Face Bar, Bangkok

Face Bar
    by anne5281
    Face Bar
    by anne5281
  • The Face: Fantastic bar area!

by christph Updated Apr 4, 2011

Lovely Indian restaurant on the 2nd floor, if a little pricey.

Set in a great old Thai teak wood house - good dim lighting, and nicely decorated.

Favorite Dish: Fantastic chicken curries. Northern Indian style. Lots of sauce!

• Face Bar & Restaurant: Avoid this terrible place

by bangkokmum Updated Apr 4, 2011

Many people rave about this restaurant but our experience here was terrible. The food was mediocre, the portions tiny and the prices exorbitant. To say that this place offers poor value for money is an understatement. And to cap it all, two of our party of five got food poisoning. I tried to talk the manager about this but he refused to take my call or answer my emails. Quite honestly, you'll get a better meal from the street stalls outside.

• Face Bar, Bangkok: Paradise right in the center of the city

by Keetingtong Updated Apr 4, 2011

How many days in your life you have been struck by a suprise , Well few weeks ago I was invited to this place called Face Bars In sukhumvit Soi 38, I drive everyday throught the sukhuvmvit and fed up with the traffic , so after work i accepted my freinds invitation and went to sukhumvit Soi 38 , which is exactly underneth the Thong Lo BTS. I was kind of sober cos i knew its going to be a another boring bar ...well I am not shy to admit that I was totally wrong that day . Face is stunning and fantastic. It has a Beautiful bar with chinese beds, an Indian restaurnt called hazzara , an thai restaurant called la na thai , spa , a pastry shop and couple of private rooms. The cocktails are great and tried the Indian food and I think it was the nest Indian Food I ever had in my life. I just went there to spent couple of hours , but I couldnt make myself move from there , I think I was the last one to leave the bar . People always tell me that they like to go to Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai to see the old wooden houses and have a relaxing atmosphere to avoid bangkok ......excuse me!!! try face bar and you would thank me for introduce you the paradise right in the center of the city.
    thanks

Favorite Dish: The Dhaal & Raan E hazzara are divine..dont ever miss it.

• Face Bar: If you're in Bangkok, check this place out !!!

by sweenyron Updated Apr 4, 2011

I was told by my friend if I ever come to Bangkok I need to see this place, so I made an effort to visit this venue by Skytrain to Thonglo station and walk into soi 38 for few minitues on the left there are stunning thai houses and when I get inside all I can say to myself was "This place is amazing". In the middle of busy city of bangkok is there such a place like this? I was hosted to the bar (Face bar) and when I step in I can fell cozyness with relaxing chill music. I spotted Chiness antique wedding bed and without hesitation I went straight in and fell like I'm in totaly different world. I ordered Mojito and can rightaway tell the quality of the drink here. A helpful bar manager approched me and recommended me to try their North Indian cuisine (Hazara) since the Thai restaurant (Lanna Thai) was fully booked. Food was fantastic, good taste and not too overwhelming with spice. The waitress, who looked like she's from Panjab, gave me good choice what to order, very helpful for a man who doesn't know much about Indian food. On the way out I've noticed 2 rooms of Thai home spa that look really tempted, will definitely try next time along with the Thai food. If you ever visit Bangkok this place is very special and I heavily recommend it.

Favorite Dish: Tawa Jinga was exellent the sauce that comes with Large Tiger Prawn was fantastic and should order Cheese Naan to dip with the sauce they go together very well. For drinks, Check out Mojito and Cosmopolitan both are very nice.

• Face Bar: a must see

by anne5281 Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Face bar

Face bar is stunning bar beautifully decorated with antiques from around Asia. It’s an absolute must see. Walking into Soi Sukhumvit 38 you would never expect to see something like this hidden in the middle of busy Bangkok. This place is truly amazing, Its large wooden Thai traditional houses. Lanna (northern Thailand) style. Apart from the bar there also Lanna Thai restaurant, Hazara Indian cuisine, and Pastry shop café plus a spa. Go there for dinner for the great atmosphere; it's relaxing with nice candle light or to the bar that defines chic.

Favorite Dish: every thing

• Face Bar: superb Thai food

by roaminginspector Updated Apr 4, 2011

An exceptional restaurant in a unique and tranquil setting. The establishment includes both a restaurant and a mini-spa housed in a collection of modernized wooden huts connected by a system of decks with lush tropical landscaping. The food was absolutely superb. This was probably the best restaurant we visited in our month-long tour of the Far East.

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

FACE restaurant: really nice, really cool !!!

by jlanza29 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Ok I have to admit I really didn't know what to expect when coming to this restaurant, first it was a bit confusing to find it, right off the Sky-train stop Thong Lor,we walked around until we stumbled upon it, and once inside it was worth the confusion !!!!!
    The place has 2 restaurant One traditional Thai, and the other one Northern Indian, we choose to eat Northern Indian since we had been in Bangkok almost a week and needed a change. The place is nicely set up, a bit dark but very romantic. The staff was extremely helpful in describing the plates on the menu, everyone spoke English well, and was pleasantly treated. I would highly recommend it !!!!!!

Favorite Dish: Both of us has slow roasted leg of lamb !!! a bit spicey but excellent !!!!!

• beebah's Profile Photo

FACE Bar: AMAZING Thai house!

by beebah Updated Apr 4, 2011

Face Bar Bangkok

Walking into soi Sukhumvit 38 you would never expect you see something like this hidden in the middle of busy Bangkok. This place is truely amazing. It's large wooden Thai traditional house. Lanna (northern Thailand) style. (Lanna Thai restaurant) and the other parts are Indian cuisine, Bar,Pastry shop,cafe ..share the area of this beautiful house.

Go there for dinner for the great atmosphere, it's relaxing with nice candle light.

Things you may not like : staff could be very slow and sometimes don't notice that you were still alive waiting for missing dishes you've ordered half and hour ago. But they were polite and tried to do their best already I think.

Favorite Dish: HOR MOK PLA : (Steamed Fish in Banana Leaf) Good taste, boneless, just right for eating with rice.

GAI PAD MED MAMUANG : Fried chicken with cashew nuts! always goooooood