Tailors, Bangkok

Know about this? Rate It!

• Tailors
    by Snipernurse
    Crown Tailor view from across the road
    by AhmedU1
  • Tailors
    by best123
  • Tailors: Universal Tailors

by pauls4425 Updated Jan 30, 2014

I ‘discovered’ Universal Tailors recently, and was absolutely delighted by the professionalism, knowledge and patience, shown by Mr. Ronnie and his whole team, to produce a fantastic suit under a very tight timetable.
    This is why I headed straight to Universal after arriving in Bangkok on my last trip, to get the ball rolling on one suit, and half a dozen tailored shirts, all of which I believe are simply the best quality and value for money in Bangkok.
    As a result of Mr. Ronnie’s meticulous attention to detail throughout the fitting process, I am confident that I would be able to order my next suit remotely, and that it will fit great, look great and continue to impress.
    Of course I’d still pop into the shop to say hi when I’m in town, just to see the latest fabrics in case something new is needed!
    This is not the cheapest suit you can buy in Bangkok, but if you are looking for exceptional quality in a suit, at a price that represents excellent value for money, you should look here first.
    I have no hesitation in recommending Mr. Ronnie and the team at Universal Tailors!!

What to buy: Wool suits, italian cotton and egyptian cotton shirts

• AhmedU1's Profile Photo

Crown Tailor: Memorable Experience

by AhmedU1 Updated Jan 14, 2014

Crown Tailor view from across the road

Last year I visited Bangkok with my girlfriend – on our long awaited holidays – but not without a little catch. Being one of the partners in the automobiles business, I was supposed to meet a client in Bangkok before I could fly back to UK. On top of my girlfriend’s constant yawping about the meeting, I was informed at the Bangkok airport that some of our luggage was lost during the transit. Cliché! Right? At that moment I felt like I’m living in a movie where an unfortunate chain of event takes place, but contrary to that, the trips was one of the best vacations I have ever had.

After settling down in the hotel, I had to go look for a suit for my meeting, as we had to leave for Phataya for an overnight stay and after that to Phucket. I was not sure where to look; luckily, I stumbled upon Crown Tailor here on the internet. I was not sure if I should go for tailored suit but I decided to pay them a visit based on what people had to say about them on the internet. Situated not far from my hotel, Crown Tailor is not the only shop in the vicinity, so before I paid them a visit I had the chance to know the market better. Finally before buying anything I walked into Crown Tailors and 5 minutes in to it I knew I was ordering more than one suit that I needed for my meeting.

Lop was the attendant and unlike many attendants I have come across elsewhere, he focused on finding out about my requirement before referring any fabric item or styles. Once synched with me he went through some of the fabric options and thanks to my selected colour choice there, we were through it very quick. I picked two fabrics and then came the hard part i-e the styles. I was quite surprised about how much I have missed on fashion that past year and was not sure what I needed. And let me tell you I always took pride in my dressing sense backed up by the compliments I always receive. Lop helped me decide which style should I be picking for the meeting and which one would be the best for the party suit I was ordering.

I had changed my schedule a little to be back in Bangkok before the meeting, which gave me enough time to come in for the final fitting and beside a last minute cuff adjustment that I decided to have, everything was in perfect order. I walked into the meeting with the flawless confidence owing half of it to the flawless suit I was wearing. It is definitely the place where you would want to order a suit if you want to be in safe hands. Beside a little change of plan my time in Bangkok, Pataya and Phucket turned out to be one of the best holiday trips I have had, I owe Crown Tailors big time for making it happen.

What to buy: Men's clothing. Shirts, Coats, Suits and ties.

What to pay: Well worth every dime of what you pay. It normally depends on many things such as your choice of fabric and design and so on

• Armindai's Profile Photo

VIP Tailor (not MBK): reliable tailor with good quality stuff

by Armindai Updated Mar 29, 2013

Finding a good tailor in BKK can be an ordeal. After some missforture I can recommend VIP Tailor in Khao San Road (Banglompoo), a shop not very big or fancy, but reliable, fair and fine quality. Compare the different sorts of fabrics, you easily find out why they come with diffenrent prices ;). Some big shops with luring "phantastic" offer disappointed me a number of times. I had to do with Sam (phone +66.894716292) and was very satisfied - as I said fully recommendable

What to buy: Men´s suits and shirts, tailormade for a bargain!

