Know about this? Rate It!
Suan Pakkard Palace
This lovely ex-royal residence is in the middle of a busy commercial district, on Sri Ayutthaya Road, but don't let that put you off. It is made up of a collection of attractive old wooden houses which now house several collections of exhibits, many of which are connected to the performing arts. Make sure you look inside the highly decorated laquer pavilion (pictured) at the rear.
This museum is a small treasure that many tourists don't make it to, but it's very easy to get to as it's just a short walk from Phaya Thai Skytrain station. It's open daily from 9am to 4pm. Note that there is an alternate spelling of Suan Pakkad Palace when you're looking for this place and it's also sometimes called Cabbage or Lettuce Farm Palace. There's a lot more information on the official website, listed below.
- Historical Travel
- Museum Visits
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Bangkok Travel Guide
Explore the World
- West Palm Beach Hotels
- Minorca Island
- Pulau Batam Hotels
- Likupang Hotels
- Departamento de Islas de la Bahía
- Monaco Hotels
- Los Angeles Off The Beaten Path
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- Destin Off The Beaten Path
- Indiana Off The Beaten Path
- Cabo San Lucas Off The Beaten Path
- Chiang Mai Off The Beaten Path
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- Madrid Off The Beaten Path
- Pennsylvania Off The Beaten Path
- Trondheim Off The Beaten Path
- Prague Off The Beaten Path
- Israel Off The Beaten Path