It abit disappointed when I found the boat price were so expensive which cost us 500baht per person. We departed from Bangkok about 7am reached there about 8:30am. Took a boat to floating market. We expect there are crowded with hundrreds of vendors and purchasers floating in their small rowing boats selling and buying or exchanging their goods, unfortunately, we saw more tourist boats.
- Sailing and Boating
This kind of market is unique. Even though the tourist are often brought on a more comercial floating market, not the real, traditional one, it still wonders you...
When you go to the floating market, for part of your journey you go by long boat. These guys are extremely skillfull in the handling of these boats. They are great fun to be in.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Bangkok Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Massachusetts Hotels
- Lake Erie Beach Hotels
- Bet Shemesh Hotels
- Boracay Island
- Thomastown Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path