What to pay: depends much on the quality, compare the fabrics!

• Cruise
    • Seniors

• Hong Kong Tailors: Lier's and Cheats Hong Kong Tailors Bangkok

by phnewson Written Jun 26, 2012

My partner and ordered more than $1500.00 worth of suits and shirts. We had four fittings and nothing fitted. We had to return to Melbourne as our holiday finished and Mr Viki and Mr Harry form Hong Kong Tailors said they would send the order to us. THEY NEVER CAME. We emailed and they said they had sent them twice. THEY NEVER CAME. We called them and they said they wanted the other half of the money first AND the cost of shipping or they would not send them. LIES LIES LIES. This is the worst company I have every dealt with. They are dishonest!

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. DO NOT TRUST THEM!

What to buy: Do not buy from this shop

What to pay: Do not spend anything

• Tailors: Tailor on Ten

by tabs138 Written Aug 31, 2011

I recently had the great pleasure to do with business with Alex and the rest of crew at Tailor on Ten in Bangkok.

I initially went in to have one suit designed, but decided on having one shirt made to test the quality and workmanship as well. The guys made an immediate impression on me with their professionalism and great customer service. During the initial consult, I was given honest opinions regarding options that would best fit my body type and current style. I was never aggresively upsold on buying more than I wanted or splurging on the most expensive options. This was a welcome change from the normaly cut-throat business tactics I'd become accustomed to during my previous business encounters in Thailand.

Alex and the rest of his crew gave honest and much-appreciated opinions and insights during the numerous fittings and adjustments. This was incredibly important to me, since the last thing I wanted was a bunch of "Yes Men" who were afraid to give differing stylistic opinions to their customer. Of course, they'll do whatever the customer wants, but these gentlemen are professionals and stand by their product.

Needless to say, I was thrilled with the final results. In fact, I was so happy with the end-product that I had three additional shirts made up and am already planning on getting more items done in the near future! You can't go wrong with these guys, and highly recommend anyone who is serious about custom-made tailoring to seek out Tailor on Ten.

What to pay: More than many other tailors near Nana BTS, but remember that you pay for what you get!

• Perfect Shirt: Best suits in Bangkok.

by best123 Written Aug 25, 2011

These guys are best in Bangkok. They are the Manufacturer (Factory) for made to measure clothes.. They can come to see you anywhere in Bangkok. They can offer the best price for suits & shirts as they make it themself & they don't have to pay fee for rent and staff.. If you have time you can go to their factory & experience the making process of custom made clothes..

What to buy: Custom made suits, shirts, jacket, etc

What to pay: They offer best price as they are direct manufacturer..

• Business Travel

• Tailors: Avoid La Moda!!!

by mokkwanghow Updated Jun 21, 2011

La Moda at Amari Atrium And at Amari Waterfront

What to buy: DON'T GO TO THESE PLACES. Got severely cheated by this man called Bobby from this tailor chain! very dishonest people. General tip: do not pay up front for anything that you have not tried on. DO NOT trust them to deliver the clothes to your hotel the morning that you are leaving. if you have no time to try on the clothes with time for alteration, do not buy!

What to pay: depends on the quality of the fabric

pants 1200-1600

• Tailor On Ten: Bangkok Tailor

by tailoronten Written Apr 28, 2011

This is a bangkok tailor that offers excellent fabric selections, produces great clothing, high quality suits, dresses and accessories and is run by a Canadian guy.

What to pay: Prices are reasonable and very competitive, it is very dependant on your selections of fabric and so on.

