A Garden, Bangkok

64 Soi Sukhumvit 51, Sukhumvit Rd (02) 260-4992

• Radchada, Chiangmai nice dining experience
    Radchada, Chiangmai nice dining...
  • Radchada, ChiangMai - Very ordinary pizzas
    Radchada, ChiangMai - Very ordinary...
    by PacificMelody
  • Radchada, ChiangMai offer a genteel feel.
    Radchada, ChiangMai offer a genteel...
  • PacificMelody's Profile Photo

RADCHADA GARDEN CAFE, CHIANGMAI: Nice setting,quality food/drink.But not the pizzas

by PacificMelody Written Jul 24, 2013
    Radchada, ChiangMai offer a genteel feel.

Radchada Garden Cafe is located in a quiet part of Chiangmai. Tranquil garden settings include hens who wander the restaurant and bring a gentle feel-good charm to the place. A great local touch.

Quality Thai & some Continental food at reasonable prices make this restaurant a must visit for people wanting some quiet moments to savor good food at competitive prices. From coffees to entrees to main courses to wines....the choice is good.

Not so good is the pizza which Radchada Garden Cafe actively promotes. On the plus side one gets a thin crust of 12 inches. On the negative side like almost every other Thai pizza its heavy with cheese, sauce and onions and very thin on any meat/chicken which you request when placing the order. After talking to the manager/owner I am told that a Pepperoni pizza has 6 tiny half-slices of pepperoni (ie 3 round slices) scattered over the 12 inch pizza - needing a magnifying glass to find the meat.

Similar story wherever meat/chicken is part of the pizza topping.

When I requested for a pepperoni pizza which actually contains adequate pepperoni I was told that 12 tiny half-slices (ie: 6 round slices) could be dropped if I paid an extra THB 60 (USD 2) which I did - so I could bring you half decent pics of this slight improvement.

This is not a complain of Radchada in Chiang Main since Italian pizzas in Thailand are rarely - if ever - available. What we get is usually a Thai pizza which is heavy on cheese, sauce and onions. Take out your magnifying glass if you want to spot salami, meat, chicken or whatever else the menu promised as topping.

Since Radchada actively promote their pizzas I thought it proper to mention this to the manager/owner who did not seem happy with my observation.

Favorite Dish: Local Thai food is prepared well. The house wine is quite nice.

• Gay and Lesbian
    • Motorcycle

• trisanna's Profile Photo

A Garden: Garden restaurant tucked away in Sukhumvit

by trisanna Updated Apr 4, 2011

A Garden restaurant, Bangkok

This is a restaurant serving a large array of International food. They have a lovely small garden and a beautiful dinning room. I love how they run water down the windows-nice touch. When we were there, you could either have the barbeque buffet or their regular menu. We went for the regular menu. Our table had for appetizers: parm ham with rock melon (cantelope) and gorgonzola, escargots, fried soft shell crab. For dinner, you have a large variety to choose from. From simple pizza to formal steaks or fish dishes. My husband had the tuna steak, which he said was quite good. We had two bottles of Australian red wine, which was a good value compared to other restaurants. The desserts looked kind of bland, so we skipped it. I would eat here again.

• Business Travel