Erawan Tea Room, Bangkok

by Mikebb
    At The Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotel
    by Mikebb
  • Restless-in-kl's Profile Photo

Erawan Tea Room: Don't let its name fool you!

by Restless-in-kl Written Apr 3, 2007

Erawan tea room

Names can be so misleading. For the longest time, I avoided dining at Erawan Tea Room as I thought the cafe only serves tea and bakery stuff. It doesn't help that the front of the shops display cakes and snacks only.

It is only when my colleagues in Bangkok decided to take me to lunch here and I was surprised that the cafe serves some pretty authentic Thai food and it's all "tea-size" servings which is perfect so that we can all try a lot of different things.

The ambience of the cafe is very comfy with lush red sofas and armchairs and each setting is positioned in such a way that it's conducive to have little tete-a-tete with girlfriends and even job interviews (I was told!).

Favorite Dish: There are too many to recall in terms of good dishes as we ordered lots of it. My fave is still the pomelo salad and the Iced Lemongrass Tea. We tried the desserts which is delectable!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

Erawan Tea Room at the Hyatt Hotel: High Tea - An Afternnoon Delight

by Mikebb Written Mar 7, 2006

High Tea at The Erwan Tea Room

I read about this High Tea in the Bangkok Times and thought it would be a good experience . We did not have far to go as it is located in the Hyatt Hotel a minutes walk from the Chitlom station on the Skyrail. We had visited the World Trade Centre, Zen and Isetan department stores and were ready for a good sit down and refreshment. We found the Tea Rooms on the first floor and were shown to our table in a well furnished restaurant. We chose our tea and ordered a high tea each. The platters arrived a few minutes later, a variety of local foods, including fried prawns, fish cakes, squid,chocolate cake, wafer sticks, scones jam and cream , sticky rice with mango and unlimited pots of tea. We received a platter each of the above and had trouble eating it all. The quality was fantastic.
    The cost of this, including tax was 150 baht each, can you believe it?

Favorite Dish: Everything presented was top class, my wife like the sticky rice and mango, I enjoyed everything, particulary the tea.

Instant Answers: Bangkok

Comments

Hotels Near Erawan Tea Room
589 Opinions