• Tailor Consultant: Tips on Tailors

by Seberus Updated Apr 4, 2011

I am here in Bangkok having spent a pretty penny on some suits. I am very hard to fit and equally hard to please. A genetleman here in Bangkok, who happens to be an expert tailor working for one of the shops, has befriended me and I have gotten from him some very valuable lessons in picking the right material and tailoring. I have asked Ram if I could post his name on Virtual Tourist and he has graciously agreed, so here it is along with his cell phone.....He works with Tony's Collections on Sukhumvit Road. What he can do is pick you up, take you to the tailor, make sure you get the right quality and fittings and see to it that you get what you are paying for.....in effect, your own personal tailor/consultant to help you navigate the tricky world of custom tailoring in Bangkok. Happy shopping:

Ram (66) 059162678

What to pay: Depends on the quality of the material. Ram would receive a modest commission from the tailor-- much lower than the commissions that hotel concierges can get just for recommending a tailor.

• Hewer's Profile Photo

Narry's Boutique: Hello Sir! A suit for you?

by Hewer Updated Apr 4, 2011

Narry's shopfront

Shopping around for a tailor can be a bewildering (not to mention annoying) experience. There are hundreds of tailors around the tourist areas of Bangkok and it seems like every one of them is out for the hard sell. I found Narry's by accident a couple of years ago and I've now bought ten suits from them. I've always been happy with what they've done for me and the turnaround time and overall service is excellent.

The operation is run and staffed by Indians and Burmese of Indian descent. Most of them speak English quite well and know their stuff. My wife and I actually got our wedding outfits made there and saved quite a lot of money. My wife took in a photograph from a magazine and they made it.

They are open from 9am till 8pm. Generally a suit takes 48 hours, though in one case they made two suits in 8 hours for me so I think it's possible to negotiate there.

What to pay: I pay 6000 baht per suit.

• streuner73's Profile Photo

Thai Square Fashion Co., Ltd.: Great Suits

by streuner73 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Now. I was told about this shop by a nice VT-member ;-)
    I called the shop, and the picked me up at the hotel in the morning. In the Shop the shop they showed me the different cuts, the materials and I made my choice. the measured me, and afterwards drove me where ever i wanted. The same day at night, i was picked up again at the hotel for the first fitting. one pair of trousers and a shirt where already done, the jacket was sittet to my body... again I got a ride back wherever i wanted to.
    the next day in the morning, the tailor came to my hotel with all items for the final fitting in my room. We discovered a few tiny mistakes, and he took the articles, which had to be redone with him. the same night everything was delivered to my hotel.
    It was en exelent service and great stuff...

What to buy: I bought 4 suits (cashmere) and 6 shirts, they also have Ladys fashion

What to pay: for the whole pack (4 suits + 6 shirts) i payed 60.000 bath (1.200,-EURO) without negotiating ... well, i was not used to this by then and for german standarts it was a great buy...

• perseushermes's Profile Photo

Stylo Tailor (previously O.M. Tailors): Tailor near emporium

by perseushermes Updated Apr 4, 2011

Location Map

Like any other tailor in Bangkok, they can provide the finished product (Shirts , Pants, Jackets) without hassle.
    BUT As most tailors know you may never come back again, they'll charge you extra.

For OM, they charge about Baht800 to Baht900 for the tailored shirts and Baht2000 to Baht2500 for working pants. Most of the time other tailors charge exhorbitant prices knowing that you may never come back. But its about 500 to 600 bh depending on the quantity of the shirts. [Update Nov 05 - Stylo now has a good deal and charges about BH500 per shirt, and may give additional discounts. The pants goes a bit cheaper too. I think it is the competition that is causing the price decrease]

OM charges reasonble and the guy is very nice. It will nice if you tell him that 0383 referred you to OM. He likes to keep up with his customers referrals. And he keeps cards of his customers which are from all over the world too! From the Wall Street guy to some guys from the Embassies nearby. [Update Nov 05 - Stylo is now under the care of James, Ronny is the other guy there , who will be able to help with it]

Always remember - Reasonable and fast (may not be up to your standard)
    Reasonable rate and time frame given to Stylo to make your tailored wear.
    I took
    (a) for a suit - 4 days and i went in for 2 fittings just to make sure it fit for my suit
    (b) Shirts - one fitting

What to buy: Working Shirts
    Working Pants
    Jackets (Bush Jacket)
    (Both mens and ladies)

What to pay: About Baht 800-900 per Shirt (micro cotton fibre and depending on quality)
    About Baht per pants
    jackets about Baht 3000
    [Update Nov 05 - Stylo now has a good deal and charges about BH500 per shirt, and may give additional discounts]
    [Update Dec 06 - The Baht has appreciated against the US Dollar. It might not be as cheap as Before. Just mention 0383 recommended you to OM. (The guys identifies me from my receipt no 0383), You prob get a decent price]

All depending on the material.

