Somboon Seafood, Bangkok

169/7-11 Surawong Rd & others 02-692-6850〜3

• shintarojon's Profile Photo

Somboon Resto: chinese/thai food

by shintarojon Updated Mar 25, 2007

Favorite Dish: (last date visited - July 15, 2006)

a) deep fried crab meat rolled cake
    b) fried morning glory
    c) fried oyster with egg
    d) tom yum kun
    e) crab curry with egg
    f) shrimps with mushroom
    g) fish
    h) shrimps with garlic sauce

• gypsysoul73's Profile Photo

Somboon Seafood Restaurant: Our best meal in Bangkok!

by gypsysoul73 Updated Apr 4, 2011

No wonder every single person I asked recommendations from listed this restaurant. It's become such an institution in Bangkok and is so sought-after that they've created a knock-off version.

They gave us picture menus which facilitated the ordering process. We tried not to overdo it, but everything looked and sounded so good. Within minutes our table was crowded with plates of super fresh and gorgeous-looking seafood. A cart was wheeled up to our table and here they set up a mini bar for our drinks and ice. The waitstaff was very friendly and accomodating. It was already 10:00 and yet the place still had a good crowd.

Somboon is a no-frills Chinese-Thai seafood restaurant. Your first sign that there will be Chinese flavors are the chopsticks on the table because the Thais do not use chopsticks. I will not even attempt to describe the food because I couldn't do it justice. Even the pictures (only the steamed prawns with garlic is not pictured) fail to capture the freshness and scrumptiousness of these gifts from the sea. Everything was superb! And from the mouthful mmmms and ohmygods from around the table, it was obvious everyone agreed.

But my most favorite of all was the fried fish! It was crispy on the outside and super soft and juicy on the inside. The sauce with which it was glazed and on which it lay was sweetened fish sauce or naam pla. It was just the most delightful sauce and I couldn't get enough of it. Good thing this dish came last because as soon as I tried it, I practically forgot about the other food.

It was unanimous that this was the best meal we had in Bangkok!

Favorite Dish: The fish in sweet fish sauce!

Avoid fakes, look for this sign! Curried crab Oyster Omelette Black pepper crab Fish in sweet fish sauce

• Sad they serve shark fin soup !!

by cybosapien Written Oct 11, 2011

Been there few times and I like this place. really good one if you love Crab. But lately i found out that they serve Shark fin soup , which i really do not support.

I will miss this place untill they stop serving shark fin soup.

Rgds,

Raj

Instant Answers: Bangkok

• HopeT's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

the best food in Somboon Seafood Restaurant,should take you lunch o dinner there.

Hotels Near Somboon Seafood