• Bangkok Tailors: Not Easy Being Well Dressed in Bangkok

by WOOdy3692 Written Mar 5, 2011

Been to many tailors in Bangkok. I'm a little hard to please. Most fabrics for suits are unimpressive. The high-end brands, Dormeuil, Scabal, Loro Piana, Zegna are priced very high, usually 45,000 - 70,000 baht plus. Middle brands are okay and range from 9,000 to 19,000 plus. These are all wool or wool/cashmere blends. Every tailor shop will use wool with synthetic blends unless you specifically ask for all wool. Synthetics are cheaper for tailor and will give him bigger profit but will not hold up well. What's the point of getting a custom made suit made with polyester? Seems silly but that's what most people who go suit hunting in Bangkok wind up with. All of the fabrics are labeled all wool with cashmere. Doesn't mean anything. Burn a small piece of fabric. If it melts, it's poly. If it burns and leaves an ash and white-grey smoke, it's wool. Also should smell like burning hair. It's a real crap shoot here because if you find a guy who does decent tailoring, chances are he won't have the fabric you want. If you're planning a suit buying trip here, bring your fabric with you. Better chance of getting quality fabric at cheaper price anywhere but here. 3 1/2 meters for suit. One place wanted 38,000 for a suit and another with the same fabric wanted 50,000 and still a third, again with identical fabric wanted 18,000. Pretty hard to figure out what to do. No guarantee that the more expensive place has better tailors. You must be able to spend a few weeks here because quality work will require at least 3 fittings and figure a week between fittings. That's if the fabric you chose from the tailor is in stock. If not, add another week or two. Ask for as many customized details on the suit as you can imagine. There is no extra charge for details. Go crazy. If you don't know what to ask for, go to the internet and look up options in custom suits. If you bring your own fabric, the tailoring should run about 6,000 baht at a quality tailor.

• Buddy Fashion House: Terrible service and terrible ladies suits

by monica321 Written Jan 6, 2010

Small family run business which has 2 other shops in the Khao San area - Amit Fashion and Amur Fashion House.

I ordered a ladies suit which had a terrible fit, it felt like I was wearing a sack. When this was politely pointed out to them the first time they looked surprised and said that this would be fixed for the next fitting. On the next fitting the changes were not made and I was appauled to receive a very rude and aggressive response when pointing this out. After lots of arguing they agreed to call the tailor into the shop who understood what was needed to be done. The changes were finally made but a very rushed job with not a good finish.

I have never been spoken to so rudely in my life, the experience spoilt what would otherwise have been a great holiday, I would advise all to stay away!

What to pay: 5,000 baht

• CJ Collections: Warning on Tailors

by anne_shaver Written Dec 8, 2009

DO NOT visit this tailor in Bangkok. They are super dishonest and swindled me out of a lot of money. They use polyester nylon, not wool or cashmere, and they do very poor quality clothing construction. They are very good con-artists and had me totally fooled. I've now heard of plenty of others who have gone to them and received terrible clothes for their money.

What to buy: I would avoid any tailors unless you really know what you are doing. You just will not have any way to tell the good ones from the swindles, which is in reality 98% of the tailors there.

Instant Answers: Bangkok

• Jul 16, 2013 at 3:38 AM

I also went to Adam and Eve to buy a suit and found it great! I bought 2 suits, a shirt and a tie for 1200 Baht. I chose the shop because of their fabric - they had a great Irish Linen which look awesome. The tailoring was excellent and they understood how to shape the suit to your body, but you should go in there and have it all fitted (as with any tailor in Asia). If you had it posted and your body has changed, it's not going to be perfect. There is also a tailor next to Adam and Eve which means both are very competitive (so the quality and the deal you will get is much better).